• Continuation of the modern era

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Going into the future, sci-fi/futuristic

Votes: 31 47.7%
  • The end of the battlefield series

Votes: 8 12.3%

• Total voters
OCybrManO said:
What about BF2 is futuristic? It uses weapons and vehicles that have been in use for years and it uses current camouflage. That's not futuristic, that's modern. The equipment is just a refinement of old principles. It's all standard stuff. The squad/commander stuff is the way it is to make it fun and easy to use (so that people will actually use it). The radar was in BF1942... so that's not meant to be futuristic.

I'm talking about stuff like the "Future Warrior" system (planned for 2020)... helmets with a transparent visor onto which you can project images... so you can display thermal vision, light amplification, video feeds, range information, etc... being able to look & fire around corners by holding your gun around and displaying a video feed from the gun on your visor... being able to see through someone elses POV when they spot something... armor with "nanomuscles" to allow the soldier to perform better physically (like run farther without getting winded or hold more weight)... active camouflage... etc.

I'm talking about experimental technology being designed/developed now that may be ready within 15 years if everything goes as planned. It's futuristic without being to the point of laser weapons, force fields, teleportation, and all that sci-fi stuff.

well there's no MEC currently ..so that makes it futuristic :E

That depends on how they explain the conflicts. They could be in the future... or they could be hypothetical modern situations like "What would happen if a polar bear fought a grizzly?" Although, if it is in the future it would have to by a hypothetical setting anyway... unless the military is feeding them information and battle plans.

OCybrManO said:
That depends on how they explain the conflicts. They could be "futuristic" in that it is supposed to happen tomorrow... or they could be hypothetical situations like "What would happen if a polar bear fought a grizzly?"

Polar bear would win.

OCybrManO said:
That depends on how they explain the conflicts. They could be in the future... or they could be hypothetical modern situations like "What would happen if a polar bear fought a grizzly?" Although, if it is in the future it would have to by a hypothetical setting anyway... unless the military is feeding them information and battle plans.

k now I'm confused ...which country is the polar bear? ;)

I think the polar bear represents Liechtenstein and their "army of zero" (their last soldier died in 1939, IIRC).

sinkoman said:
AHAHA! You=PWNT.

Haha, 20 fps, that's struggling already! You're card can barely keep up with your settings.

What ever happened to I GET 60 FPS ON T3H HIGHEST SETTINGS!!!

Runs good anyway..it's playable.

Back