what month do you think hl2 will be out?

What month will HL2 be released?

• October

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • November

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • December

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • 2004?

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters
i think october. late, early, middle who cares but i do think october, because they have finished the game and all they have to do is the cleaning up, or what ever they delayed it for. and if they work everyday on it, then it will take them a month at least from now so that is around late oct!

If they can delay it now, i don't see why its so certain it'll be out this year....just look at D3

No i'm not being a pessimist here.

I'm just glad i did'nt upgrade my gfx card yet....pheew just saved 400$ (for now)

it is so strange and annoying that valve will tell all of us that it is delayed 6days before release!!??

Also going with November....the week of Thanksgiving perhaps.

It might be fun to be eating turkey and stuffing while playing Half Life at the same time :D

October 17th is what the eb near my house has... i think ill follow that :p

Heres my thoughts, Doom 3 supposedly comes out in early 2004. From that information, I think valve with EITHER release it a good two or three months ahead *avoid a clash in sales*, OR they will release it further into 2004. Seing as how the game was originally slated for the 09/30 release date, im guessing Mid October - Mid November. Either way, this will give ATI time to release the 9800 XT and perhaps just enough time for the 9800 Pro to drop in price. For me, this is good because I plan to buy either one of those cards. I wonder what will happen with the 9800XT now. Still slated for the 9/30 release date?

Im also wondering if they will even further the hype by releasing a demo. Might be a bad idea before game release but who knows.
*Crosses fingers*

I would say this year, as long as the game does not include any bugs in its code.

could some US people with their wacky holidays plz give some thoughts on what "holidays" it is Valve is talking about? do they mean the christmas holidays!!? sure as hell hope not!

The holiday season could be anything between Yom Kippur (October 6th this year) and New Year's day...

I'm hoping someone at Valve is Jewish...

Originally posted by OCybrManO
The holiday season could be anything between Yom Kippur (October 6th this year) and New Year's day...

I'm hoping someone at Valve is Jewish...

lol me too if we get the game earlier than christmas...

November seems most likely, as that is what shops have been reporting for the last couple of weeks.

Back