Whats the best music video ever?

thenerdguy

Reaction score
I love The White Stripes Seven Nation Army music video.

Whats some of your favorit music videos?

Well... Tribute by Tenacious D? :D

But Metallica - One is a great video, if your in a more 'serious' mood ;)

Phantom Planet's new one is just awsome, forgot the name of the song though...

but...the "take on me" music video by the Aha's is soo cool, i love that song!

I don't even listen to them....but Linkin Park had that one video for Points of Authority that was pretty much a lot like Starcraft.

Yeah, but I don't think I have a favorite so I thought I'd give it mention.

I like the video clip for One last breath by creed. A little too many Jesus being cruicified impersonations, but it's a nice clip. Very escapist.

Tool -- Parabol / Parabola

All of the Tool videos are great, but this one takes the gold medal.

Also, March Of The Pigs by Nine Inch nails has a great minimalist video. :)

ffs u noobs. the best music videos come from the 80's and 90's. new music is absolutely ****ing ***t tbh. you can still rock to 80's music ffs (ie queen, boston, scorpions). grow up guys.

All videos given a mention thus far have been pretty awesome (except Hardest Button to Button was way cooler than Seven Nation Army ;)), but probably my favourite video is Come On My Selector by Squarepusher. Has a wicked video by famed director Chris Cunningham (who does most of the Aphex Twin videos).

Also Toxic by Britney Spears.

I dont hav favorites videos
but I like the videos of Daft punk that are made in old anime and looks like a miniserie
and I love the music of Daft punk

ffs u noobs. the best music videos come from the 80's and 90's. new music is absolutely ****ing ***t tbh. you can still rock to 80's music ffs (ie queen, boston, scorpions). grow up guys.

You know the scorpions? :D Woah

But I agree that the 80's and 90's were a bit... better in some way. Dire Straits forever, hooray :D :D

tupac ft snoop dogg - 2 of americaz most wanted

ok, it's not the best ever, but it's the first i can come up with :)

In the end by Linkin Park

Since then, Linkin Park has made so really shitty videos, albums, music.

Adrien C said:
In the end by Linkin Park

:| I hated that video. It ruined the song completely. Urgh, bad after taste.

They've done one or two cool videos though, like Papercut, Points Of Authority remix and Breaking The Habit. The rest are pretty much crap, I agree.

linkin park in general is....overated......the lyrics could've been written by a five year old yet the lead singer has been known to call his writing "original and thoughtful"

KagePrototype said:
Tool -- Parabol / Parabola

All of the Tool videos are great, but this one takes the gold medal.

I'm in 100% agreement with you. It's so rare to meet anyone else who has even seen the video. Maynard's lyrics are so deep to begin with, but then Adam Jones just comes up with the most amazing imagery to support it.

EDIT: IMO Linkin Park does suck. Mr. Hahn (sic?) is the only real worthy talent in the whole group. I read an interview with the band and they were talking about how he took all of the tracks (as in drum/guitar/bass) and reworked them so much that the members had to relearn their parts. When they split up I look for him to be the only one that will ever make it big again.

thenerdguy said:
I love The White Stripes Seven Nation Army music video.
Nah, the video for Fell In Love With A Girl was much better (the one with the Lego)
I like Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps, but that's only because KarenO looks so gorgeous in it... <Ahem>
The Cooper Temple Clause - Blind Pilots. A man. On his stag night. Turns into a goat.
Queen - I Want To Break Free. Freddie Mercury looks surprisingly good in drag. Roger Taylor looks hideously kinky for so many reasons.
Radiohead - No Surprises.

I dont know i like the triangle slide show. Or Police's every Breath you take. The black and white and then the switch to the three color is awsome! I love it. Finger 11's one thing is good too! :)

Dire Straits Forever!!!! Best Guitar Solo Ever : Local Hero!!!!!! Fu If U Disagree!!! :):p

I dont't have a stand-out favorite, so I'll name the few that pop into mind at the moment.

Otherside and Californication by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers we memorable. Otherside had a 60's look to it (black and white) plus it's one of my favorite songs by them. Californication's video was a video game, done in CG with tons of detail and lots to look at.

Contrary to what many of you are saying, I think that Linkin Park's videos have gotten more interesting aas the years went on. The Points of Authority remix video was very well done; thre's nothing like a full out war happening in CG that I like better. Faint had a video that followed the lyrics (and I give points to the director because of this). The new video for Breaking the Habit was made by the guy who did the anime sequence in the first Kill Bill.

