What is left To see?

songwriter

Reaction score
I know Gabe has said we still see surprises, that they are holding things back from Trailers.

I know none of us have played the game and cant answer this fully.

But from clues, emails etc, There isnt many other characters,vechiles and weapons left to see.

Will the rest of the game feel familar because of the E3 Clips.

I can think of a few things we have bene told about but not seen.

Dog, few eniemes, plot...etc

Anyone else worried abit?
Anymore thing we have to look forward to?

We have lots of new stuff to see.. The point of keeping a secret is to not reveal what you are hiding.. Valve is pretty good at that..

Yes, I'm a bit worried, but i do belive that there is many weapons, aliens, characters that we have not seen. And there is so much that we don't know about the HL2-world. But, yeah, I'm afraid that sometimes we know which path we shall choose etc.

Uhh.. we've seen, what? The beginning of the game, and a few clips from different areas?

You're telling me you think there's about 8 guns in HL2, a total of 2 hours of gameplay, and maybe 5 main characters? lol

We really havent seen anything of the game. We saw small little clips and thats nothing 2 the game. Remember the game is suppose 2 be 40 hours so they say, we have seen like 20 mins of the game? There is a lot of stuff 2 see still and valve probaly has some stuff up their sleeve 2 keep as a surprise 2 the gamers.

For one, we've only seen like 25 minutes worth of half-life 2 gameplay.. well including last years E3 it would be like 50 minutes of game time. yeah, um, theres still a whole $hit load to see. And i know there are alot more weapons, remember in the e3 2004 gameplay video where they were by that bank or whatever fighting off the striders, well there is a rebel holding a machine gun with a plate gaurd on it. I don't know if anybody else noticed that.

And i don't possibly think you know all the pieces to the puzzle. So yeah, your just getting bored of the videos. Don't worry, when the game comes out. You will piss your pants all over again.

I agree. There is so much we haven't seen yet... Just wait, I'm sure before soon there will be more info spilling out like there is for Doom3 right now...

songwriter said:
I know Gabe has said we still see surprises, that they are holding things back from Trailers.

But from clues, emails etc, There isnt many other characters,vechiles and weapons left to see.

Will the rest of the game feel familar because of the E3 Clips.

I can think of a few things we have bene told about but not seen.

Dog, few eniemes, plot...etc

Anyone else worried abit?
Anymore thing we have to look forward to?

how do you know that there isnt many new wepons or charicters? maybe they are keeping 1000 more wepons and throwng in 20 new charicters we dotn know

sHm0zY said:
how do you know that there isnt many new wepons or charicters? maybe they are keeping 1000 more wepons and throwng in 20 new charicters we dotn know

I know that there won't be 1000 new weapons, that I can guarantee you..

Did anyone actually read my first post?

We have seen all of the character's whose names and vox talent with we given.
We have seen ALOT of weapons.

I TRY to get a discussoin going about what we have to look forward to and people are ass's about it.

I didn't see anyone being an "ass about it," as you put it.

Besides, ever consider they've only released the voice actors for the characters they've shown us? :O

And we really haven't seen that many weapons..

I'm sure there'll be more than 2 vehicles you can use, more guns than the shotgun, pistol, machine gun, 'flare' gun, more scenarios than a prison, a small part of a city, a coastline, a dried out seadbed and a few more enemies than combine soldiers, roller mines, head crabs, ant-lions and zombies...WON'T THERE? OH NOES! TELL ME IT'S NOT TRUE THAT'S ALL THERE IS!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

It's Friday. I apologise.

thats no excuse czrsink, wear this in shame :p

-------/\-----
------/...\-----
-----/..D..\----
----/.........\----

songwriter said:
Did anyone actually read my first post?

We have seen all of the character's whose names and vox talent with we given.
We have seen ALOT of weapons.

I TRY to get a discussoin going about what we have to look forward to and people are ass's about it.

It's always the same here - some of these puddin's drink to much coffee!! What can I say???

I think we've seen a a great big chunk of the game - and its probably been cut for content to ship it earlier (seeing as valve can't organise a p**s up in a brewery)

Now, with a working dunce cap!

****/\
***/*..\
**/**.* \
*/.Dunce.\
/________\

Edit: MINE'S STILL BETTER!

What is left to see?

THE GOD DAM GAME RELEASED!!!

obiwanquinobi said:
It's always the same here - some of these puddin's drink to much coffee!! What can I say???

I think we've seen a a great big chunk of the game - and its probably been cut for content to ship it earlier (seeing as valve can't organise a p**s up in a brewery)

Yep. 50 or so minutes of footage is a HUGE chunk of the game.
Get ready for a short one, folks. :)

Shuzer said:
Besides, ever consider they've only released the voice actors for the characters they've shown us? :O..

That is exactly what I am saying!!

Has Valve held enough from us to stop the game from being too familiar.

I saw 3 mins of Far Cry action but there was alot of times whilst playing the game, I thought "...oh yeah I remember..."

i have playn the end of the game, and trust me, you have much more to see :)

-merc

merc said:
i have playn the end of the game, and trust me, you have much more to see :)

-merc

Damn you taunting us...

