What old creatures will return?

Animal

Reaction score
Well, we definitely know the alien slaves and headcrabs will return, along with the headcrab zombies, the limpit thing which sucks you up, and the bullsquid too. Anyone else know what other creatures from the first HL will return.

I wouldn't really consider a helicopter a creature though, so won't bother including that.

There will definitely be more variations of headcrab, and headcrab zombie though.

I didn't know the Bullsquid was back...

I wonder what the new Barnacle will be like. I'm hoping it will be a little more deadly than in HL1.

Crabs
Zombies
Barnicles
Bullsquids
The Icthy-fishy

Hoping for the gargantua

i really want an "assasin" style enemy to return, fighting them was so awesome...

As for as i believe this is whats returnign and whats not:

Aliens returning:

Bullsquid
Barnacle
Headcrabs
Zombies
Ichytsaour
Vortigaunts

Aliens not returning:

Houndeye
Snarks
Grunts
Controllers
Garg
Tentacle

DEATH eVADER said:
Crabs
Zombies
Barnicles
Bullsquids
The Icthy-fishy

Hoping for the gargantua

I think maybe the striders have replaced them as the almost unstoppable enemy.

Whats a Vortigaunt?

I want snarks. I want lots and lots of snarks. I want a slide down a dark tunnel that lands you in a mill filled with hundreds of snarks and a pogostick.

burnzie said:
i really want an "assasin" style enemy to return, fighting them was so awesome...

I think the Prowler might be the foe your looking for... From what i've seen it looks like an assasin.

Animal said:
Are you sure?

The ones that make that high pitched whine?
Yeah them ones, look at the art on the raising the bar book thing, theres some concept art if i remeber rightly of them.

And that link of the bullsquid...spoiler!!!!! arghhhh thats not an official picture surely!

I hear the barnacles are meant to be more stealth. And instead of leaving their tounges hanging down. They actually unravel as you walk under them.
But, that's only what I've heard. =/

something looks really un-natural with that thing in an urban environment....is that screen real?

InnerDemon said:
I hear the barnacles are meant to be more stealth. And instead of leaving their tounges hanging down. They actually unravel as you walk under them.
But, that's only what I've heard. =/

That would be cool. Didn't they do that sometimes in HL1?

Any word on shock troopers anyone know?

Gargs would be nice to see fight a strider...but i dunno if they'd fit in with city17 and all that malarky.

DEATH eVADER said:
Where did you aquire that image if you don't mind me asking?

I think it was in some gallery someone linked to from a different forum. It was a while ago, found it on my computer. It was when I was in HL2 hype mode and was saving almost every screenshot I found.

Looks like stolen build stuff to me.

I haven't heard anything official about the houndeyes, but I hope they return. The variety and behaviours of the aliens was one of the things about HL I found really cool...

iv seen a scan of a page of unused aliens from raiseing the bar

and the
houndeye
was on that page

Hydra!

Attachments

• normal_hydra1.jpg
    normal_hydra1.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 311
junglespider said:
iv seen a scan of a page of unused aliens from raiseing the bar

and the
houndeye
was on that page

im quoteing my self to say the
hydra
was not on the page of unused aliens in the raiseing the bar scan

but maybe thay is more pages about unused aliens

shaggy2039 said:
something looks really un-natural with that thing in an urban environment....is that screen real?

Very true. Videogame character's always look so smooth and clean. That bullsquid looks like it's never seen a fight in it's life. If it was more dirty and had scars and stuff it'd fit in a bit better.

A variation on a Xen alien which is apparently in H-L2..

Sandbarnacle!

alehm said:
I want snarks. I want lots and lots of snarks. I want a slide down a dark tunnel that lands you in a mill filled with hundreds of snarks and a pogostick.

That would be quality, god Snarks were amazing, and cute.

What about the really big blue guy who shot flames out of his hands? That guy was awesome :), hope he comes back.

I liked their whining, or the sound when they died.
What about that annoying underwater creature? I HATE THAT THING! it was so hard for me to kill...
:hmph:

I think maybe the striders have replaced them as the almost unstoppable enemy.
There is a big difference between the gargantua and the striders, you couldn't destroy gargantua with your weapons in HL´1 but the strider( you can see it in a video, not sure which )
can be killed with a lot of rockets and I think it will appear more often ( min. 3 times, watch all videos) than the gargantua in HL.

basic.instinct said:
There is a big difference between the gargantua and the striders, you couldn't destroy gargantua with your weapons in HL´1 but the strider( you can see it in a video, not sure which )
can be killed with a lot of rockets and I think it will appear more often ( min. 3 times, watch all videos) than the gargantua in HL.

erm..you can destroy the gargantua in hl with 13 grenades or something like that. :dork:

Back