Whats so special about MW2?

Cod's bet MP(and SP for that matter too prolly) was with United Offensive. Introduced all the decent MP modes and had large maps. Foy ftw.

Base Assault on Foy in UO was easily the best multiplayer that the COD series has ever offered.

And even that was a stripped down version of BF.

Base Assault on Foy in UO was easily the best multiplayer that the COD series has ever offered.

And even that was a stripped down version of BF.

I preferred Domination on Foy. Base Assault usually just turned into a big tank camp fest outside the base.

ps. suicide jeeps ftw!

Call of Duty has become a shallow and generic series and its sequels have shallow and generic developments. Though MW2 manages to actually be dumber than COD4.

Left 4 Dead 2 completely improves and expands on Left 4 Dead. If I recall, you don't like the core gameplay based around Left 4 Dead, and you were upset when the sequel didn't end up being an entirely different type of game:rolleyes:

I randomly saw the end to World at War as my friend completed it the other day. Contains 100% real cheese!

lol LF2 sucks...glad I didn't buy it same shit as LF1 MW2 MP on the other hand is entertaining.

The riot shields are ****ing stupid. No way could a shield stop high calibre ammunition and be light enough to carry.

The riot shields are ****ing stupid. No way could a shield stop high calibre ammunition and be light enough to carry.

Truth. My friend hit my riotshield with a direct hit from an RPG and all it did was push me backwards. Then he shot the ground next to me and I did. Go figure.

lol LF2 sucks...glad I didn't buy it same shit as LF1 MW2 MP on the other hand is entertaining.

I very much doubt you've given it a serious play. And how can you say MW2 isn't the "same shit"? L4D2 has the same shit, seriously improved, where as MW2 seems to have the same shit, seriously worse. I can't believe I'm actually trying to start a serious argument with you. When did I remove you from ignore?

I played MW2 on the 360 last night. First time I've even seen the game played in front of me. it wasn't so bad. I didn't think I'd enjoy it at all, but I had some fun. Not enough fun to buy it, but fun enough to go next door and play with it with the coworker :p

yea and no way you'd survive a grenade from 10 feet away, no way you could jump off a two story building carrying a rifle/rpg/pistol and all your military gear and survive, no way you could run a mile then not be out of breathe when you look down the sights, the list goes on...

The riot shield can survive pretty much everything (with the blast shield), but you're very immobile and can only melee people or use your throwing knife, but of course to melee people you need to get close and that's also when you're most vulnerable because they'll just knife you also. They're more mobile and they need 1 knife whereas you need 2 hits.

i have found the perfect griefing combination. because the throwing knife is thrown so fast and doesn't require any changing of weapon, when people stare dumbly at you with the riot shield up waiting for you to change weapon it's the perfect knife kill. people are so ****ing dumb in this game.

also game has got a lot better with the recent unlock of the AUG HBAR. weapon ****ing owns.

My response to half this last page: it is a GAME. Of course a riot shield won't deflect .50cal Barrett rounds in real life. If you continue that sort of logic, you have to condemn the multiplayer for allowing you to spawn. Play it for what it is, not what you think it should be.

Antipop: I need to try that. I love the throwing knife, but I rarely get a chance to kill suckas with it. AUG HBAR is one of my favourite weapons too :3

Its so special because its pretty much what every generic FPS game bases itself off of. All it is is a boring game with MP that gets old quick and an SP storyline that makes nearly no sense. The only good thing I see in MW2 is the pretty graphics, but even that gets old.

No. There is realism and there is realism. Nobody is saying everything should match reality just some things that seem utterly retarded even in a fictional universe. The game works well enough when you think about it. You shoot people and they die, unless they have a light weight polycarbonate shield that absorbs anything you throw at it. Dumb mechanic. In a game where the primary focus is to shoot and kill other players why on earth is there a piece of plastic that stops that from happening? It's bad design. Hell a lot of things in MW/MW2 are badly designed so people are used to it.

No. There is realism and there is realism. Nobody is saying everything should match reality just some things that seem utterly retarded even in a fictional universe.

Then what about the one hit knife kills and throwing knives. The scavenger perk. Or regenerating health. How is the riot shield any more retarded than them. None of them make any sense at all. What your saying is that the riot shield is even more unrealistic but IS IT any more unrealistic? Look at what we already have.

Dumb mechanic. In a game where the primary focus is to shoot and kill other players why on earth is there a piece of plastic that stops that from happening? It's bad design. Hell a lot of things in MW/MW2 are badly designed so people are used to it.

Besides I like the riot shield. Its fun to use yet no where near overpowered. It brings something new to the gameplay even if it is crap. And you can still kill them just as easy. It does not stop being killed at all. I should know. I used the damn thing. My k/d ratio is slowly recovering from the damage.

