What is so hard about getting guns correct in CS?

Maybe they were trying to confuse the children into not knowing the correct info about guns, in order to prevent them from hurting themselves. :)

No-one who thinks a 'deagle' is the full name of a weapon should be allowed to use one.

Don't think so. It's only changing some letters in a config file somewhere. If it did, you could reinstall and plead to Valve...

I don't see how its any different than changing your ingame font or models.

Chris_D said:
What on earth gave you the idea CS was supposed to be realistic?

Taken from the Counter-Strike Website:

"Counter-Strike is the #1 online action game in the world. Engage in a realistic brand of counter-terrorist warfare in this popular team-based game. Take out enemy sites. Rescue hostages. Your role affects your team's success. Your team's success affects your role."

As I already said, I think its realistic enough. Anymore will kill the community...

Well this thread is going no where....They already said there gonna keep the feel and the weapons of CS the same (even tho I wish the shield was taken out).Weapon names and the way there held are gonna be the same also.Even if they do change the names....everyones gonna keep calling them by there nicks (deagle and awp).The cs community doesn't like change and if you change the game to the point to where it feels or looks weird, then everything is gonna go to hell.

Honestly I have no problem with the models, only some of the reloading animations look lame, I mean, with one of the sniper rifles your hands just pull out the magazine move it down a lil than shove it back in. Its probly alot easier to get custom models than get valve to change them, there are some very good ones around.

Flamin-h said:
Honestly I have no problem with the models, only some of the reloading animations look lame, I mean, with one of the sniper rifles your hands just pull out the magazine move it down a lil than shove it back in. Its probly alot easier to get custom models than get valve to change them, there are some very good ones around.

Yep that's true, check out these player models for instance:

It's easy Bear, just like before Steam: place any custom models you want in your Steam\SteamApps\accountname\counter-strike\cstrike\models folder. If you want player models goto Steam\SteamApps\accountname\counter-strike\cstrike\models\player and create a folder for each model, the names should be:

-sas\sas.mdl
-gign\gign.mdl
-gsg9\gsg9.mdl
-urban\urban.mdl
-leet\leet.mdl
-terror\terror.mdl
-arctic\arctic.mdl
-guerilla\guerilla.mdl

And remember for weapons like pistols and the knife you'll need another folder to place those p_shield_xxx.mdl and v_shield_xxx.mdl files:

Steam\SteamApps\accountname\counter-strike\cstrike\models\shield

To remove the custom skins and go back to defaults just delete the files you added.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I found a great site on firearms. Their page on the Sig P229 is here.

Daegon said:
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I found a great site on firearms. Their page on the Sig P229 is here.
That's a great site for info on firearms. My next sig will be a P229, but I'm waiting for them to release the all stainless version (both frame and slide) here in the U.S. I like the added weight for quicker followup shots since the increased weight reduces muzzle flip. It does however make the gun unreasonably heavy for concealed carry. That's wear my p239 come's on though :thumbs: . I feel more than confident going out with my p239 in a milt sparks IWB holster with 7+1 rds of .357 sig and one back up mag. Oh wait I'm in the gaming forums right now. I'm probably going to be labled as a whacko gun nut now :rolling:. Oh well. Before I get flamed, I have a ccw permit so it is legal.

SIGbastard said:
That's wear my p239 come's on though :thumbs:
Meant to say:
"That's where my p239 come's in though"
Why is editing only available for short periods of time??

SIGbastard said:
Meant to say:
Damnit!! I mean comes in!!!
I'm a retard whenever I sit down at a keyboard!!!

Why can't they make it realistic when you get shot.

One bullet to the stomach and you just roll around in pain on the ground.

Then on maps like dust, add a thrist meter, if you dont drink water then you die.

But that wouldn't be realistic without a bladder meter... you best duck behind a box and take a leak before getting in a gun fight or you will wet your pants.

What good is a soldier who doesn't properly tie his shoe? We should all get dressed at the begining of the round. Start out butt naked. Make it more realistic. Start off in bed, get dressed and drive to work (about 30 minute drive) then you get in a plane and fly to the map (de_dust) should be about a 7-8 hour flight. Then you have 15 minutes to play the round. Sounds like fun!

Then you should have to clean your guns at the begining of each round.

SIGbastard said:
Meant to say:
People often abuse it to edit out comments that moderators have put into people's posts. They also use it to make people look stupid. If you make mistakes it isn't necessary to correct yourself numerous times, I knew exactly what you meant reading your first message anyway. You only need to worry about how many mistakes you make if you do them on a constant basis. If you've already got a reputation of being quite good at spelling and grammar then it'll be easy to see you've made a simple mistake,.

naw when you get shot in CS you should have a couple hundred watts jolt through your pants.
thats realism for you
the wetting your pants part is up to you.

Meh, said it once, said it three-hundred and fourteen times, CS isn't a realistic game.

Time to live with daft firearm allocation alongside unrealistic damage and even less likely scenarios (although, I'm sorry to tell all the whiners, that "camping" would happen in a real counter-terrorism situation; some sieges last weeks).

I'm just hoping that HL2, likely as it is to prompt CS clones, nurtures slightly more bearable variations.

My avatar shouldn't scare you, it should mock you!!

