what shitty luck!!

Vinnie_NL said:
A few days ago I was thinking about what if this would happen with me, if this happened a month ago it would suck of course but closer to the release it sucks even harder because there is a chance things don't get sorted out before Release Day. But besides the password you also have to choose a question with a secret answer. Can't you use that too proove you are the real account owner? Because that's the purpose of it I hope (Valve doesn't need too know who my childhood hero was or what my mother's maiden name is I think :p). And if you chose a good secret answer it's VERY hard to guess. But you shouldn't chose Gordon Freeman as the answer of your question :p

The only secret question is asked when you get a "verification" code thru email, then asks for the answer to the secret question after it.

As they've changed the email address, i cant get the verification code or secret Q.

I saw cliffe post a thread and i jumped at the chance to PM him, i hope i get it sorted out ;( its 3pm at valve now and i havent had a reply all day ;(

It needs to be like other online vendors, where any changes to the account have to be verified through the original email address. So if say someone somehow logs on to your account, they can't change your password and lock you out because an approval email will be sent to you before any changes will be made. This will give you plenty of advanced notice that your account has been compromised so you can alert Valve and immediately change your password
Inless his password is same for email then account, then there is a big screw up, Valve should do something, if they don't, couldn't you refuse to pay through the credit card if you go to the bank? Then buy it on a new account? I am probably wrong, since i have no knowledge of that, but i know people who have been able to do that

Fliko said:
Inless his password is same for email then account, then there is a big screw up, Valve should do something, if they don't, couldn't you refuse to pay through the credit card if you go to the bank? Then buy it on a new account? I am probably wrong, since i have no knowledge of that, but i know people who have been able to do that

well i bet because of playing css early there's a come back on it, but i just want my account back ;(

YaY (ish)

I think the PM to cliffe worked!

I have to send my hl1 cd key to Valve though :S and im in UK theyre in US. Plus $10 :S where do you convert money?! ARGH!

Maybe someone's hacked your mail server and has been reading your e-mails?

It's very strange, as the other guy said you would have received an e-mail if someone had tried to change your password.

TST_Devgru Seal said:
Don't you have your certificate that you bought HL2?

What certificate?

RIGHT HERE'S ME NOT GETTING HL2 ON RELEASE DAY:

I have to find a post office that LUCKILY has US $ (if there is one) then change sum money for $10, then package my HL1 CD with info and $10 and send it to seattle. They then get it, leave it for a few days i'd imagine. Then assign it to my new account. By then it'l be like shit loads past 16h nov ! :'(

I have 5 days!!! Why does this have to happen now?!?!

mortiz said:
Maybe someone's hacked your mail server and has been reading your e-mails?

It's very strange, as the other guy said you would have received an e-mail if someone had tried to change your password.

He said other companies do that but valve DONT, if it was the case i'd be ok.

Check your e-mail account tied to your Steam account. There should be a type of receipt with your billing info and name and so forth. Or, instead of sending your HL1 stuff, just ask a Valve member if they would accept your billing adress/name/account etc. and cross reference it with the info they have in their databank. That should be easier for everyone, and cheaper.

Guess you won't be playing HL2 the second is release now will ya, oh well, in the words of my ex, "life's like a dick, when it gets hard, **** it"

re-register the cd key to another steam account. worked for me. transfered my silver package and all...but my account was not stolen.

Dude that must suck so bad. I hope I dont get any errors before HL2 comes out. I'd be soo mad!

Back