What will the world be like in 2020?

personally i think we will have hotels on the moon,

have 3d virtual reality, with 5000 people on 1 server =map the size of nyc :D

we will find another planet with life

there will be a half life 6

world war 3 will occur (hopefully not) lol

not family cars... family planes ^^

Hopefully a lot better than it is now.
Hopefully...I will be a lot happier, too.

Well considering back in the 40's and 50's, they thought in the years coming upon the new millenium, flying cars would be invented and aliens would take over.. but obviously none of this has happend, however, alot of cool shit has happend and been invented since then.. So i'd imagine we'll be living just like normal but with new technology.. i wouldnt expect a dramatic change in society or civilization such as living on the moon.

Who was it? Dane Cook?

"In the future everything will be instant. Everything. But the DMV will still take like 9 seconds."

I'm waiting for the 5k people on 1 server :p....

Earth wont survive till 2020.

In 2017, a meteor will hit that has about a mile diameter. If it hits land we all die (dust will block out sun), if it hits water...surrounding coast will be destroyed.

They spotted it a few years ago (big story for awhile, then 1 day no one was talking about it anymore).

DoctorGordon3 said:

In 2017, a meteor will hit that has about a mile diameter. If it hits land we all die (dust will block out sun), if it hits water...surrounding coast will be destroyed.

They spotted it a few years ago (big story for awhile, then 1 day no one was talking about it anymore).
Because it's no big deal. We'll just send up Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck along with a bunch of good character actors to blow it out of the sky.

DoctorGordon3 said:

Not to get too off-topic, but has the government done anything about this upcoming meteor that is supposed to strike the Earth in 2017? I mean, it would be logical and we have a very early warning in advancement.

quantum computing I hope :D

and Duke Nukem Forever gets released(LOL INTERJOKE)

There's no proof that a meteor will destroy us in 2017..

I seriously doubt a meteor would kill us all anyhow... i mean a mile in diameter? there have been bigger ones that have hit earth before and nothing happend.. besides, a meteor that small couldnt create enough dust to cover the entire earth, blocking out the sun.

joule said:
Not to get too off-topic, but has the government done anything about this upcoming meteor that is supposed to strike the Earth in 2017? I mean, it would be logical and we have a very early warning in advancement.

No idea. The public certainly wouldnt be told.

DoctorGordon3 said:

yay double post, but thats cause the chance it hits isn't high at all. Its quite low(but the chance is there)

DoctorGordon3 said:
No idea. The public certainly wouldnt be told.
Oh.

I just had a thought that you might work for the government. :cheese: :rolleyes:

CyberSh33p said:
yay double post, but thats cause the chance it hits isn't high at all. Its quite low(but the chance is there)

1/500 chance is what i heard. Chance doesnt exist though; it either happens or it doesnt happen.

Doesnt really matter if it hits, i'll be off the planet by then.

DoctorGordon3 said:
1/500 chance is what i heard. Chance doesnt exist though; it either happens or it doesnt happen.

Doesnt really matter if it hits, i'll be off the planet by then.
Is Canada moving to Mars?

We got thousands of nukes in the world and your worried about a stinkin meteor?

One solid world government, happiness, no more stupid people.

C-O-N-Spiracy said:
We got thousands of nukes in the world and your worried about a stinkin meteor?
well, the nukes aren't currently being launched, so yes.

joule said:
you know, I have to bring up a point. I seriously don't think a little thing like a semi-giant meteor is going to destroy humanity. it'll **** us up, sure, but we're a very adaptable species, and could probably live without the sun for a few years. not to say lots wouldn't die, especially in the third world.

He_Who_Is_Steve said:
Is Canada moving to Mars?

No see, i'm moving to canada to do my research, then ill get off the planet.

CyberSh33p said:
you know, I have to bring up a point. I seriously don't think a little thing like a semi-giant meteor is going to destroy humanity. it'll **** us up, sure, but we're a very adaptable species, and could probably live without the sun for a few years. not to say lots wouldn't die, especially in the third world.

No sun=no plants=no animals=no food=no humans

CyberSh33p said:
well, the nukes aren't currently being launched, so yes.

A meteor is not gonna kill everyone on earth.. got a greater chance of getting nuked is my point.

Hell, a greater chance in getting struck by lightening for that matter.

C-O-N-Spiracy said:
A meteor is not gonna kill everyone on earth.. got a greater chance of getting nuked is my point.

A meteor striking the size i described is equal to about a million nukes.

DoctorGordon3 said:
A meteor striking the size i described is equal to about a million nukes.
:eek: :eek: OH NOES!!!1111

/me hopes it hits the continent of Asia :E

DoctorGordon3 said:
No see, i'm moving to canada to do my research, then ill get off the planet.

No sun=no plants=no animals=no food=no humans
how did life survive last time a meteor that large hit? things tend to crumble in the atmosphere as well, not to mention we could probably nuke that thing either out of its orbit or into smaller bite-size pieces.

and we still have enough canned food and whatnot to last a few years. some of us.

and another thing, we can create artificial sunlight from lamps and grow plants like that, hell we already do. so what about that?

Okay, guys, this is all fine and good...but I think we're missing the biggest issue...how will the FOOD be in 2020? Hopefully as spicy as it here down here now.

CyberSh33p said:
how did life survive last time a meteor that large hit? things tend to crumble in the atmosphere as well, not to mention we could probably nuke that thing either out of its orbit or into smaller bite-size pieces.

and we still have enough canned food and whatnot to last a few years. some of us.

and another thing, we can create artificial sunlight from lamps and grow plants like that, hell we already do. so what about that?

With no sun the surface temperature of the earth will drop to atleast -100.

Life will survive...humans, will not.

Anyways, correct...we could probably nuke it to a ton of small pieces.

DoctorGordon3 said:
With no sun the surface temperature of the earth will drop to atleast -100.

Life will survive...humans, will not.

Anyways, correct...we could probably nuke it to a ton of small pieces.
I sincerely think humans could survive, if only a handfull in underground bunkers growing food and feeding animals and such. if the nukes fail anyway.

A meteor would be like a giant rock, explain to me how a mile wide meteor could be equivalent to a million nukes?

DoctorGordon3 said:

Yeah I heard that too. I can't wait to see this huge comet coming.

DoctorGordon3 said:

".. It's a Bull.. Shit,
Three... ring,
circus... Side SHOW!"

did any1 else read there was supposed to be a "world war 3" in 2005 or 2006. im sure i read it in newspaper or summat.
from that book that predicted diana's death thingy...
anyone?

C-O-N-Spiracy said:
doubt it.

The meteor that supposedly killed off the dinosaurs is estimated to be about 100 million tons of TNT strong.

So yes, it can be possible.

So far, the only doomsday theory I'm worried about is in 2012 when the Mayan calendar ends.

*shudders*

Back