Votes: 2 5.3%
  • All is fine

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • I do not want to by HL3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
L

last_vampire

In first of all i dislike the history of black mesa.
Any body can explain me who is this Gman - along normal guy in the entire game.Why half of the game i just traveling to the some strange doc and his doughter.
Mach of questions but no explains.Maybe in Valve working only childrens.I think manufakturers of game cut many intresting thigns from the game which i saw in the last trailers.
Stoopid end,stupid guns,no last atmosfere and more...
Hl 1 was better than his newer realise.

I hope in the future Valve will write buty mods for game.
Sorry for russian accent.

Yeah, a lot of people had problems with the "story gaps".

...but I loved it!

lol

The Russian accent is cool. But prepare to be flamed... people around here don't like it when people say stuff like that. It's how you can tell the fanboys from actual sane people.

But, yeah, legimate points. I think what some people like about the atmosphere is that now you can't just bunk up in a weapons storage room and lure enemies into it; now you're in the real world.

I wish they would have gone even farther and had more Soviet style stuff cause I love that stuff.

I knew it

NapalmAndFriends said:
lol

The Russian accent is cool. But prepare to be flamed... people around here don't like it when people say stuff like that. It's how you can tell the fanboys from actual sane people.

But, yeah, legimate points. I think what some people like about the atmosphere is that now you can't just bunk up in a weapons storage room and lure enemies into it; now you're in the real world.

Maybe thats why a administrator of russian forum kill my poll.
But i just tald what i think.Why all gamers mast tell only good sides of game.

Precisely.
I thought that Half-Life 2's most dissapointing thing was the uneven pacing; at one point I was quite bored, pushing bobbing barrels in the water. I think the rest is great, though.

NapalmAndFriends said:
I thought that Half-Life 2's most dissapointing thing was the uneven pacing; at one point I was quite bored, pushing bobbing barrels in the water.

The whole 20% of the game that was Water Hazard as boring as watching paint dry, cept the odd raised dock/crane platform. They were fun to blast zombies off of.
Ravenholm bored me after about 20 minutes too, it got too samey.

Did anybody else feel oddly reminded of On A Rail during Water Hazard?

That glory was fleeting, I just ending up pressing on at full speed most of the way.
Now Highway 17 was a good idea, the action there was broken up by those AWESOME derelict building fights with the combine. I'm all about high quality ai fighting in small houses.

Heh. That and the fact I got blasing people through windows down to an art.
Also, using the 'blue gun' *cough* I went back to my little highway 17 sandbox and loved blasting spawned zombies through closed windows. Heheh.

:cheers:

Cheers. But THE best thing is is throwing a Manhack at a target that is right in front of an opening...

I'm not at the end of the game yet so maybe this will get better but the only thing that I find a little disappointing is the lack of varied weapons like what was in half life 1, also is the SMG loads less accurate in this version? it does seem to be VERY linear aswell

I also think these minor grumbles are compensated for by the amount of times I said "wow!" out loud to myself throughout the game, e.g. when the first locomotive went past, when the first combine bullet whizzed past my head while I was under water, at the HUGE bridge on the buggy level (i forget the name) the bloody massive moving structures closing in when coming back into the city and my GOD when 'dog' pounced on that APC and started hammering on it like a silverback as it screeched around in a city courtyard! "phuuuuuck!" I said - also at this point a nice element of vengeance is creeping in due to the double cross going on which is always an incentive to press on with a sense of urgency

that kinda backfired in terms of 'not liking' things about half life didn't it! sorry ;)

I finally got to the Citadel last night. I thought the Citadel tour was superb. On a par with the opening train ride from HL1 for cinematic 'feel'.

the game was fantastic but i can't forgive valve for cuttering some of the best scenes that we saw on the binks , traptow : missing (turned into ravenholm i think) docks : missing (where's that fabulous sunset ?) striders : changed ...(where's the tramway running on the street and the streetcorner where gordon throw a chair on the strider? it was a really nice and big place to fight) kleiner's lab: changed ...can't remember a strider destructing the wall ...
last_vampire is right i haven't got the story..
patches and fixes doesn't solved the stuttt tt tt ering problem
and finally the game was too short compared to farcry (hl2 15 stages<far cry 20 stages)
but it was the most impressive game i've ever played...

People - please. If you're gonna make a thread, or just even a poll, make sure the goddam spelling's right. Sheesh.

Back