What happens in HL1?

Fil

Reaction score
I haven't played HL1 and I have bought HL2, can someone give me a summary on what happend in the first one?

Thanks

just put down the extra 10 bucks for the silver package.. play hl1

For some reason it makes me angry when someone wants to play the sequel to arguably "The Best PC First Person Shooter Of All-Time" without even playing the original.

It makes me even angrier when they ask about what happens in Half-Life even before they play the second, before at least attempting to play the first.

I get angry again when someone goes ahead and tells them the answer so that they don't have to play the original at all.

Call it my gaming pet peeve. ;)

Your late for work AGAIN... you get off the tram at sector C control. You gota go get in your hazzard suit then go to the test chamber. the men in white yack on and on then you push the sample from Xen in.

:x

Boom you find most ppl dead or being killed you get the crowbar and your next opjective is the
Lamba complex

after being killed striped and killed more you reload the game again and again before you pass what ever and make it to the
lamba complex... they load you up with jump enhancements and weapons then ship you off threw the primary protal to xen

you ported around Xen and boom you hit the big babby floating in the air... you kill it.. The Gman tells you Xen: The Boarder world is in thare controle. he talks about how you earned the hazard suit but most of your weapons are government propertie... yes includeing the beat up crowbar.
:upstare:

... you offers you a job and HL2 asumes you took it... he hits you in the head for 15 years and puts you right where you started... on a train...

so thats what you got out of hl1......hmmmmm......I think there is a little more to it than that.

HEY!!! leave some for the guy to find out on his own... b/s i dont remember EVREYTHING

A True Canadian said:
For some reason it makes me angry when someone wants to play the sequel to arguably "The Best PC First Person Shooter Of All-Time" without even playing the original.
It makes me even angrier when they ask about what happens in Half-Life even before they play the second, before at least attempting to play the first.
I get angry again when someone goes ahead and tells them the answer so that they don't have to play the original at all.
Call it my gaming pet peeve. ;)

You get angry about THAT?
Twisted little man ;)

Fil, you are depriving yourself by not playing it. Even today's games with better graphics have a hard time competing with HL's ai and storyline. Do yourself a favour and either dl it on steam (if you have thepackage) or pick up a copy at your local software retailer. You can probably get it really cheap. Good luck!

kinda sad... somebody buys a seqeul to a game while not having a clue whats its about.
games are to be treated with respect :p

Forau said:
You get angry about THAT?
Twisted little man ;)

Well not really. :D

I just wonder why people want to know the full plot of games instead of finding out for themselves. Games are meant to be played.

Half-Life 2 is a direct continuation of Half-Life. It's like seeing The Two Towers instead of seeing The Fellowship of the Ring. Or watching Matrix Revolutions without seeing Matrix Reloaded.

I dunno what I'm getting at here. I just can't figure out why people would rather have the FUN taken out of something by having it ruined for them. It doesn't make sense to me.

I've decided to try it out, I'm playing it right now and so far its pretty good. Thanks guys for encouraging me to play! :E

that's the wise decision you just made there. enjoy your trip through black mesa, pal.

can you imagine us 6 years ago struggling to have this game run good on our 166s with voodoo2s :)

trizzm said:
that's the wise decision you just made there. enjoy your trip through black mesa, pal.

can you imagine us 6 years ago struggling to have this game run good on our 166s with voodoo2s :)

Those were the days :) lol

Hell yeah!
I still remember the first time the accident happened,
the office complex, the huge ass tentacles..
Great.

Even though I didn't like the graphics (I know it's an old game, but I am still playing Counter Strike 1.6; I guess it's a matter of textures and level design), I played through HL1 and enjoyed it. I didn't play the addons though and don't feel like buying them now(I wanted the cd-key for CS so I bought HL1 earlier). Has anything important happened there? People are excited about Barney and I don't know what's the deal =)

History happens in HL1.

as for the add-ons, they are not as high-quality as the game, but they are quite fun to do once. Shepherd(the marine)'s weapons are pretty nice to kill with and are very diverse. however in blue shift, the main drawback is you only have the pistol, the shotgun, the magnum, and the MP5. both have nice level design and are quite challenging actually, but they're far from being as epic as HL.

I prefered the Decay chapters to the expansion sets, personally.

Back