what you do when depressed

I play Counter Strike, then all my problems go away...

I usually end up sulking around for a bit, play guitar, head online for some Halo or Cod4, or head down to the Ottawa river to sit back and listen to music.

I know how you feel man, I broke up with my girlfriend not too long ago, but we didn't get back together ;(

edit: Or I get drunk with a small group of friends

Talk to people over MSN. If there's one thing that makes me lol my way out of depression it's talking to other Helplife2.netters.

You are crazy.

Ok yeah your girlfriend had broken up with you. Boo Hoo. South Park had a great episode on last night about this. Wendy breaks up with Stan, Stan becomes depressed and turns goth. A hooters girl breaks up with Butters, and Butters is sad.

Moral? In the words of Butters,
"The only way I could be this sad now, is if I had something really great before". You can't just have the good, you gotta take the good with the bad.

What do I do? I run or juggle my ball. Anything to take my mind off of stuff.

ya i do actually, i was "depressed" before, but i was a teenager... i didn't know any better. like i said... it's a phase you go through... realize the world isn't out there to get you.

people fight over rice in other countries, yet you got time to be depressed here? why... because you're unhealthy is probably 80% of most cases on forums, if not... it's a mental issue you need to solve on your own.

there's no reason to be depressed in north america/europe... hate yourself for being who you are? well then, ****ing change.
There is a phase a lot of teenagers go through. However it is also more than that. It can happen with a lot of stress in your life, huge changes in your life, etc.. Depression also isn't hating yourself for being who you are. It can be a feeling of you wanting to feel sad. It can be a feeling of you loosing everything that matters to you and having nothing to live for. It can come from having nothing to do, only sit around and think.
Whether your a billionaire or a poor ethopian, you can feel depressed or sad. You may think the billionaire shouldn't because of everything he has, however the mind has unlimited desires but only limited resources to acheive those desires.

some of you guys would be a big help, if i still was broken up with. and i never thought something mildly compassionate could come out of willie's mouth.

EDIT: i am crazy, ty

Old age is just adolescence in reverse.

When you are 1 year old you are trying to be able to walk. When you 4 years old you are trying not to crap your pants. When you are 8 years old you just want to have friends. When you are 16 you want to be able to have sex. When you are 20 you want to go traveling... When you are 60 you want to go traveling again. When you are 64 you just want to be able to have sex. When you are 72 you just want to have some friends. When you are 76 you are just trying not to crap your pants. And when you are 79, you just want to be able to walk.

all have heard that before.

I am in control of my mind and my body. Happiness originates in the mind and the body. If I am not starving or persecuted or inhibited from living my life, I don't see any reason that I should not be happy. If a physical situation made me unhappy, I would change the situation or change mind to accept that situation.

Then my stupid people in my head started coming out. And mucking things up even more. They come out when I'm under emotional stress and make me feel less stressed. Sometimes they're little bastards. (Jim, Gregory, Tyrone, and Tammy the Talking Trash Can.)

Tibbs... do you have schizophrenia?

[edit] And I'm pretty sure he's serious, Tyguy. He thinks depression is pretty much equivalent to being a baby.

I work out. Hard. With my abs flexing and rippling. With my biceps pumping and glistening and tanned...

brb...

I usually am desperate finding some music on the internet to get me really, really low.
Just to fit my mood.

It's usually looking for romantic crap with many harmonies and gentle, high notes....
Although I hate vocals.
I only like instrumental compositions.

I went with cutting myself some time ago, maybe half a year, because right now, the age of 8/74 or howmany years that was applies to me pretty much.

I don't even actually know what it's like to be depressed, because there's just too much anger in me.

I am angry at a world that has left me, so to say.

And at those times, I want to let it all go, I imagine my impending suicide which I most probably am not going to perpetrate, and want my melancholic music.

So I might just once cry properly and let the pain ease.