No. There is realism and there is realism. Nobody is saying everything should match reality just some things that seem utterly retarded even in a fictional universe. The game works well enough when you think about it. You shoot people and they die, unless they have a light weight polycarbonate shield that absorbs anything you throw at it. Dumb mechanic. In a game where the primary focus is to shoot and kill other players why on earth is there a piece of plastic that stops that from happening? It's bad design. Hell a lot of things in MW/MW2 are badly designed so people are used to it.
It's not a dumb mechanic if it's well balanced. You have the shield, you get no primary weapon. You can be easily flanked. You are largely a distraction to allow your teammates to flank. If you are stun-grenaded you are dead. If you suck with the throwing knife you are nearly useless.

It doesn't make sense in a real war. I keep saying, this is a game. You're saying "I draw the line of realism here and anything past it is unrealistic and stupid." Which is like playing Half-Life 2 and saying "There's no way a gravity gun could ever exist! This game is dumb and bad."

And then you go through a corridor and find yourself face to face with a shield and no teammates in sight. The shield holder has commando and rushes you with a 500000 foot range shield bash. You can't do anything about it. FML.

i have found the perfect griefing combination. because the throwing knife is thrown so fast and doesn't require any changing of weapon, when people stare dumbly at you with the riot shield up waiting for you to change weapon it's the perfect knife kill. people are so ****ing dumb in this game.

also game has got a lot better with the recent unlock of the AUG HBAR. weapon ****ing owns.

doesnt the shield block the knife?

I very much doubt you've given it a serious play. And how can you say MW2 isn't the "same shit"? L4D2 has the same shit, seriously improved, where as MW2 seems to have the same shit, seriously worse. I can't believe I'm actually trying to start a serious argument with you. When did I remove you from ignore?

yeah its improved but it's still just blasting away at Zombies.....
atleast MW2 mixes it up with different modes.

Further proving you haven't played it. If you don't find Left 4 Dead's core gameplay, that's fine, but don't pretend that it's terrible CoD is some sort of beacon of originality and depth because of it. The vast majority of opinions I've heard indicate that MW2 is almost exactly the same, with worse maps and less balanced weapons.

THE MAPS ARE AWESOME ARRGHRHEYRHAHDFGADFG

Except for Rust. But at least Rust is better than that stupid shipping crate level. God that level was terrible. Actually, Rust is just cratey mcnadespam with a climbable tower in the middle. Rust is terrible.

the riot shield is so easy to counter against man. i'm gonna lump you into the category of poor suckers i beat down with the shield because they didn't think about how to approach the situation. you summed it up pretty well here: hurf durf shoot to kill shoot to kill blam blam blam ohshi im out of ammo BASH BASH.

the **** is this. and COD is still blasting away at other people with guns, what's the deal? who didn't know this? why is it even used as a negative when it's so mind numblingly obvious?
L4D2 has like ten billion game modes last time i looked. that's actually a lie, but it has realism and scavenge that are new, and then survivor and verses straight out of the box which was different from L4D. i haven't looked through the COD game types much but last i recall there wasn't anything new there. even if there was, that isn't really a good basis for how good a game is.

the riot shield is so easy to counter against man. i'm gonna lump you into the category of poor suckers i beat down with the shield because they didn't think about how to approach the situation. you summed it up pretty well here: hurf durf shoot to kill shoot to kill blam blam blam ohshi im out of ammo BASH BASH.

Riot shield.
Take throwing knives as well.

If the other person backs off to throw a grenade, hit 'em with the knife.
Bam, counter-counter.

THE MAPS ARE AWESOME ARRGHRHEYRHAHDFGADFG

Except for Rust. But at least Rust is better than that stupid shipping crate level. God that level was terrible. Actually, Rust is just cratey mcnadespam with a climbable tower in the middle. Rust is terrible.

Shipping crate level is god. Every time my friends and I played split screen we got bored after a half an hour and ended up playing knife fight in shipment. And Rust is pretty bad, it's the main location of my riot shield griefing. I'm hoping the subtitle of the next CoD is riot shield griefing. But yeah, BAD MAPS.

Riot shield.
Take throwing knives as well.

If the other person backs off to throw a grenade, hit 'em with the knife.
Bam, counter-counter.

look back a page, that's how i have mine set up for when i use it. i should note that i'm not a big user, i use it like on the last game before i switch off for the night or when i'm feeling not too fussed what's happening.

my counter to people with riot shields is to just run the **** away and let someone else deal with it. i can live with not getting the kill, but if i have to it's either bounce a grenade behind them off a wall, flashbang and get to the side of them or shoot at the feet. you'd be surprised at how many people don't crouch with the shield.

