What Is HL:S?

"HL:S" is "Half-Life: Source" and that is the first part of Half-Life ported on the source engine of VALVe.

Valve is taking Half-Life 1 (along with the official expansions and the popular mods) and giving it Half-Life 2's physics, lighting and all the other stuff that's in the source engine.

They might even update stuff like textures and models too, if we're lucky.

Oh really, i didnt know about this. When are they gonna start remaking it into source engine?

-TaNaKa- said:
Oh really, i didnt know about this. When are they gonna start remaking it into source engine?
As far as we know, they could be done already. They've released a few shots to magazines.

Wow. I haven't seen any magazine shots? The only proof I knew about it was when I e-mailed asking about Half Life on the HL2 engine, and they said "It's under control" or something like that.

Or is this the reason you made this sub-forum? Because there is new media?

well thats a bit stupid! why? copyright lol, you can just walk into any newsagents and look at mags without paying for them, why cant someone just post a ss here?

There are a few screenshots of CS:S, Counter strike for the source engine on the net. I haven't seen any shots of HL:S yet though.

oooohh so its the original Half life done over with the Source engine. sounds cool

PC Powerplay were also the first to review doom3 in the world (or maybe it was PC Gamer).

:eek:YES ARGH WICKED!!! this is the first i've heard of this ahhh pleasure overload!!! :rolling: woowee this is wicked i would kiss vavle if it was a hot babe :naughty: and not lots of people. :dozey:

Theres already a video out of a guy using the cross bow, that thing puts a new aspect to the game, the cross bow actually pins people to the wall, its funny =P just ask and Ill link to the torrent.

So does this all mean that with the release of HL2, we get HL2, HL:S, CS:S, DoD:S, TF:S, etc.!?

Well i think, we will only get HL2, HL:S, and CS:S and you will have to download the other stuff.

Kick ass!

I thought CS:S, and DoD:S were CS:2 and DoD:2. Will those be free as well?

so you posted a link to the torrent but then you realised it doesnt work? am i correct? can we have one that does please i really want to see this vid :D

No, it was taken out, along with my post :( , because it is material from the stolen HL2 source leak. Well my post was just a description of what you saw in the video. Don't worry about it. It isn't worth downloading.

Looks quite crappy, but maybe the source engine will bring something nice to it.

Those aren't official screens. Those were of the stolen port of HL1 for HL2.

found this shot floating around the net

hls.jpg

Sweet, thanks for posting that. That's an enlarged version of the picture from my scan of PCPP, so now you don't have to PM me anymore.

The above pic is the only HL:S pic in PCPP, and to the best of my knowledge the others posted are from the leak.

ATTENTION! THOSE SCREENSHOTS ON PAGE 2 ARE FAKE. IT'S A PROJECT BY SOMEONE WHO ATTEMPTED TO MAKE HL LOOK LIKE HL : S !

THE ONLY REAL HL : S PIC IS THE ONE A FEW POSTS MINE ON PAGE 3 (post by MuadDib).

Back