What's better than Radeon X800 XT?

what's wrong with a 6800 Ultra? The new drivers that came out work GREAT. Im pleased with my card, very pleased.

i heard athlon 3800 doesn't make a difference with 3500 so im gonna buy 4000, that's good right? :naughty: (having in mind it has 1mb cache)

I'd spend the money on 2x 6800 ultra's in SLI. You'd get like 75% boost compared with sinlge 6800 ultra. No drastic need for more cpu than 3500+.

With these top end gfx cards it's all about cpu ...... the more the better, and you'll certainly notice it.

what about powers supply,monitor stuff like that?you already have it i guess or will use your current 1s

well i'll buy a new standard power supply but i guess i'll keep my current 17'' philips monitor

i have heard that VIA or some ASUS mobos aren't compatible with ATI... is this true? :.

ummm changed my mind i think i'm buying FX-55 ... i can play everything with it right?

oni_666 said:
64 bit O/S's support more than 2T of HD space, and more than 4GB ram.

i'd like to interject here (although this message is a bit old) because my friend has a pc with 12 hd's and 2.5 tb of space, running on windows 98. perhaps you mean, 2 terabytes per hd?

hey guys... but im supossed to run everything with no hitchs with the computer i'm gonna get right?

WaryWolf said:
i'd like to interject here (although this message is a bit old) because my friend has a pc with 12 hd's and 2.5 tb of space, running on windows 98. perhaps you mean, 2 terabytes per hd?

Its not about the disk space, its about the amount of ram the system can theoretically address. Here is a quote from a site:

The fact that 32-bit systems only have 32-bits of data to work with means that they can only address up to 4 GB of RAM. A 64-bit system on the other hand could theoretically address up to 16 exabytes of RAM (That’s over 16,000,000 GB of RAM). In reality though, there are few, if any, 64-bit systems that support 16 exabytes of RAM. Building a machine that supports that much memory would be extraordinarily expensive. To counter this cost, many manufacturers impose RAM address space limits that fall somewhere between the 4 GB limit of 32-bit machines and the theoretical 16 exabytes that a 64-bit system should be capable of addressing. Most existing 64-bit systems limit physical RAM to somewhere between 8 GB and 256 TB.

Here is the url from that site if you want to read more:

http://www.wown.com/articles_tutorials/64-Bit-Computing.html

ok i'm gonna order the computer next week :D Just hope it will run it all maxed out

They "limit" their RAM to 256 TB?? Omg, 1 TB would be so much... why 256 of them?

Muhahahaha said:
They "limit" their RAM to 256 TB?? Omg, 1 TB would be so much... why 256 of them?

Check this out: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/evaluation/overviews/tech_benefits.mspx

You could fit some pretty big textures in 16TB of virtual memory!

As for benchmarks this should give you an idea of performance in HL2

5638.png

Original Benchmarks:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2290

yeah but i hope i can max it out including with the AA and AF without going less than 50 fps

E-2k5 said:
yeah but i hope i can max it out including with the AA and AF without going less than 50 fps
Yes, you will be able to with an Athlon 64 and X800XT.
I can get pretty close with my 6800gt but I have some big frame drops in some areas so I wouldn't be able to go much higher. But that's because we are talking about 6800+AA/AF+HL2.

E-2k5 said:
i have heard that VIA or some ASUS mobos aren't compatible with ATI... is this true? :.
Yes, seems I've seen something about that too. some particular ASUS mobos have some VIA chipset issues, however, from my experience of building MANY computers with VIA-based ASUS mobos, I've never had a problem with my ATI cards.

I don't think it really matters, anyhow, since nForce4-based ASUS mobos are so far superior, I can't see why any of you gamers would get anything other than an nForce4-based chipset.

:cheers:

E-2k5 said:
Guys... can i max out HL2 with AA and AF with no lag?
Why do you do this to people i mean CMON just sit tight and enjoy the ride. Fun ride BTW.

Back