I just finished watching the video for the new Rammstein song "Mein Teil" and I enjoyed it because it has the Tool wierdness and the Marylin Manson creepiness.

Music Videos are important if you are listening to a song for the first time. If done well, it will make the song seem so much better. That's how i got into bands like Soilwork and In Flames.

I don't watch music vidoes cuz I don't have cable. But I did like that sp_trickingitwhowhatsit Quake 3 trick jumping video :)

Stereophonics - Moviestar is a cool video for the retro feel.

Coldplay - The Scientist is cool cos Chris Martin had to learn the song backwards.

And even tho he's probably a pedo, Michael Jackson has some of the best music video's and frankly created the idea of 'Music Video'

Thriller, Billie Jean, Beat It, Bad, Leave Me Alone, Speed Demon (from the movie). are all decent.

You are so write, Linkin park is so much over rated this days, they think that their music is so good, but its so shit latetly. Their best album was Reanimation, in ther I have my favourite song : Krling (Crawling Remix )
But its sad to see them loose their touch.

Pureball said:
Dire Straits Forever!!!! Best Guitar Solo Ever : Local Hero!!!!!! Fu If U Disagree!!! :):p

Hooray :D let's have a DS Party :D

el Chi said:
Nah, the video for Fell In Love With A Girl was much better (the one with the Lego)

Yeah, that video was sweet. It was directed by Michael Gondry, who also directed Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

The best music video ever is Sabotage by the Beastie Boys and directed by Spike Jonze. There is no way that anyone can argue with that. Case closed.

Adrien C said:
You are so write, Linkin park is so much over rated this days, they think that their music is so good, but its so shit latetly. Their best album was Reanimation, in ther I have my favourite song : Krling (Crawling Remix )
But its sad to see them loose their touch.

Heh, that's a bit sad in that they had very little part in creating Reanimated :)

It's pretty nice though. And they do have some pretty good songs, just as a whole they're way too samey. In the DVD I got with Meteora the guitarist was talking about how he wanted to experiment more with the new album and try new things, which is all good in thoery, but does he realize he's used the same ****ing effects in pretty much every single LP song to date? NAR NAR NAARRRRRRRR NAR NAR, you know, that edgy, biting guitar sound?

Also, the lyrics are utter shite, but it's still my opinion that Chester has one of the nicest Emo voices out there. Check out the Live in Texas DVD, he goes absolutely ****ing nuts and it really works... but Mike Shinoda could be tonedeaf for all he adds to the vocal side of things =/

It's pretty nice though. And they do have some pretty good songs, just as a whole they're way too samey. In the DVD I got with Meteora the guitarist was talking about how he wanted to experiment more with the new album and try new things, which is all good in thoery, but does he realize he's used the same ****ing effects in pretty much every single LP song to date? NAR NAR NAARRRRRRRR NAR NAR, you know, that edgy, biting guitar sound?

Also, the lyrics are utter shite, but it's still my opinion that Chester has one of the nicest Emo voices out there. Check out the Live in Texas DVD, he goes absolutely ****ing nuts and it really works... but Mike Shinoda could be tonedeaf for all he adds to the vocal side of things =/

Yeah, I saw the DVD first, they couldent stop talking about how this slbum was their best work, I couldent wait to hear it, it ended up being total shit.
Chester has a really good voice, in some points he sounds like a violin.
I hope the next one will be better.

You guys wanna see quality music videos? Get the Spike Jonze or Michael Gondry DVDs, those are the two best music video directors in history.

The problem I find with Linkin Park is that they're too afraid to step out of a pit they've dug for themselves. Because of the success of Hybrid Theory, they know what people like. They don't want to fade into obscurity, and so they stick to the same tried and tested formula over and over, only allowing themselves a little experimentation within their own little box. There are moments where they actually experiment a bit (like Breaking The Habit or Nobody's Listening, which funnily enough are the best songs on Meteora), and sometimes the formula works well (Papercut, Easier To Run or Numb), so they're not all bad. For now, at least.

