what settings have you used for best overall game play?

K

krosfyah

The game will be here tomorrow (i hope!).

Unlike Far Cry when i spent 4 hours tweaking settings (or that's what it felt like), i was hoping you guys could give me some input into what you have set up for best graphics and performance combo's.

I am running a Athlon XP 2500+ Barton, 512meg RAM and a 9700 Pro. I was hoping i could set most things to HIGH, AA and AF off and be good to rock n roll. Anyone got any suggestions?

1024X768 High everything 4XAA 8Xansitropic. Yields me 110 FPS. woot.

You are above the recommended settings and will surely do just fine.

I have the same processor and RAM as you, except my video card is different (Radeon 9600 XT 256MB). I can run the game fine at 1024x800 res with reflections, highshader detail, medium textures and no aa or ff with a rock solid framerate.

Teta_Bonita said:
I have the same processor and RAM as you, except my video card is different (Radeon 9600 XT 256MB). I can run the game fine at 1024x800 res with reflections, highshader detail, medium textures and no aa or ff with a rock solid framerate.

cool thanks for the heads up brah!

Now all i have to do is wait for the damn game to be delivered!!!!!! :x

I too have lower specs then you except more ram. I set it the res at 1280 and left everything else at defualt. The game predetermins what is best for your system. It the graphics looked incredible and I had no lag problems. The only Bumber was the load times for scene changes seemed a bit long, but I am using the steam version. Retail might be different.

The RAM reccomendation should have been around a gig. The game's prone to stuttering in the first 4-5 seconds of a new level due to a lack of memory :|

there was no way i was going to play this without all the eye candy turned on! I play at 1280x1024 with everything on the highest it will go, 4xAA (with temporal AA on) and 16xAF, looks absolutely amazing! (Radeon X800XT PE, Athlon 64 3400+, 2Gb PC3200)
I've tried it on my laptop too, playing at native res (1440x900 widescreen) it looks excellent with all the details on high with 8xAF, but any AA seems to kill the performance :( (GeforceGO FX 5600, P4 3.2HTT, 1Gb RAM).

I wonder how it will look on my server?! lol (Geforce 2 MX400, Athlon 700, 256mb PC2100 - a real beast!!)

LeeUK said:
I wonder how it will look on my server?! lol (Geforce 2 MX400, Athlon 700, 256mb PC2100 - a real beast!!)
Actually I wonder this too, all I see is people brag their elite systems, but I dont see anything related to low end systems.
My sister has a comparable pc, and when there's a multiplayer it'd be nice if it could run on that.
Why not try it out?

at the moment, with out any problems I'm using

1280x1024, High Everything and normal water. With 2aa and 2af.
Running like a dream

the game just arrived from Amazon! I'm sat at work trying to concentrate and all i want to do is get home and play. Unfortunately i have a works do tonight too! ARGH! Oh well at least i have it this side of the weekend!!

Thanks all!

hl2 configs it's settings automatically for your machine spec, i'm running an Athlon 2000+, radeon 9500pro, 512 pc2700 ram, and it's running mainly on high, with a couple of things on medium. your machine will be fine, and it configs itself in seconds, damn i need some ram

Back