What top 5 games would you want to LAN

yeah that's what I'm thinking...
FPSes are fun but I don't want that to be all that we play...
RTSes like WC3 and Starcraft for sure can make it in...

What about RPGs.. Something multiplayer but that wouldn't take 4 hours to do properly...

The games I find are the 'stickies' so to speak, as in they can always be agreed on, are :

Quake 3
Half Life : DM
Half Life 2 : DM
Serious Sam
Medal Of Honour : Allied Assault
Battlefield 2
Red Alert 2
GTA 2 - 'last' 2D version of GTA (the original was more fun, but it will not run on modern PC's - at all)
Ignition - excellent micro machines style racing game, great fun! ;)

Synthos said:
What about RPGs.. Something multiplayer but that wouldn't take 4 hours to do properly...
hmm, can't really think of anything .. we normally play nwn and we usually have a char but we don't mind starting again.

hah, ignition is awesome but not too sure if you'll be able to get it working on lan :s

hah, ignition is awesome but not too sure if you'll be able to get it working on lan :s

You have a point, I forgot to mention this. Ignition and Red Alert 2 both use the IPX protocol rather than the standard (nowadays) TCP. So obviously all machines running these games will need IPX installed, as it is not installed automatically within Windows as TCP is.

Once you've done this it is a blast though, although I think it only supports up to 8 players? :p

Back