What is a RC?

wako

Reaction score
I know its release candidate, however, what the hell is the big deal? From the word itself it just sounds like its simply a planning of when to release the game. So again I ask, what the hell is the big deal with RC? Do I simply just misunderstand the meaning of it?

This didn't need a new thread, just search next time.

RC is release candidate. It's a copy of the game the developers think are ready for publishing.

It's the CDs that are actually going to be copied. Vivendi checks it, and if they pass their test it's declared Gold and goes off to duplication.

What it means is the game is finished, bar those tests and any fixes they have to make.

What it means is the game is finished, bar those tests and any fixes they have to make.

that's if it need's any fix's to become shelf worthy, or it's so minor that all it need's is a patch on release.

ofcourse its gonna need a patch on release lol..... EVERYTHING for the PC needs a patch on release. tbh... the RC stage is a bit.. ya know :flame: worthy. At the end of the day, it wont work on someones computer...and they'll moan...that it didnt get "picked" up in the RC stage. lol...i mean cmon... RC cant be all that great, i jsut got Second Sight for the xbox, and yes i know Rc is for compatibility...but maybe they test gameplay too...ive noticed some SERIOUS clipping issues lol, almost like in CS where people can half dissapaear in to a wall :afro:

DavE0r said:
almost like in CS where people can half dissapaear in to a wall :afro:

which was fortunately corrected in cs:s :bounce:

yer....i can remeber when it wasnt..i think at the start of the BETA, on the first pre-patched thingy.....i THINK!!! i saw a hand in a wall...lol but hey!! RAGDOLL!! all i have to say :naughty:

lol ur so negitive, u should be hopin its goin to pass the testin and go gold :p :p

Back