What is the dumbest purchase you've ever made?

$900 Engagement ring...

Consider yourself fortunate. Somewhere between bailing my ex out of jail, her brother destroying the truck I let her borrow, and her dad stealing my credit card, and a few other things, I only lost a "few" thousand dollars. :facepalm: (We need that emoticon) I'm just glad I figured out about all this stuff now, rather than later. It's strange how the perfect girl can transform into a completely different person.

Whatever, it's in the past, single ROCKS! :cheers:

The 300 soundtrack, for $15. Such an impulsive buy. When I saw it, I thought, "**** yeah!"

As I walked out of the store I realized I could have just downloaded it for free.

I thought, gee, it sounds pretty online, maybe this one will be just as good and I can play it and be the coolest gal who plays a bloody OCARINA. Turns out it sucked.

I thought, gee, it sounds pretty online, maybe this one will be just as good and I can play it and be the coolest gal who plays a bloody OCARINA. Turns out it sucked.

jewish mouth harp FTW! , theres nothing like a gal that can flick a good mouth harp.

$60-70 pair of Timberland shoes that I later regret and hated about a month after purchase. Something in me just 'clicked' and I realized that it looks shitty, ugh.

Also $80-90 worth of Children's and Babies music DVDs / CDs for my ex-. She had a nephew she loved but she later most of the DVDs / CDs were not the type she wanted... and I broke up with her about a month after buying her said items.

Oh and maybe a Sony PDA I bought when I was in, 6th grade. I never used the damn thing and only reason why I bought one was because a friend of mine had one and being the young dumbass I was, I wanted one as well simply because it was 'cool'.

Vietcong 2, Guitar Hero 2, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Breakthrough (Spearhead was where it should have stopped), Halo 1 and 2, Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield (not a bad game by any means, I just couldn't get into it.)

Other than that, I think I can stand by most of my purchases.

It's got to be the 600 quid I spent on a service, racing air filter+exhaust system, improved windshield, ECU fuelling remap, new mirrors, improved front brakes, new front fairing and suspension tweakage on my bike, plus a black visor and heavily armoured racing gloves.
It all went sliding down the road into a tree at don't-even-bother-trying-to-sell-it speed only two hours later. What a waste. The only consolation is that my new gloves saved me from a broken wrist. :LOL:

Consider yourself fortunate. Somewhere between bailing my ex out of jail, her brother destroying the truck I let her borrow, and her dad stealing my credit card, and a few other things, I only lost a "few" thousand dollars. :facepalm: (We need that emoticon) I'm just glad I figured out about all this stuff now, rather than later. It's strange how the perfect girl can transform into a completely different person.

Whatever, it's in the past, single ROCKS! :cheers:

Mine was a cheating whore. So yeah I'm glad I found out before hand.

Can't think of anything recently.

My friend bought a fleshlight, though. It's not dumb, it's just... kinda sad.

How about you?

Whats the point in a fleshlight?? Why cant men just save cash and use your ****ing hands like everyone else?

The 300 soundtrack, for $15. Such an impulsive buy. When I saw it, I thought, "**** yeah!"

As I walked out of the store I realized I could have just downloaded it for free.

I have to say that is pretty stupid. why would anybody buy that shit?

A blonde wig. ?150.

I never want to dye my hair blonde, and I tried it on in Selfridges, to find that it looked really natural. I had a ridiculous amount of money at the time from a hospital settlement (Wewt doctor's mistakes) so I bought it.

I've worn it a few times. Not out.

A blonde wig. ?150.

I never want to dye my hair blonde, and I tried it on in Selfridges, to find that it looked really natural. I had a ridiculous amount of money at the time from a hospital settlement (Wewt doctor's mistakes) so I bought it.

Best purchase ever.

Hey hey, I'm brunette and damn proud of it.

Blatantly hotter than most blondes. Brunettes, that is. Not me.

2 grams of what was suppoed to be ketamine. After me and my mates snorted some lines, we discovered it was just washing up powder.

A blonde wig. ?150.

I am demanding pics of Blonde Phobie.

Red Steel.

It was ?15 used and I still regret it. Although I sold it on ebay for ?20 :)

I bought Night of The Living Dead REMAKE for 20$ at FYI........

Ouch!

I bought about 50 pounds worth of Steven Seagal films in one day (inc a few others which took the grand total to around 70 pounds). I scored 8 Steve's in total that day.

I felt a bit dumb at the checkout, as most of his newish one's are just plain bad. Still, i don't regret it. I'm going to score every one. I'm about 4 or 5 off the complete Seagal collection. :sniper:

Back