What were your favorite parts of half life 2? *SPOILERS

K

Kaboomenstein

1. The guy pacing in the train station (theyre always arriving but they never leave, theyre always departing but theyre never full) if someone knows the whole thing, please post it.

2. The magnet crane. I loved picking up one of those huge red crates and swinging it back and forth into combine's

3. The citadel (after your weapons are confescated). Grabbing live combines was the best. Also, those Men in Black style energy balls.

So, what were your favorite parts?

I think my favorite part was at the very end.

Alyx: "We've got to get out of here, there's no-"

*Time stops*

G-man: "Time, Mr. Freeman?"

What a great man.

I also loved the new gravity gun that could throw the combine guys around, as well as Father Gregory. That guy was hilarious.

Father Gregori ruled, man! I got into Ravenholm, and he starts blasting stuff... I'm just there like, "OMFG DRUNK RUSSIAN WITH A SHOTGUN!!! YEAH, BABY! YEAH!"

Mad-pimpin' Gordon finally getting some much-needed and well-deserved female attention was definatly nice too...

But while it's not my fave part by any means, the best line in the game is when Barney yells, "Headhumpers, yeah!" after you rescue him from the snipers... I laughed for 10 straight minutes at that.

I thought the airboat was the best vehicle. I really liked most parts, except for Ravenholm. What an awful map.

When you teleport, and find out it's been a week.

The entire mood of the game changed. Went from the oppressed people under police.. to emerging into a total warzone, with the entire populace backlashing. Was refreshing!

I'm not done with the game yet (I'm on follow the freeman now... yep snipers) so thanks for allowing me to highlight parts and guessing from the first few words it's related to the end.....

My faves so far are
Water hazards -
for the adrenalin rush!! the gate 5 siege and the fury get away run that follows with mine droping heli and rockets flying from everywhere.... wow

.... We don't go to Ravenholm. -
well, at least was the first level we could finally use the gravity gun. and god what a creepy level, it was totally a different game. The fast zombies are so fuc*ing frightful. and the poison zombie with it's backpack of black headcrabs. I played this level with a high level of goosebumps...

highway 17 -
now again the sport!, dodging magnet balls and the such. this is the first level that when you die you got reminded that your on a mission for the G-Man...

I also *really* like the gravity gun.

the puzzles.
-the batteries puzzle was fun
-the one in Nova prospekt (or was it entanglements?) where you have to nade the plug

Man, there were too many great moments to tell. Howabout chronological order. Most of these are spoilers, some major.

Chapters 1-5

1. The mumbling guy in the terminal was great. Also Dr. Breen's breeding speech and the Combine guard who tries to make you pick up the can.

Transcript of terminal guy: "You never see them go. They're always full. No one ever gets on but they're always departing but they never arrive and the ones that do, they never leave..."

2. The chase up the stairs in the beginning -- that was intense. I've never had the heart to let myself get caught to see what happens.

3. Barney's, "eeeeuuuuaghh" in response to Alyx's comment, "not an animal person, are you?" Heheh, really funny. Also, the "what cat?!" conversation.

4. "You can call it the zero point energy manipulator if you really want to." - Alyx

Chapters 6-10

1. Ravenholm -- the whole damn thing. That was just amazing and scary as hell, plus Gregory was hilarious. I especially liked the part where he's sending the cart down to you to get you over the fence to the church, and all the wicked fast zombies are climbing up the pipes and you're blasting them with the shotgun, fending them off. Intense.

2. The entire bridge sequence near the end of Highway 17 was breathtaking. I remember when I was being chased by the airship at the end of it, I ran out of rockets and had to sprint down those really narrow support beams to get to the middle area with the rocket crate. That was so intense. Plus, the bridge thing was just beautiful graphically, as well as the little village preceding it. The whole thing reminded me of Highway 1 in California.

3. Nova Prospekt once you get your antlions back. That was awesome, commanding hoardes of them into battle with turrets and combine soldiers. Also, Breen's speech in Prospekt was cool, as was the intense escape into the transporter, with the soldiers coming in everywhere.

Chapters 11 & 12

1. Dog tossing vehicles at Combine soldiers.

2. Barney joking about the cat again.

3. The orbital bombardment in front of the library, which looks like the Ion Cannon from Command & Conquer and disintegrates people where they stand like the Strider ion blast or the alt fire for the Combine rifle.

3. The lockdown scene before the second generator in the library. You're in this metal room and the doors lock down. You place those mines and the Combines are trying to get in, and you're fending them off. That was cool.

4. When you encounter striders head-on for the first time in front of the library, and one of them blasts the front steps of the library with an ion cannon, disintegrating like four rebel soldiers and causing this cool space bending effect, not to mention the fact that the pillars and the rest of the front of that part of the building collapse.

5. The battle against the three striders on the rooftop. I must have seen 30 rebel soldiers die in that battle.
Chapters 13 & 14

All of chapter 13 and 14 were amazing. The slow entry into the tower, followed by the 2001: A Space Odyssey or Star Trek: The Motion Picture style tour on rails which was very enlightening on what you've been fighting all this time. Then of course the modded gravity gun was absolutely ****ing fantastic. Reminded me of Sauron in the beginning of the Fellowship of the Ring movie. Then really everything from that point on, including the ending, which (despite what everyone else says) I found totally amazing.

seinfeldrules said:
I thought the airboat was the best vehicle. I really liked most parts, except for Ravenholm. What an awful map.

Ravenholm was a really fun map.

gmans speech(my sig), was really good. it got me so pumped to finally be playing hl2.

the guys in the station(already said ^^)

i like picking up the pop can and throwing it at the guardm and running, and right when he stops picking upa crate of bottles and throwing that at him hahaha.

then there was jsut looking at the game was exciting, ie the whole thing!

last but not least, i was SOOO PUMPED when i found out the new amazing power of the gravity gun, picking up those guys and shooting the balls and jsut everything was mazing in the end. Breen always sending mesages to you via the computers( i jsut ripped them off the wall whever i saw his ugly face :p).

but i agree with most of you, ravenholm and everything was cool

My fave chapter was: Coast..the great outdoors :D

Nova prospekt was a fantastic chapter, leadign the antlions into battle...

And the final two were amazing...

And Dog...dog is just the best

Back