I'm changing it now :D

SIGbastard said:
I know probably nobody cares but to me this is highly annoying. A Sig Sauer P228 for instance is only available in 9mm, not in .357 sig as in CS. It has a stamped carbon steel slide and can't withstand the high pressure of a .357sig (or .40s&w) cartrige (p226's p229's, and p239's can be chambered in .357sig). A galil (defender) is chambered in 5.56mm (same as m4) and not .308 and it takes 30rd mags, furthermore a 35rd .308 mag would be absolutely ****ing ridiculously heavy and awkward (both M1a's and Fal's are .308 and they take 20rd mags). The m4a2 is wrongly labled as an m4a1. The most obvious indication is the forward assist located on the right side of the rifle. I'm sure there are more. I guess I'm just a gun nut (have a large collection and go shooting at least twice a month) so I notice these things. Anyways, I'm done ranting now.

It's counter-strike, not a game meant for realism. Why don't you try playing with left handed models, like how it was originally done in CS betas, so the ejection port, forward assist knob, and any other little detail is on the right side of the M4, as well as any other rifle/pistol.

I own many, many firearms, and I shoot probably 400 rounds every weekend, and CS doesn't bother me one bit. In fact, the unrealistic nature of the game is what first brought me to like it, when you could bunnyhop around and shoot rifles accurately in the air.

If you want a realistic game I suggest you go play rainbox six, and stop bitching about the very minor technical faults of the game.

nhoJ said:
If you want a realistic game I suggest you go play rainbox six, and stop bitching about the very minor technical faults of the game.
:rolleyes:
You obviously don't know how to read very well. I've said several times that I don't want a completely realistic version of CS. I only shared my opinion that I think they should have more accurate specs for the guns (in the "buy" menu) as it would take minimal effort. I suggest you pull your head out of where it is shoved so deeply so maybe next time you can read better.

I'm all with SIGbastard on this one... Not that it matters a lot though!

Anyway, I can't see why everyone keeps flaming him with the all too abused "It's a game" comment. Even though it's a game, why on earth would they get the caliber wrong? You all would be protesting if a game had a rocket launcher which loaded regular bullets and fired rockets wouldn't you? It's practically the same thing! ;)

SIGbastard said:
I know probably nobody cares but to me this is highly annoying. A Sig Sauer P228 for instance is only available in 9mm, not in .357 sig as in CS. It has a stamped carbon steel slide and can't withstand the high pressure of a .357sig (or .40s&w) cartrige (p226's p229's, and p239's can be chambered in .357sig). A galil (defender) is chambered in 5.56mm (same as m4) and not .308 and it takes 30rd mags, furthermore a 35rd .308 mag would be absolutely ****ing ridiculously heavy and awkward (both M1a's and Fal's are .308 and they take 20rd mags). The m4a2 is wrongly labled as an m4a1. The most obvious indication is the forward assist located on the right side of the rifle. I'm sure there are more. I guess I'm just a gun nut (have a large collection and go shooting at least twice a month) so I notice these things. Anyways, I'm done ranting now.

Ah, finally a kindrid spirit. I too am a gun nut. It does bother me to some exent that they don't bother to know how the actual guns work and the properties of them when making a game based around shooting guns. Lots of games make screw ups about how to do guns right. The only game where everything is done properly and models are made incredibly accurate is america's army. because it was sponsored and overseen by the army. It was funny back in the day in CS where you'd PULL on the forward assist during reload.

nhoJ said:
It's counter-strike, not a game meant for realism. Why don't you try playing with left handed models, like how it was originally done in CS betas, so the ejection port, forward assist knob, and any other little detail is on the right side of the M4, as well as any other rifle/pistol.

I own many, many firearms, and I shoot probably 400 rounds every weekend, and CS doesn't bother me one bit. In fact, the unrealistic nature of the game is what first brought me to like it, when you could bunnyhop around and shoot rifles accurately in the air.

what bothered me about the left handed cs was that sure, the ports were on the right side, but all the levers weren't. he and others like him aren't "bitching" they are simply stating things they'd like to see in game? would you NOT like it if the guns were at least modeled adn operated properly even if you don't care if the aren't now? Wanting newer and better things in games is what drives them to make them. You don't complain about people wanting the source physics engine just because the origional half-life game with its old graphics was fun do you? Its those little things that people look for or want to see that can make them enjoy the games that much more, there's nothing wrong with wanting that.

check out Ravenshield for your realism needs, or Metal Gear series (both have used millitary consultants)

Look, the guns are copyrighted. They can't have the correct names or descriptions (not sure?).

The Thing said:
Look, the guns are copyrighted. They can't have the correct names or descriptions (not sure?).

Well said (if you're correct :| )

The Thing said:
yep the names and details were only changed AFTER CS went retail, they used to be named and detailed correctly... now they have silly names etc.

I wonder how hard it would be to change the text in the gui by the end user, because the official mod never will.

I understand the names being different, but do the details really have to be different?? Seems the details aren't wrong on all of the guns unless by details you mean something other than what I'm thinking.

SIGbastard said:
I know probably nobody cares but to me this is highly annoying. A Sig Sauer P228 for instance is only available in 9mm, not in .357 sig as in CS. It has a stamped carbon steel slide and can't withstand the high pressure of a .357sig (or .40s&w) cartrige (p226's p229's, and p239's can be chambered in .357sig). A galil (defender) is chambered in 5.56mm (same as m4) and not .308 ......(SNIP)
Actually, according to Jane's Guns Recognition Guide, the IMI Galil is produced in 7.62 x 51mm, which is also known as .308 Winchester. It's just "not as popular" as the 5.56mm version.

CS Realstic HA !!
Firing M16 while jumping
If you want a Realstic Game Play DoD

Back