What Map Would You Want in The CS:S BETA?

Which Map in CS:S BETA?

• de_dust

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • de_dust2

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • de_aztec

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • de_inferno

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • de_cobble

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • other

Votes: 17 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Farfege

Reaction score
I don't want de_dust. That map is too one-sided in favor of CTs. What map do you guys want in the beta?

Out of those five, cobble .. maybe Dust 2, i noticed they havnt remade ALL of the CS classic maps yet :S i hope they remake train, its one of my favs.

For God's sake why not Dust2? They did that map for the Korean Source showing. They are too lucky. Dust, wow. I guess its rushing the underpass for hours and hours cause I know I'll still play the damn thing till my comp breaks :)

Why do you have all de_* maps in the poll?

If I had to choose just one map it would be cs_office without question.

Cliffe said they had already remade cs_office! great news, i love that map.

de_dust2; it's so classic and one of the more fun maps out there that stategy can be added to well.

cs_militia. Love that map, both the original and the _cz versions.

If strictly tied to the poll options then probably de_inferno.

inferno.. I could play inferno until the cows come home!

So I guess we all agree that Dust was one of the worst choices out of the major offical maps that VALVe could have picked to do the BETA. But I just remembered my first CS moment. Where I thought the graphics were horrible and I just wasted $30 on a game that all my friends thought was the greatest FPS of all time. This moment was on the map Dust. I guess we'll have to live with it. I'm going to bed, see you all on the BETA. I'll be the guy rushing underpass every round, trying to get a headshot through the stone on people camping with an awp, the dust shards flicking off as the bullets hit the wall, the dust stir as I take that final step before certain death if you are on Terrorist on that map, and the cool breeze blowing through the palm trees, above all the fraging madness...It will be bliss...

I would definitely prefer dust2 over dust, but if I had my own choice, I'd play something cool-looking like de_chateau or, now that I think of it, cs_backalley. What a hawt map.

I wonder if mappers will make custom maps during the beta period, although they won't be high quality maps since we dont' expect the beta to last very though.

I'd have prefered cs_office since it's the badgers nadgers in my opinion. But really I couldn't care less, I'm just happy to get a taster of something I've been waiting for, for what seems an eternity...

On a side note de_dust is NOT the most one sided map of all time, it's just that on most pubs people play it all wrong and wuss out- Ts constantly camping instead of rushing like they're supposed to do, and CTs never guarding A. It should have really good gameplay it's just a shame I always end up playing alongside a bunch retards who don't understand how to play it :( I'm going to shut up now before I start ranting. Huh, whats that? Oh I already am, am I :hmph:

Anyway what better way to see if the gameplay has changed at all, than by playing the "most one sided map of all time" LOL

smsKONG said:
Anyway what better way to see if the gameplay has changed at all, than by playing the "most one sided map of all time" LOL

Hmm that would be assault without a doubt.

cobble, im not in the beta, and according to that poll, noone likes it :rolleyes:

the white stripes - 7 nation army

WhiteZero said:
cs_assault

Always been my favorite, and best map.

Maybe because you stay on Terro?

I'm not much of a fan of assault, considering the fact that its so Terrorist balanced.

I figured out the spots that made assault so un-balanced, and made my own rendition of assault. de_assault. CTs are inside, and Ts are outside, and they have to plant the bomb where the hosties normally are...

I think I'd like to see dust2...or aztec..

the CZ version of assault isn't so bad if you guys rush. And about the dust one sided thing. Sounds like it might work if everyone rushes like you say, but Christ half the people stand there in the hallway and hope that CTs don't see them. Out of the 100 + times I've played that map, Ts have won like 15 times. Not fun.

CB | Para said:
Hmm that would be assault without a doubt.

Yeah thats what I would have said (farfege said it was dust). I think assault should be scrapped and burned personally, then replaced with assault_upc cos its much better balanced IMO.
Farfege next time you play dust get the Ts to rush the corridor and not stop till they come out into the open air, CTs have trouble dealing with that, they're not usually prepared well enuf on pubs (keep doing it and watch the CTs camp their spawn- usually exploiting the holes in the top of the map at the back! The spineless gits!!)

Yeah, I will as long as the rest of my team doesn't stop in the hall wall to play hop stotch with themselves. assault_upc is great. I forgot about that map. I hope to see some of you on T when the beta comes out so I have some people on T with balls. :cheers:

Well I'll definitely be playing.....Looking forward to dying with you in the first few seconds so we can watch the rest of the Ts cower behind each other:)

Lep said:
I wonder if mappers will make custom maps during the beta period, although they won't be high quality maps since we dont' expect the beta to last very though.
very intresting, if anyone did it would be FY_iceworld-CSs maybe? they would have to be quick off the mark ,missing most the beta just to make a map and maybe seeing as its a beta ,it may not be so simple as just adding a new map.Great idea tho. and GRRRRR @ the fact the cs-s beta is prolly 1 map only.i would have thought at least 1 de and 1 cs map ?

Lep said:

Not without the mod tools they won't.

why isnt italy in the list!? No one has even seen inferno yet, u should have italy in, cobble looks bad.

CS estate redone would be really nice, as well as backalley.. man those levels would be cool on the source engine.. also winternights! :p

Personally I would love to see cs_estate being remade, but with some changes, like making the house bigger (to coinside with the source engines capabilities of making larger maps). Think of all the different things you could do with the different furniture in the hoouse, like making baricades in hallways n stuff :p ESTATE RULES

I love inferno. I like having many ways to sneak up on people and it isnt 1 sided at all.

Aztec, it has the water and it's not biased at all - and there's plenty of scope for excellent tactics on both sides.

genocide604 said:
CS estate redone would be really nice, as well as backalley.. man those levels would be cool on the source engine.. also winternights! :p

YES! Someone else sees that BackAlley in Source would be awesome!

I'm telling you, they may have passed it up for a CZ remake, but they MUST do it in Source. They simply must!

I voted for D2 (my favorite map and IMO the best de_ map ever!), but, I also want to see D1 cuz of THIS!!! :) I want to see what cool light effects the Source can make! :D

Back