What's better than Radeon X800 XT?

E-2k5

Reaction score
I'm buying this video card to play with ZERO lag so i need people opiinion... will this be enuff to spend some time without flaws at all? (i mean, UBER FLAWLESS) in ALL games.

i'm building a computer:
copied and pasted :LOL:

Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.4GHz
1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY (Kingston)
ATI Radeon X800 XT 256MB DDR 8x AGP (i'll overclock it)

Well this system i will be able to play all right? :bounce:

if its agp you'll be wantin the X800 XT Platinum, it beats even the PCI-E cards at the moment, including the X850 ...

Don't overclock it - there's no need, and you'll only end up frying it unless you have a watercooling block for it.

my only choice is the X800 XT cuz it's included in the built system (it's best card of all of the choices given... 6800 ultra and down..
But i guess its enuff to play smooth

I recommend you don't go for a Pentium 4, And instead go for a AMD 64.
There are 2 reasons for this,
1, Pentium 4's still use the northbridge on the motherboard, AMD has done away with this by integrating the memory controller into the cpu, as in the AMD 64's, therefore instead of this sequence as in the P4's .. cpu---> northbridge-----> ram, you now only have cpu---> ram.
Data throughput is faster, and with the case of dual channel memory support with the socket 939 processors and m/boards, memory bandwidth is drastically improved.

2, P4's don't currently fully support 64 bit operating systems, And the future IS 64 bit computing.

64 bit O/S's support more than 2T of HD space, and more than 4GB ram.

Once microsoft release an official 64 bit operating system for global sales, then more companies will "jump on the bandwagon" and start producing games and programs that support 64 bit.

Anyways, just my 2 cents! (as you would say in the us of a).

I have a X800 XT PE and its one hell of a card man! I love mine! :naughty:

You should have no problems running games with the highest settings.

I agree about using a AMD 64 instead. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

If you got enough cash a 2 SLI geforce 6800Ultras would be better but the X800XT is great. Also I have to third the Athlon 64. Better performance for less money. You have to agree!

2 6800ultras would be better than anything out just now, but it would also cost heaps, like £800 and also it would be so damn noisy too. If you do want a damn fast card, then a single 6800ultra or x800 XT PE (if you can find a real XT PE card). A slightly less expensive alternative is the 6800GT, its fast, not quite as fast as the 6800ultra but you can overclock it to similar speeds.

well i don't have the munny to buy PE but i do have to buy the normal X800 XT, which is the same as 6800 ultra (i read most of reviews and the normal X800 XT shows itself as a better card and it also has better FPS)
PS= Why u say athlon is better? is it really? can u guys recommend me the best CPU?

An AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2Ghz (FSB 800/s939) 512k would be a good choice (or the 3200+).

how bout the 3800+ ? even better right? with that CPU and X800 XT PE and with 1gb DDR PC3200 ram i will be able to run all games with high settings without a bit of lag right?

The difference between an x800xt pe and a standard xt is very small. Get the pe if you can find it cheap m8.

I also vote for an A64.

ok i'll buy athlon 64 but can't decide between X800XT PE and 6800 Ultra.
Maybe it depends on my incoming rig

Athlon 64 3.6
1 gig kingston
dont know what else

jondyfun said:
Neo2 Mobo to go with your A64.
Thats what I took for my 3500+ (well... neo2 plat). It also supports dual-channel memory, which I would recommend. Kingston memory is OK, but just go for the best deal you can find on any of the namebrands (Kingston, corsair, PNY etc.)

X800XT is a better card, but the Ultra can go SLI if you ever so desire... so take your pick. Both will run the latest games at max detail.

ok wof but.. according to my soon to get computer, what vid card would work the best? Radeon X800 XT (Platinum Edition) or GeForce 6800 Ultra?

Radeon X800 XT (Platinum Edition) or GeForce 6800 Ultra will run ALL GAMES AT MAX. p.s. get me 1 . cheers

naah i'll change my mind, i'll buy X850 XT Platinum Edition, that's much better than 6800 ultra right? :thumbs:

i wouldnt get the platinum... just get the X850 XT... i have one and it over clocked past platinum no problem

I would have gone with the X850XT but the 6800ultra might benefit you in its support for PS 3.0. Most new games are making use of it. They are currently using it for increased framerates and HDR. I have been playing far cry and SC Chaos Theory demo for a while and I love the HDR effects. Also half life will use HDR and some other games. The X800 would be faster but you would be missing out on HDR and other features that are not "officially" supported by microsofts PS 3.0.