Oh, Atomic Piggy, you're lovely Oncle Tobama is friends with the atomic power lobby, wants special forces in pakistan, therefore believes in the war on terror, and has outlined the three master goals of neoconservatism in his own book, as I just recently heard from some bloke on CNN.

SUPPORT RON PAUL BECAUSE I CANNOT (I am german)

As for depressive moods, I wish I could tell myself my life is awesome, and I know that's true because there's people who could be envious about you, but I just can't hold that feeling anymore, because I know I just need some people with whom I can share my expiriences and fears.

But that's the really depressing part, because I just recently told myself I might just as well be more human than some gray from zeta reticulli, because I am just frigging sad about the fact I might not be suited for interacting with real people at all.

I just generally find things to laugh at. Which is why I tend to laugh my ass off at nothing nowadays, not because its funny, just out of habit.

yeah, laughings a great way, its cool because i got a funny as class :)

Once I was down and decided to stay awake all night.
In the morning when the winter sun started to rise, the day just seemed to get better!

its a fact that more people get depressed and sad on winter.

SAD = seasonal affective disorder (some still debate it's existence)
And it's in winter or during winter.

I also drink my favorite beverage.
jackdanielsflaskeglass1by7.jpg

?

Mm, banana smoothie. Ever had a chocolate banana smoothie? Divine.

Pack up your troubles in your old kit-bag,
And smile, smile, smile,
While you’ve a lucifer to light your fag,
Smile, boys, that’s the style.
What’s the use of worrying?
It never was worth while, so
Pack up your troubles in your old kit-bag,
And smile, smile, smile.

Alcohol is a DEPRESSANT. Get it? DEPRESSANT. It makes it worse, you just aren't quite concious enough to know it.

When I'm depressed I play my drums and think about whatever has me down. Drumming opens up my mind, so I can figure out how to fix the problem while I'm drumming. :D

Sometimes I even cut myself to see how much it bleeds.
The pain is like adrenaline, it's such a sudden rush for me...

for some reason I found this funny

Alcohol is a DEPRESSANT. Get it? DEPRESSANT. It makes it worse, you just aren't quite concious enough to know it.

darkside in uniform

287404913_dacfaaf088.jpg

I usually am desperate finding some music on the internet to get me really, really low.
Just to fit my mood.

It's usually looking for romantic crap with many harmonies and gentle, high notes....
Although I hate vocals.
I only like instrumental compositions.

I went with cutting myself some time ago, maybe half a year, because right now, the age of 8/74 or howmany years that was applies to me pretty much.

I don't even actually know what it's like to be depressed, because there's just too much anger in me.

I am angry at a world that has left me, so to say.

And at those times, I want to let it all go, I imagine my impending suicide which I most probably am not going to perpetrate, and want my melancholic music.

So I might just once cry properly and let the pain ease.

Oh, Atomic Piggy, you're lovely Oncle Tobama is friends with the atomic power lobby, wants special forces in pakistan, therefore believes in the war on terror, and has outlined the three master goals of neoconservatism in his own book, as I just recently heard from some bloke on CNN.

SUPPORT RON PAUL BECAUSE I CANNOT (I am german)

As for depressive moods, I wish I could tell myself my life is awesome, and I know that's true because there's people who could be envious about you, but I just can't hold that feeling anymore, because I know I just need some people with whom I can share my expiriences and fears.

But that's the really depressing part, because I just recently told myself I might just as well be more human than some gray from zeta reticulli, because I am just frigging sad about the fact I might not be suited for interacting with real people at all.

Surely this crap is spam?

nah he just forgot to take his zoloft .err I mean Thorazine

W4d5Y must be emo. :D must be emo BTW: take no offense. (unless your emo) He asked for music to make him feel really low right?

I like watching funny movies, but I tend not to get hit by depression at all, it's more just stress for me, and even then not comparable to a lot of people's stress.

I'm generally a happy guy ^_^.

Back