What score will HL2 receive from Gamespot?

What rating will Gamespot give HL2?

• 9.9-10.0

Votes: 39 19.2%

Votes: 62 30.5%

Votes: 41 20.2%

Votes: 21 10.3%

Votes: 11 5.4%

Votes: 11 5.4%

Votes: 3 1.5%

Votes: 4 2.0%

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 9.0 or lower

Votes: 10 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
KagePrototype said:
9.2 max...

I can't wait to have you proved wrong tomorrow! heh

9.2, geez, you really have low expectations eh? :O

I don't trust Gamespot's reviews AT ALL. They've given some of my all time favorite games scores like 4.0, and the reviews in question bashed the game for not being what the reviewer expected it to be (in one case, a game was bashed for being "serious" when he was expecting another comedic game like the developer's previous titles). Any mag or site that publishes reviews that are so immensly harsh for such shallow and stupid reasons has no credibility in my view.

ima say 9.3 .... liek you said, they cut through the hype

With Gamespots seemingly tough rating system - how the **** did Halo 2 score that high. I guess because FPS on the XBox sucking in general would be a good explaination - Minus Riddick ofcourse.

Afraid they'd lose more fans than gain, I'm sure.

9.9 or 10. You heard it here first. Remember that everyone was saying that there was no way that Edge would give hl2 a 10 and well....

I predict a 9.7. The guy who did the "Final Hours of HL2" was really, really, really excited about the game. 9.7 will top the previous supposed 9.6 Diablo score and will pumble all other reviews.

The GameSpot and IGN reviews will be up in less than 3.5 hours!

As of right now we collectively guessed ~9.7. I wonder how close we are... we will know soon!

Btw, my personal guess of the GS rating was 9.6.

For those who have not voted, you have 3 hours!

Acert93 said:
The GameSpot and IGN reviews will be up in less than 3.5 hours!

As of right now we collectively guessed ~9.7. I wonder how close we are... we will know soon!

Btw, my personal guess of the GS rating was 9.6.

For those who have not voted, you have 3 hours!

So IGN is reviewing the game today too? Where did you hear this? Got a link?

It is on this forum in this section. Someone had some quotes from the IGN mods on the IGN HL2 forum saying it was noon I believe. He also said no online guys got exclusives... Do a quick search on the first two pages and you should see it :)

IGN had this to say:

" I wanted to make this review short and sweet, but it's hard to stop writing, even when excluding facts that could potentially contaminate an exceptionally well thought-out gaming experience. There's just so much to say. Half-Life 2 is, simply put, the best single-player shooter ever released for the PC. It does so many things right in so many ways that it might be possible to write a thesis on the topic of Half-Life 2 compared to other single player shooters. What Valve has created is simply a masterpiece -- a work of art in the genre. Not only does it engage the mind with mysterious happenings, vagaries, and mostly intelligent dialogue, but also captures the senses with a superb visual style made possible by brilliant technology. And once the initial shock of it all wears off and it becomes possible to peel back the polished layers of sight and sound, there is an excellent shooter here. Half-Life 2 doesn't do anything particularly new; it doesn't really innovate in many ways. But what it does is set a new height for all other designers of first-person shooters to reach. It still isn't exactly perfect, but it's about as close as I've seen in my tenure here."

And gave a 9.7.

Still waiting for GS to update...

Hahahaha

4 people had said 9.2 before it was announced. 4 new people have now voted for 9.2... I guess it makes them feel good to be right :)

The problem is 5 people have voted since the score was announced... and got it wrong. I guess they were voting what they THINK GS should have done :)

Back