AMD64 all the way

furiousV said:
does the linux kernel 2.6.x support 64bit?

just make sure you get the right distro - most come with an x86 and a 64bit version - to answer your question, yes - 2.6 does have 64-bit support

Also, get the AMD Athlon 64 Socket *939* not 754 - it's the predominate socket style now - more upgradeable, mobos that go with it are much faster and better suited for high performance gaming machines. Also, get an ASUS mobo... they're the best. As far as specifics, I agree - go with either a 3500+ or a 3200+ in socket 939. You go up to a 3800+ or 4000+ and you end up blowing cash - they're better, but not by much... maybe a few frames per second

well radeon was not very supported by that doom 3 engine, new most of new games will be playable with no disadvantages by radeon due the weird doom 3 engine...
thanks guru i'll go for the athlon 3500 with a socket 939 and i'll get an asus mummyboard ^^

i'm buying this mobo Asus A8V-E Deluxe Via-K8T890 Chipset w/LAN, Wi-Fi-g, 7.1 Sound, IEEE-1394, USB 2.0 PCI-E Motherboard
this ones good tight? im also gettin this CPU [939-pin] AMD® Athlon-64 3500+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology this one's ok too right?

i hope my CPU is similar to pentium at least 3.0.ç, and hurray im gonna play all games flawlessy
PS= lol still can't decide between X850XT (Platinum) and 6800 ultra... well i think im never gonna get 2 video cards with that SLI thing that 6800 has so i'll keep the ati cuz it has the same performance :naughty:

oh sry i forgot.... great sig the brick lol xD . It has happened to me haha. :D

I don't know if this still is the situation, but ATI has always been better in AF en AA. A lot better and faster. I'd get ATI.

E-2k5 :D yay, this is the 5th time I get to hear that :)

ge ty the brick u make my life so much better and easier lol, i'll go for the ATI :LOL:

Agreed, brick... ATI dominates. Just make sure you get the PCI-Express version with the new Asus mobo... freaking sweet. And trust me, your comp. will be way better than a P4 3.0c. TONS. ...actually, it should outperform even the P4 3.6/3.4 EE procs in most, if not all games - especially HL2. (oh yeah, and those are the best Intel gaming procs available)

Good luck, let me know how it goes. Oh, and the 7.1-channel surround sound built into the mobo should be sufficient... shouldn't really need to get an Audigy ZS, altho that would be really freaking sweet. :thumbs:

i have the exact same system your building but with a pci-e x800xt and ddr2 ram(533mhz) and i get slowdown in hl2,fc,doom etc when maxed,it depends what you mean by flawless performance,30fps and above is what i get with fc and hl2 with the occasional dip in certain areas(follow freeman etc)

jimbo118 said:
i have the exact same system your building but with a pci-e x800xt and ddr2 ram(533mhz) and i get slowdown in hl2,fc,doom etc when maxed,it depends what you mean by flawless performance,30fps and above is what i get with fc and hl2 with the occasional dip in certain areas(follow freeman etc)
Cough*Prescott
:E

i sure will guru :D and...i saw two kind of asus mobos... wanna read them? oh btw im buying athlon 3500 ^^ (1 gig kingston)

-Asus A8V-E Deluxe Via-K8T890 Chipset w/LAN, Wi-Fi-g, 7.1 Sound, IEEE-1394, USB 2.0 PCI-E Motherboard

-Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe nForce4-SLI Chipset w/LAN, 7.1 Sound, IEEE-1394, USB 2.0 Dual PCI-E Motherboard

PS= im buying my rig in www.ibuypower.com (recommended by this website)
PS-2= www.halflife2.net best website ever :cheers: :imu:

x800 xt all-in wonder is on sale at newegg.com under "crackin' deals" for less than just the x800 xt itself

well 1 of those mobos is specially made for Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra due to it's SLI mode

go with A8V-E not the nForce4. you won't need SLI, since you'll get ATI, lol... oh, and try newegg.com. I buy all my stuff there, and it's always cheapest. and you could go with the All-In-Wonder, then you'd have TV on your computer... but I don't recommend it since the gaming performance isn't quite as good and the TV quality isn't that great anywayz. cheers :cheers:

To answer the titles question,
What's better than Radeon X800 XT?
-A Radeon X800 XT that you bought me :)

jimbo118 said:
no not a prescott lol
Sure it is. That's all they make for the Socket 775.
What else could it be?

Back