I soo want this game sometimes this millenia!

Shuzer said:
Yep. 50 or so minutes of footage is a HUGE chunk of the game.
Get ready for a short one, folks. :)

Put it into context:

If you consider that the average player will take at least 5-6 (just an estimate) times longer to complete partial scenes and locations that we've already seen, thats quite a lot of gameplay time (seeeing as it was a Valve employee playing the demos - they already know what to do) we have not yet seen a full level completed though, and im guessing by looking at the draw distances, that they wont be that huge either.

I just think that, in order to keep us lot happy they might have shown us too much - thats not such a stupid statement if you think about it in the context I state above.

And why shouldnt it be a short game? Valve is an expert at extracting the last drops out of any franchise cash cow. Jeez they only have a couple of games under their developement belts and they are revered as gods :hmph:

They are totally unproven as a developer and it looks like organisation and discipline are concepts they are not yet familiar with.

All conjecture as detail...Still 'vapourware' as far as I'm concerned!

Thought I would point some things out. :)

We have heard... A long LONG time ago of the following locations which we have not seen in videos yet.

A ship.
The combine citidel.
Underground caves (I am taking this from the source engine documentation where we see an antlion in a cave.)

Also, we have seen the rooftops in the source HDR demo. That might be part of the game.

We have barely seen anything in the tunnels

We have only seen a very short clip of the start of the graveyards

Only seen a short clip of ravenhome (Or whatever it was called)

Plus I am sure there is more if anyone else can be bothered. :p

We haven't seen what happens when Gordon first meets a friendly, or how anyone recognizes him and who. It was a bit of a shame that they showed Eli in the lab when gordon arrived.

obiwanquinobi said:
Put it into context:

If you consider that the average player will take at least 5-6 (just an estimate) times longer to complete partial scenes and locations that we've already seen, thats quite a lot of gameplay time (seeeing as it was a Valve employee playing the demos - they already know what to do) we have not yet seen a full level completed though, and im guessing by looking at the draw distances, that they wont be that huge either.

I just think that, in order to keep us lot happy they might have shown us too much - thats not such a stupid statement if you think about it in the context I state above.

And why shouldnt it be a short game? Valve is an expert at extracting the last drops out of any franchise cash cow. Jeez they only have a couple of games under their developement belts and they are revered as gods :hmph:

They are totally unproven as a developer and it looks like organisation and discipline are concepts they are not yet familiar with.

All conjecture as detail...Still 'vapourware' as far as I'm concerned!

Actually, VALVe's made one game thus far.
/me flees

marksmanHL2 :) said:
Thought I would point some things out. :)

We have heard... A long LONG time ago of the following locations which we have not seen in videos yet.

A ship.
The combine citidel.
Underground caves (I am taking this from the source engine documentation where we see an antlion in a cave.)

Also, we have seen the rooftops in the source HDR demo. That might be part of the game.

We have barely seen anything in the tunnels

We have only seen a very short clip of the start of the graveyards

Only seen a short clip of ravenhome (Or whatever it was called)

Plus I am sure there is more if anyone else can be bothered. :p

Thanks mate for keeping in with what i was trying to discuss.

......../\
....../....\
..../........\
../.triangle.\
/__________\

now stfu.

Yes I am sort of worried myself but valve is known to pull off some pretty wicked stuff...

even so, i'll be playing CS:S for a while no doubt about it.

Why would you be worried? We've only been shown a SMALL fraction of the game. And no, we haven't seen around 50 minutes of Gameplay, cause remember a huge chunk of that was tech demo maps made specifically to show the game off. So overall we've probably seen a total of 30 minutes real gameplay time.

Dsty2001 said:
Why would you be worried? We've only been shown a SMALL fraction of the game. And no, we haven't seen around 50 minutes of Gameplay, cause remember a huge chunk of that was tech demo maps made specifically to show the game off. So overall we've probably seen a total of 30 minutes real gameplay time.

ahem... from what i've experienced from... the you know what...

To be honest, im still a bit worried...

in my opinion we dont know almost nothing
storyline: very few
enemye's: 10 or few more and Vlave say that will be 50 right?
weapons: maybe in that we know much
locations: city17, coastline tunnels blablablabla...in my opinion city will be a huge places whit diferents locations

Joeyslucky22 said:
ahem... from what i've experienced from... the you know what...

To be honest, im still a bit worried...

I don't see how that couldn't reassure you that the game will be much longer than you expect..

I don't see any cause for worry.
We've only seen about a third of the total enemies so far. :)

I bet we still do have a lot to see. HL2 MP, weapons (a few), vehicles, enemies, and i bet a few more friendly NPCs. I also wonder how much time they have put into TF2 and if they are really working on it that hard to make it explode with the community.

The demos comprise maybe 18 minutes total of game footage. That's 18 minutes out of a 30 to 40 hour game. Don't worry. There are plenty of surprises left.

Weren't the maps shown at E3 for E3 use only? If so, we haven't seen many maps from the real game yet.(except for the train one in the beginning)

Six Three said:
The point of keeping a secret is to not reveal what you are hiding.. Valve is pretty good at that..

Yeah, the leak proved that :p

Back