What really happens... (Please don't take it seriously)

C

Cuddlez.ini

Ok, so first off hello everyone! Been lurking for a while and finally decided to post. I thought for my first post I should make it really provacative. Thus I propose this:

Gordon Freeman is Adrian Shepard.

I know there have been lots of people out there saying "OMOGMOGMGOMG GORDAn = teh GMAN!!!" And I don't believe that. Nor do I really believe that Gordon is Adrian... but for the sake of speculation let's continue:

So you can pretty much follow any theory through Half-Life 2 because it is only after the fall of the Citadel that this theory can hold any water (since it will have no real evidence). Ok, the citadel is destroyed Alex and Freeman fight their way out of the city... Aftermath ends. Cue Half-Life 3: Gordon frees earth from the control of the combine and is then sent to fight the leader of the combine. But he gets captured, not after seriously crippling the combine forces though. Cue Half-Life 4: G-man sends in an Army to finish off the fight that Gordon started (and hopefully save Gordon). The Combine realize that they are screwed and so come up with a plan.

Gordon was the one that managed to do so much damage. So to stop the damage they must stop Gordon. But they tried multiple times and never could until it was too late. So they decide to, basically, re-wire Gordons brain and give him the identity of Adrian Shepard, pump him up with some combine tech... making him not so nerdy. And then they send him back in time to earth to kill himself. The combine never used time travel before and did not realize it was impossible to do this. So thats why when playing OpFor if you run into the portal with Freeman it ends the game and says "Temporal Paradox". Well, crap the combine's plan didn't work and they all die. G-Man at the end of OpFor realizes that this Adrian is actually Gordon (don't know how he knows though). But because of the Combines rewiring G-Man can't let Adrian go, so he sends him somewhere where he can't hurt anyone, and no one can hurt him.

So that's my theory that makes no sense I hope you got a laugh out of it (not that its supposed to be funny either just... erm nm)

Anyway :cheers:

Welcome to the forums, Cuddlez.

By now everyone probably knows my stance on Adrian Shephard, "Gordon is <insert person here>," and time travel theories, but despite that I did find your post interesting. Not interesting as in thought-provoking, just...interesting. Certainly not the average of any of those three types of theories, and it's at least refreshing to see something that isn't rehash of a theory that's been tossed around a billion times since this forum was created.

So at least for originality, and a moderate amount of reasoning, I'll rate your crazy-ass theory a 3 out of 5.

Cuddlez.ini said:
Ok, so first off hello everyone! Been lurking for a while and finally decided to post. I thought for my first post I should make it really provacative. Thus I propose this:

Gordon Freeman is Adrian Shepard.

I know there have been lots of people out there saying "OMOGMOGMGOMG GORDAn = teh GMAN!!!" And I don't believe that. Nor do I really believe that Gordon is Adrian... but for the sake of speculation let's continue:

So you can pretty much follow any theory through Half-Life 2 because it is only after the fall of the Citadel that this theory can hold any water (since it will have no real evidence). Ok, the citadel is destroyed Alex and Freeman fight their way out of the city... Aftermath ends. Cue Half-Life 3: Gordon frees earth from the control of the combine and is then sent to fight the leader of the combine. But he gets captured, not after seriously crippling the combine forces though. Cue Half-Life 4: G-man sends in an Army to finish off the fight that Gordon started (and hopefully save Gordon). The Combine realize that they are screwed and so come up with a plan.

Gordon was the one that managed to do so much damage. So to stop the damage they must stop Gordon. But they tried multiple times and never could until it was too late. So they decide to, basically, re-wire Gordons brain and give him the identity of Adrian Shepard, pump him up with some combine tech... making him not so nerdy. And then they send him back in time to earth to kill himself. The combine never used time travel before and did not realize it was impossible to do this. So thats why when playing OpFor if you run into the portal with Freeman it ends the game and says "Temporal Paradox". Well, crap the combine's plan didn't work and they all die. G-Man at the end of OpFor realizes that this Adrian is actually Gordon (don't know how he knows though). But because of the Combines rewiring G-Man can't let Adrian go, so he sends him somewhere where he can't hurt anyone, and no one can hurt him.

So that's my theory that makes no sense I hope you got a laugh out of it (not that its supposed to be funny either just... erm nm)

Anyway :cheers:

Wow.
That actually makes some decent sense. Wait...Nope. Shepard was in training before the accident, and its impossible for him to just suddenly be in Black Mesa. Shepard just a solidier, who survived.

Just so you all know, I am kind-of Anti-Shepard myself. He worked fine for OpFor but now thats it, let it go. He's not coming back. I just thought the idea of my first post was funny. But hey I have a wierd sense of humor...

Cuddlez.ini said:
Just so you all know, I am kind-of Anti-Shepard myself. He worked fine for OpFor but now thats it, let it go. He's not coming back. I just thought the idea of my first post was funny. But hey I have a wierd sense of humor...

Here, your getting a cookie :thumbs:

Of course Gordon is Adrian, the vortigaunt says you must learn to shepard the antlions.

Back