What if star trek holodecks existed? Would you want a real woman?

Reaction score
I sure wouldn't. All I want is the orgasm so I can get onto important things like making money and playing my pc. A virtual reality environment where you can't tell the difference between the solid holography and the real thing. Perfect women and scenarios of your creation. 100% sanitary and clean.
You can just have the bitches or build a family, Then when your sick of them just delete and create a new biotch.

lol sure it'd be great for the pleasure. but the emotional interactions would be so purely superficial. i'd opt for a real female.

/me buil...

oh sh*t time to watch hockey

I'd want a holodeck for other things too, imagine what gaming would be like, mmorpgs would take on a whole new meaning.

yeah if they did invent such a thing id just get hooked up to a drip and get pluged into the holodeck.
No more reality for me!

If holodecks were real. Maxi would probably swamp them with Sims games and you'd end up having to pay inflated prices for furniture that wasn't real

It would be like shopping at Ikea

-

I make jokes but actually it would be great. Heh can you imagine the editing forums for holodeck simulations? It would bring a whole new meaning to not having sharp edges on your models, cause this time you really could take your eye out.

Well, with the way technology is advancing today, in 20 years we may all be sitting at our chairs with a virtual reality suit on, playing morrowind or half life 5 or whatever......

....while our wives yell at us to stop "fooling around with that virtual prostitute"

Goodbye civilised society hello holodecks!!

Why would you want to go back to reality after being in a wild orgy with 20 pre-programmed amazon beauties. Exactly..

Every form of entertainment, TV, Radio, Computer games, magazines etc etc would suddenly become redundant as the masses flock to holodecks to live out their fantasies!!

As for me, i'd create numerous sex programs, lightsaber fights with sith lords, spiderman (or if you will...Batman) hero related scenarios.

Oh my :D

Haha... way too fun... and imagine the things you could actually teach yourself to do... :)

Me, personally, I would love to go through D-Day (with the safety protocols of course) and see what the rush is like. If I were to get shot, then a volt of electricity would hit me, and if I were to "die", the simulation would start over. Possibly, have it so you can hook it up to your mind, and you actually THINK you're in the war, instead of knowing it's a holodeck? That'd make it even better.

EC said:
Me, personally, I would love to go through D-Day (with the safety protocols of course) and see what the rush is like. If I were to get shot, then a volt of electricity would hit me, and if I were to "die", the simulation would start over. Possibly, have it so you can hook it up to your mind, and you actually THINK you're in the war, instead of knowing it's a holodeck? That'd make it even better.

Pretty desturbing wish. If you actually had to live through D-Day I doubt very much you'd have been feeling a rush, rather you'd be shitting yourself silly.

If I had a holodeck you can guarantee you'd never see me again.

/me enters the holodeck only to be greeted by professor moriarty.

craigweb2k said:
Pretty desturbing wish. If you actually had to live through D-Day I doubt very much you'd have been feeling a rush, rather you'd be shitting yourself silly.

Yeah, was a pretty ****ed up thing to say. Treating a real war like that as nothing but a game. Typical children, they should bring back national service, show these scamps a thing or two ;)

Fenric said:
Yeah, was a pretty ****ed up thing to say. Treating a real war like that as nothing but a game. Typical children, they should bring back national service, show these scamps a thing or two ;)

Agreed. One reason why war shouldnt be as glorified in the media as it is because everyone is under the oppinion it's an enjoyable experience.

IMO all people should have 1 years national service from 16 to 17 and then 2 years retail service from 17 to 19 just to see how crap retail jobs can be and learn to treat people in retail jobs as more than mere tools.

Can't blame him for being curious as to what it's really like...

Letters said:
Can't blame him for being curious as to what it's really like...

Well we're all curious.. that doesnt mean the experience should be made into a form of entertainment.

We're certainly heading that way... World War 2 seems to be a pretty popular gaming scenario.

But theres a difference between a game which is polgons and textures and actually having such an accurate representation that you can smell the fear all around you. The only way you should be able to experience such a thing would be without saftey protocols imo.

Crikey! WW2 games....There's to damn many of em! and now there commin out with even more for Vietnam. Goodbye Nazies, helloooo Nothern Vietnamies people! Honestly, leave war alone for alittle bit. Ya know, so that in a couple years we'll be interested in it...again. *EB game commercial* Whup Whup Whup Whup Whup Whup some more ass in another Vietnam game that you will probably find exactly the same as Medal of Honor except with cute vietnam people....wielding rocket launchers! *insert "War, what is it god for? Absolutly nothing!" *Sigh* I can see it all now. Well, I'm going to hit the hay (means going to bed, I don't know what the European expression is) because it is 11:35 in the PM. Signing off....until tomorrow...where we will once again discuss crap to keep us occupied until Half Life 2 comes out. Goodbye, for now. Goodnight (or maybe good morning in Europe!) *csmighty fumbles off chair and stumbles out of the room while switching off his night light*

Apparently no one got my "Tank..... load the jump program." joke, or if they did, simply didn't find it very funny. :)

I would have a match against Darth Maul...
But then the machine would kill us both because Darth Maul is from Star Wars and the holodeck is from Star Trek.

The answer to the question asked by this thread? YES.