I'm hoping the subtitle of the next CoD is riot shield griefing.
hahahahahahahaha

my counter to people with riot shields is to just run the **** away and let someone else deal with it. i can live with not getting the kill, but if i have to it's either bounce a grenade behind them off a wall, flashbang and get to the side of them or shoot at the feet. you'd be surprised at how many people don't crouch with the shield.
That's pretty much what I do. If I can see their feet, I shoot the crap out of their toes and they die. If they're smart about shield usage, and I'm out of stun grenades, I turn around and sprint to whichever other chokepoint my team is defending.

that's what L4D series is about fyi. blasting away at zombies is the selling point, and it does the job exceptionally well. but let's add a capture the flag mode that nobody plays just to make it look like an improvement? :bonce:

and you're citing MW2's different modes. so L4D2 doesn't have different modes. so wtf are these scavenger, versus, and realism modes i'm playing?

That's pretty much what I do. If I can see their feet, I shoot the crap out of their toes and they die. If they're smart about shield usage, and I'm out of stun grenades, I turn around and sprint to whichever other chokepoint my team is defending.

I do that as well. but i hate it more because if i just cleared a room of 5 people with some uber handling of the famas and a bumbling riot shield idiot comes into the room and just stares at me, it completely kills my adrenaline rush and battlefield high **** YEA

So I got this for Christmas... you guys know how I feel about it already, so I had to try hard to pretend I liked it. The person I got it from is on steam and thats how he sent me it, so I had to install it and play some since he might check my recent games and I dont want to have to explain why im not playing it.

I already beat the singleplayer so I fired up multiplayer and played for a few hours since I didnt play any of that before, and only ever saw it on the consoles. Basically its just standard fare for a fps multiplayer game. Nothing special whatsoever. Fun for awhile when you're bored, but beyond that I wouldnt play it.

Although I must say, the kill-streak perks or whatever, are by far the worst invention of any multiplayer fps I have ever come across. Seriously, they're ****ing retarded. OK, the UAV and occasional missile thing are alright, but everything beyond that is absolutely retarded. Didn't think I could find more to hate about this game, but good job Infinity Ward. You've impressed me. Definitely not buying another game of theirs unless they completely change their design philosophy. Which they wont because the mob (mainstream gamers) are morons and eat shit like this up with vigor.

I did prefer CoD before it went overboard on the mainstream philosophy.

Not that many modes:

1. Kill everyone
2. Kill everyone with less bullets
3. Blow shit up
4. Blow shit up without respawning
5. Blow shit up with no respawns and kill everyone with less bullets
6. Capture Points
7. Capture 3 Points

Wow, what variety!

You can generalize every game that way:
kill zombies, close doors
kill zombies, die
kill zombies and some player controlled zombies

cap intel
control points
kill everyone, no respawning

kill enemies, grab items, level
kill players, smack talk, repeat

etc...

cap intel
control points
one control point
control points, one team is attacking, the other defends
team deathmatch
lead a cart through a level
lead a cart through a longer level
lead cart while the other team is trying to lead their cart, get yours there first

You missed some for TF2. :>

Unozero, you said earlier that L4D2 is improved but boils down to just blasting away zombies, but the playmodes in COD games haven't changed much in....I dunno how long, its the same modes with different (shittier) maps and different (although sometimes the same but with newer) weapons.

Xcellerate, every game has its own playstyle that makes the modes slightly different. IE: MW2 TDM is just run around and kill everyone with little to no skill required. OpFlashpoint TDM takes a lot more skill being that getting shot can lead to quick deaths without healing. It isn't a run-and-gun generic kinda game. L4D2 deathmatch, or versus, is pretty fun since not everyone has a gun. I like the idea of having one team with weapons and the other infected needing to use their own special ability to take out the survivors. IMO thats more fun then running around and shooting everyone mindlessly while they halo jump with riot shields and duel 1887's(which are technically rifles and shouldn't be able to duel-wield)

It's much more balanced than MW1. The changes aren't huge, but it's at least somewhat of a step up. Looks amazing, too.

However, if MW3 is still the same game, I'll be pissed. Two games of relatively the same stuff is where I draw the line.

That's a lie, and you know it, tool.

I love MW2, the campaign blew me away and the multiplayer is great too. I actually like the matchmaking, saves me looking for servers.

and guess what? BS like this could be avoided with dedicated servers
:upstare:

I don't really like dedicated servers because you don't know what you are gettin till you've joined the match. Like in counter strike quite a few the servers block the AWP. I just like to play the game as it is annoying or not. Plus I like to get a mix of people instead of regulars.

The only reason I like dedicated servers is that you get to play the maps you want instead of playing annoying ones but apart from that I don't care much for it.

I don't really like dedicated servers because you don't know what you are gettin till you've joined the match. Like in counter strike quite a few the servers block the AWP. I just like to play the game as it is annoying or not. Plus I like to get a mix of people instead of regulars.

Except, most servers will say 'NO AWP/AUTO' or the like if they do. So, easily avoidable.

Back