What happens when you ditch Alyx?

Iron_cube

Reaction score
ep2outland080004uj6.jpg

Oh you vorties :LOL:

Interesting. :)

Bad luck for those of us who just want to get away from her though.

Not me mind, after my prior relationships she seems rather refreshing, someone you can turn off and ignore when you want to. :cheese:

The Alyx Vance may open the way
To the Freeman
Without her electric zap
The Freeman cannot proceed.

/EDIT That is some awesome fourth wall breakage right there though.

The one you get when you let the Striders destroy the White Forest rocket waves your suckage in your face to the extent that it reminds you that its only a game.

Kind of a cop-out, isn't it? Like the Resistance movement would just suddenly utterly fail without her.

Makes the whole thing look like every single event is already planned.

DUN DUN DUN

Kind of a cop-out, isn't it? Like the Resistance movement would just suddenly utterly fail without her.

She does have the transmission packet with her. Without out it, it wouldn't have been possible to close the portal

While true, it's just sort of lame going to a black screen and telling you that you failed, without showing you the ramifications of your actions.

They've been doing it since half-life and your noticing now?

You completely missed the point of the thread.

1. It's almost impossible to see this one message. Except on a few car maps.

2. It's being told by vortigaunts instead of G-man/Employers.

3. Wasn't posted before.

Just one dork's opinion, but putting these messages into the mouths of characters onscreen is like giving literary and dramatic credence to the ushers telling people to turn off their cellphones in theaters.

Ta, I had been wondering what happens if you loose Alyx. I would have thought the new Vortal take on these messages would have made more sence in Episode One and Two, but whatever, I like them.

Just one dork's opinion, but putting these messages into the mouths of characters onscreen is like giving literary and dramatic credence to the ushers telling people to turn off their cellphones in theaters.
I don't understand your point, ushers are a third party this would have been written by the writers of Half-Life. Valve have taken what would have been standard/boring game over messages and added a Half-Life-Mythology spin to them.

Besides, it's called fourth-wall breakage. Don't tell me you've never heard of it.

Well-put for a dork :)

She does have the transmission packet with her. Without out it, it wouldn't have been possible to close the portal
Gordon could have just taken it off of her. Hell, he could have left the Vortiguants to heal her and buggered off to White Forest when she first got injured. But that wouldn't have been very gentlemanly :p

I don't understand your point, ushers are a third party this would have been written by the writers of Half-Life.
It wasn't perfect... but the meaning of analogies too gentle, subtle or apt often go lost.

There's also a vortigaunt message when you lose the car. Don't remember what it is, though.

By the way, I've never actually ever seen Ushers at a cinema. :/

[Intense Off-Topic] Stop going to chain theaters then! Go to privately owned ones run by people who love movies. You will likely see actual humans instead of cheesy CG anims.

I prefer the one that comes up when you let the silo get blasted by a strider (Surly I'm not the only one who let it happen to see what kind of message you get?). I can't remember it exactly, so someone else check it, my EP2 isn't available at the moment.

I think it says something to the effect of "The Magnusson's misgivings for the Freeman appear to be correct. The game is now over."
They basically broke the fourth wall with that one.

It wasn't perfect... but the meaning of analogies too gentle, subtle or apt often go lost.
Thanks I ask for a clarification, mostly because the words, "messages into the mouths of characters onscreen" don't make sense because there aren't any characters onscreen and you call me simple.

:farmer:well I, didn't get a couple of de big words, sir:farmer:

I think it says something to the effect of "The Magnusson's misgivings for the Freeman appear to be correct. The game is now over."
They basically broke the fourth wall with that one.

If it said 'The Game is Now Over', then that would be disapointing.

Anyone got the text for Strider-Base-Failure?

I too prefer the "Subject: Freeman" lines of failure.

Back