:¬ /

Apparently no one got my "Tank..... load the jump program." joke, or if they did, simply didn't find it very funny

Yep I got it top secret, Yeah id say the matrix is but 20 years away.
Roll on downloadable skills :sniper:

Immagine downloading skills illegal on kazaa then instead of getting 31337 skillz in hl8 you get gay skills?

immagine the horror!

Well, it depends on your definition or 'real woman'. Is something you can touch and feel (due to some sort of magnetic field) and has the same intelligence and diversity and the ability to improvise any less 'real' than what we would call a woman now? Wouldn't such a hologram be alive too, since we're actually all AI too?
If the hologram is bound to simple pre programmed stuff, than I would prefer a real woman, but if the hologram could do anything, and even behave the same way like what we call a woman, than the hologram is as much woman as any other woman. If you get my point.

I like the idea of downloading illegal skillzors and shite, then we could take that e-penis thing to the next level :D

Holographic women is fun and all, but when someone accidentally overwrite your little woman program with the monster from "Return Of The Swamp Creature IX: The Return From The Swamp", the joke is on you :p

I guess that most ppl would still enjoy the company of "real" women, ocassionally using the holodecks while they 're alone (new way of wacking off).

It wouldn't simply erase human relations until some sort of AI was developed. Then, maybe, we would live in v-worlds, since it would all seem like the same. Pppl could be born and die in it, never knowing the difference.

It seems to me that the CIA is working on v-worlds with ARPA in order to get confessions and interrogations. Imagine that you're captured, they put you to sleep. Then you wake up, not klnowing that your in a v-world and would tell someone what they want to know, not knowing that its all a sim made for that exact purpose. Scary shit can be done.

Brian Damage said:
Better Than Life, anyone?

Something just popped into my head, Red Vertically Challenged Person...Damn Political Correctness.

Anyway a holodeck would be cool, there is so much stuff i would want to do.

Imagine, every house in the world could be a holodeck and you could design everything you wanted.

The point about the war games is kinda weird to be honest, because really our reasons for playing wouldnt be any different than why we play war games now. Not only that, but just because its more realistic, its no less disrespectful than anything now...

Anyway, MMORPG's would be so cool. Hop-efully along with holodecks we would get replicators and renewable power, hence ridding ourselves of the need to earn money.

As for real women...Well i dont think i would use the holodeck for anything like that.

Fun note: How do you version name a female program with a mind of her own? Maybe she doesnt like being named
"Mary 0.55.1b"

FortisVir said:
Well, with the way technology is advancing today, in 20 years we may all be sitting at our chairs with a virtual reality suit on, playing morrowind or half life 5 or whatever......

....while our wives yell at us to stop "fooling around with that virtual prostitute"

Haa in 20 years hopefully we'll have Half Life 3. :LOL:

Farrowlesparrow said:
Hop-efully along with holodecks we would get replicators and renewable power, hence ridding ourselves of the need to earn money.

They still have to work in the Trek universe though, how sucky is that, working and not being paid.

Fenric said:
They still have to work in the Trek universe though, how sucky is that, working and not being paid.

but everything is given to you in the star trek universe. it's a utopia, everyone is at an advanced level of intelligence and everyone can appreciate society and contribute to it, this allows everything to be provided. they have trade, but no currency. kinda sucky i know, but get yer head round it! great i just got paid let's all go down the pub....err, this is the 23rd century, you can get the drinks for free........well where's the fun in that?!

on topic i'd use the holodeck for pretty much anything i could think of. if i were going to meet some friends i would load up some 'bots' and play out the scenario and make a pass at my mate's girlfriend and see how she reacts and stuff like that...but i've said too much. i'd turn the damage off and do crazy stuff, but i'd counter that by doing some combat training with damage turned on. and of course there's the 'things you do with another woman' stuff. i mean come on! the perfect woman! get what you want, talk to her a bit, and when she gets annoying just switch her off! top stuff. women in real life are just too much hassle unless you can find the right one.

one thing i'd like to do is be a soldier in a battle from medieval times. kind of like wanting to replay omaha beach but medieval battle hasn't been glorified for me. i know how bloody and viscious it is and i want to experience that because i think i can dish out a few severed arms too ;)

You could have crazy orgies with women who have 3 breasts! and stuff like that, woohoo :)

Isnt trade without money a step backwards? I means eriously having some sort of common means of trade such as money makes it so much easier. If the entire galaxy had a single currency it would probably work better, although different planetary economies might mess it up for others.

To be honest, i would much prefer the star trek universe with money, becasue they way it was made at first couldnt work and they realised that but their boats were already sunk so they had to make the best they could. They kinda reintroduced money in DS9 which added something a little less "utopian".....They were all commies anyway.

Returning to the holodecks, the applications are amazing and some of the cooler things were only realised in a couple of episodes of voyager where an alien race used the holodecks for war games and then in DS9 where they used them to play role playing games, war games and....other things :D

I don't think we'll be seeing 'holodecks' for like atleast osme hundred years, but, I would still want a real woman.:p

awww.....
[anoying girl from charlie and the chocolate factory] I WANT IT NOOOWWWWWW [/anoying girl from charlie and the chocolate factory]

Back