What's so great about NWN?

Steven

Reaction score
Seriously, all you do is click on stuff and press f4 to drink a potion every now and then. I can't stuffed finishing it but so far it seems to have a pretty boring story. Why's it so great?

What's so great about FPS.

Seriously, all you do is move your mouse and lick on people and jump on a crate every now and than.

What's so great about MMORPGS.

Seriously, all you do is grind and collect items over and over again.

What's so great about RTS.

Seriously, all you do is mass units and send them after a couple of hours of nothing.

Get what I'm getting at ? Anyone can simplify anything and make it sound stupid, lame, boring, etc but that doesn't suddenly make that true.

NWN isn't for you, leave it alone. Oh, and don't reply with "Tell me why it's so great and maybe I won't think that" because based on how you presented your thoughts I don't think any amount of reasons as to why some people love it will make your change your mind, like I said, it seems it just isn't for you.

If you want to edit your post and don't come across, feel free and I'll give reasons why I enjoy it otherwise I'm sticking with this reply. :)

The original NWN isn't a great singleplayer experience. The expansion packs have a bit better campaigns, but NWN's true strength is custom made online and offline content. If you're into making your own scenarios, then NWN and the Aurora toolset is perfect for you.

The original NWN isn't a great singleplayer experience. The expansion packs have a bit better campaigns, but NWN's true strength is custom made online and offline content. If you're into making your own scenarios, then NWN and the Aurora toolset is perfect for you.

Seriously. If you aren't playing this online or making use of custom content you are wasting your time.

I think what he's trying to say is - it's 0% immersive, so it feels like all you're doing is pointing and clicking after awhile. Totally agreed, BTW :p

Just IMO though. I liked Diablo, so yeah, rip away :D

Its a shame NWN was poor in single player. Baldur's Gate and Planescape are far better in this respect - good stories, better, more interesting environments and characters. NWN is just drab, bland, and boring.

What's so great about FPS.

Seriously, all you do is move your mouse and lick on people and jump on a crate every now and than.

What's so great about MMORPGS.

Seriously, all you do is grind and collect items over and over again.

What's so great about RTS.

Seriously, all you do is mass units and send them after a couple of hours of nothing.

Get what I'm getting at ? Anyone can simplify anything and make it sound stupid, lame, boring, etc but that doesn't suddenly make that true.

NWN isn't for you, leave it alone. Oh, and don't reply with "Tell me why it's so great and maybe I won't think that" because based on how you presented your thoughts I don't think any amount of reasons as to why some people love it will make your change your mind, like I said, it seems it just isn't for you.

If you want to edit your post and don't come across, feel free and I'll give reasons why I enjoy it otherwise I'm sticking with this reply. :)

So I pissed you off by makeing NWN sound boreing? I'm just wondering what you'd do if someone raped your Mother.

Whatever your feelings on NWN, NWN2 looks to trump it in every fashion from the single-player to the toolset. It looks amazing too. Give it a chance and read some reviews. You will likely be pleasantly surprised...:thumbs:

So I pissed you off by makeing NWN sound boreing? I'm just wondering what you'd do if someone raped your Mother.
Who's angry ? I'm not and I in no way said/implied that.. just because I can make a logical reply and it's not quite what you wanted in no way means I am angry. :afro:

Is there a release date for NWN2 yet ?

NWN was pretty poor for an RPG, really small dungeon areas, the story wasn't very good, but multiplayer is where it's all at

Dunno, I liked NWN's singleplayer when it first came out. It was one of the best PC RPG's back then.

The multiplayer was a bit pants with the "rooms" or whatever they were. It seemed mainly for role-playing goons to pretend they were a dwarf to get away from their real life.

It really sucks if you aren't playing multiplayer. LAN is especially fun. Me and my cousin are huge fans of zombies films and things so I made my own town that for the most part outside of a few houses was overrun by them. That was some of the most fun I have ever had with a game. Thats where its strength is at, playing with people you know and being able to tailor the experience to yourself.

NWN has one of the best modding communities out there. There are several high quality modules with engaging storylines and great custom content.

Plus, it's a DnD game, so you kind of have to have a small background in it to truly enjoy the game. The original campaign was okay, but Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark were much better. However, like I said, the custom content is one of the best out there for any game. I recommend downloading Crimson Tides of Tethyr, The Aielund Saga, Vampire: Heaven Defied, The Blackguard series, Tales of Arterra, Prophets, Caereena: Krakona Rising, Darkness over Daggerford, and anything else on the first 4 or so pages on the NWN Vault. Try those out before you rag on NWN :p

It was only fun for me when me and my brother were lanning it. Other than that... I couldnt be arsed to play it.

Which sucks... because I was psyched for it before release. It sounded like THE shit. The did all they said they would... its just that it wasnt as exciting as I hoped.

Oh well... it wasnt as bad as it was when I got SWG on release day. God that was a dissapointment.

/cries

Only DnD game I really ever played was BG2, and I loved it. I'd love to try NWN too.

yea the single player SUCKS. For one, i didn't like how slow the character moved. He just crawls even when he's running. Also, the graphics kinda blow. Everything is browned out. and you attack like.. every 4 seconds or so. Not enough kinetic energy in the game.

I happen to thoroughly enjoy NWN's sp campaign.
I just bought it a few weeks ago, the thing I like about singleplayer is that on certain servers in MP, you can use your SP characters. n.n

Back