What performance will i get compared to cs:S?

Kitire

Reaction score
Well i just got hl2 bronze a couple weeks ago, have been playing it nonstop, awesome game, and i want to know what performance i will get on DoD:S. I ussually keep everything on low since my gfx card only supports dx7, so the setting don't matter.

CS:S-Ussually 20-25 in firefights, 30-60 reguler or small firefights
HL2- Meh, 20-30 fps and 30-50 reguler, the g gun really lags me though =/...

1.6GHz p4
512sdram
radeon 7500
DSL 1.000mbps

Anyone know if i should spend 20$ on it? Thanks.

I personally get lower framerates in DOD:S than I do CS:S. Then again, I have everything on high, 1024X768. I am averaging about 30 FPS on DOD:S, about 40 on CS:S (everything on high, 1024X768).
I have:
AMD 3000+ Barton
1.5G PC2700
9800XT 256MB ATI

your DSL is fast enough....

i run CSS on all high, 1024x768 no aa or af and i get around 30fps evenly on 20 or so player servers, DOD:S is nearly exactly the same performance wise, and i have HDR on full, textures and models on medium though, (looks the same as high on css imo.)

I'm running

amd xp2600 @ 2.13ghz
512mb ram
radeon 9600 256mb

My computer should run way better in theory, but it doesn't :( anyway. i reckon if you have any spare cash around you should invest in like a radeon 9000 128mb, i had to use one to replace my card a few days ago, and it ran DOD:S VERY well. alot better than i expected. infact. nearly better than my 9600 :p they're pretty cheap on ebay nowadays. go have a gander. that's the cheap option of course.

so you should get about the same FPS in DOD:S as you do in CS:S..........if the HDR is turned off......i have cable so i should be good on the ping

no i mean 9000, i know it sounds stupid. but honestly on dx 8.1 mode it played it nearly as well as my 9600.

On the sticky about "will dod:s run on my computer", the moderator said he said it should perform around the performance of hl2:Dm. I was like "whatever",because those gravity guns, in my opinion, lag A LOT.
(btw, the graphics card is just about the only thing that i can upgrade my computer on, and i can barely upgrade that because i have a 250 watt ps =/)

Back