What other parts of the forums do you visit?

What forums do you frequent?

• Community

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • Single Player Games

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • Multiplayer Games

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • Valve Software

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Off-Topic Forums

Votes: 50 100.0%
  • Source Editing & Development

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Community Projects

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dog--

The Freeman
Reaction score
When I first came here, I didn't know about General Off-topic, so I stayed purely in Half-Life 2 (back when it wasn't called stupid 'Single Player Games'), I also only had dial-up at the time so I didn't go to multiplayer games or anything.

When I found General Off-Topic (when it was called The Lounge, and this subforum was called General Off-Topic) I just stayed there, I don't go anywhere anymore. Sometimes I go to Community, but not often.

So where do you chill? Where's yo crib, foos?

Everything under the off-topic forums basically.

Off topic mainly, sometimes have a look at multiplayer. I only really go on the SP boards around a new release these days.

I generally use the New Posts button most of the time, though I will jump into, News Games & TV/Films, Art & Design etc to see what's bubbling under. Rarely bother with the Lounge as it's mainly all spam (sorry guys) unless there's an interesting topic in the new posts.

I generally use the New Posts button most of the time, though I will jump into, News Games & TV/Films, Art & Design etc to see what's bubbling under. Rarely bother with the Lounge as it's mainly all spam (sorry guys) unless there's an interesting topic in the new posts.

Can you provide me with a few examples of spam in the Lounge?

Off topic mainly, sometimes have a look at multiplayer. I only really go on the SP boards around a new release these days.

This. Check the News section to see what people are saying about the various Steam updates etc too.

Off topic pretty much exclusively.

There are rare times when I will venture outside of my habitat and harass patrons of other forum sections, whom I have never seen before, and try to steal their food. But other than that, I remain in my enclosure.

Off topic mainly. Image dump is so hilarious. :D

Community for the news, multiplayer games occasionally for the TF2 subforum but off topic mainly.

I keep forgetting about that feature
/slaps himself

Multiplayer and Off-topic.

The stupidity in the Singple-player and Modding sections is worth a visit once every two weeks or so.

Obviously big news necessitates a visit to the Community section.

Off-Topic and Multiplayer Games.

Rest of the forum can F-Off!

Can you provide me with a few examples of spam in the Lounge?

I take it that you don't agree?

If people want to post stream of conciousness 'I'm so bored today' threads, there is a whole world of Twitter out there waiting for them, that they can sign up to and pour forth their verbal musings into, for people who care to read. Personally I could give a stuff.

When people post personal problems/dilemmas that they want genuine feedback on, that's fine and dandy and I'm down with that, as I am if they have something instructive, educational or genuinely funny to share.

Almost exclusively Off Topic, although I venture into the Single- and Multiplayer sections from time to time as well as Community.

Pretty much only Games and Gaming and The lounge.

Off-topic. Or at it used to be called, the lounge. I still don't get that change...

I take a quick glance at the news for any L4D DLC or Episode 3 news, then scroll right on down to Music, then I stop by Films, hit Games up then take a look at the banter in the Left 4 Dead forum. I take a look in The Lounge every now and then but find it pretty boring/spamfest overall, save Sterns funny newslinks and the occasional interesting topic (see: good/bad places that we live in, etc)

Give or take anyway.

EDIT: If I'm in need of a good chuckle I'll voyuer the Help Wanted and Offered forum for the latest in Dark Basement Labatories Productions (or some other generic and seriously unnessecary 'productions' slide at the start of a video/webpage) initial idea in a mazed-based eat 'em up. It'll never sell.

Community, SP and MP and Off-Topic every time I log in (if there are new posts, at least).

Mainly just the off-topic forums... well, news too! I know because I read that one news post about being able to hack your TF2 achievement in, that was a good one! ;)

I also like posting at this time of night when nobody else is on... not even the Europeans! Sometimes I can line up like 10 posts with my name as the last post on the right side... not tonight, though, not tonight.

generally just off topic, but I do check single player once in a while. not much of the others though.

Anything that shimmers in a yellow.

Sometimes I go into the source editing forums too see what crazy mod someone has come up with this week.
Always good for a laugh.

I probably shouldn't have put GoT on the poll, obviously if you're posting in the thread or voting in the poll you visit General Off-Topic.

I use New Posts every time, only rarely if I'm looking for something specific will I click on anything else, and usually then it's the staff forum.

Back