I think the main thing they should do to fix this is to incorporate Joe Hahn into their music more. He doesn't really do much besides scratch and have the odd sample or two. I guess this is why the band give him a whole track to himself, to make up for his lack of presence. Another problem is Chester, who thinks that he's supposed to scream his head off whenever he hits a high note (I remember reading a review where the reviwer compared him to Beavis from Beavis and Butthead). His lyrics are fine, I don't care because I don't focus on lyrics when listening to music. But he should use his voice more, we only hear him hit that high note perfectly on a couple of songs, which is a shame because he has one hell of a voice.

I think these two could really add something to the group, if they just tell the guitarist and Mike Shinoda to shut up for a few minutes. The guitar riffs are the same crap over and over, and suffer from over-production of the highest order (I'm not suprised that their best songs don't focus on huge guitar riffs, and instead use it to enhance the sound rather than lead it). And Mike is so monotonous and boring that he just gets on your nerves after a while. Learn to sing! Add something to the music, instead of boring us to tears! It's ok to rap, but please change the tone of your voice just once!

And if the drummer could just play something that wasn't a 4/4 rhythm, this band could actually do something really worth paying attention to. But if they're too afraid to do anything about their current situation, they're not going to last long at all.

Yeah, Mike things he is a good MC. I have to admit their first album was so good I couldent stop to hear it over and over again.
For some Reason is Meteora, Chester has allways to scream and its ugly.

KagePrototype said:
Because of the success of Hybrid Theory

It's still on the charts here =/

KagePrototype said:
There are moments where they actually experiment a bit (like Breaking The Habit or Nobody's Listening

Nobody's Listening was one of my favourites from Meteora. Funnily enough in the album booklet where they talk about each song they mention they thought it was 'too different' sounding with the Japanese flute stuff, and were thinking of scrapping it :p

KagePrototype said:
I think the main thing they should do to fix this is to incorporate Joe Hahn into their music more. He doesn't really do much besides scratch and have the odd sample or two. I guess this is why the band give him a whole track to himself, to make up for his lack of presence.

Cure For The Itch is probably one of the best things to come out of Hahn, and I dare say Linkin Park. Sessions was a ripper too.

KagePrototype said:
Another problem is Chester, who thinks that he's supposed to scream his head off whenever he hits a high note

He reminds me of Chad Kroeger of Nickelback sometimes with the amount of gravel he puts in his voice, and that's definitely a bad thing :x

KagePrototype said:
The guitar riffs are the same crap over and over, and suffer from over-production of the highest order

I think bands like Evanescence took a leaf from the LP book with their stuff... didn't the guitarist just leave Evan aswell?

KagePrototype said:
And if the drummer could just play something that wasn't a 4/4 rhythm, this band could actually do something really worth paying attention to.

Rob isn't a bad drummer, but I don't think he's vocal enough in his parts. He needs to get into the mix more instead of writing his stuff around what the rest of the band is doing. He does have some cool parts though, In The End for one is really cool in the verse with that fast bass inbetween beats.

ANYWAY! Getting reeeeeeeally off topic here :) I'll have to say LP have had some cool videos, and... what do you know, they were directed by Joe Hahn :)

Bad^Hat said:
Nobody's Listening was one of my favourites from Meteora. Funnily enough in the album booklet where they talk about each song they mention they thought it was 'too different' sounding with the Japanese flute stuff, and were thinking of scrapping it :p

Wow! Really? That only reinforces my argument. I also thought it was one of the best on the album. I can't beleive they were thinking of getting rid of it because it sounded "too different", the flute made that song great!

I think bands like Evanescence took a leaf from the LP book with their stuff... didn't the guitarist just leave Evan aswell?

Yeah, they're always denying it, but it's the guitars that really make this really obvious. Lacuna Coil + Linkin Park = Evanescence. The guitarist left, yeah, so I'm curious as to what they'll produce in the future.

ANYWAY! Getting reeeeeeeally off topic here :) I'll have to say LP have had some cool videos, and... what do you know, they were directed by Joe Hahn :)

Haha, that's a funny fact. This band should just let Joe do everything. :)

KagePrototype said:
Wow! Really? That only reinforces my argument. I also thought it was one of the best on the album. I can't beleive they were thinking of getting rid of it because it sounded "too different", the flute made that song great!

What I liked even better than the flute was the guitar/bass in the chorus. The guitar isn't full on and whiny/bitey, but really soft and yet quite grungy and cool, and it has a nice fade on it, and the bass really lifts the whole sound if you shove it up with some nice speakers. I don't really know much about guitar effects, but I knows what I likes! :D

Also, the flute made Mike sound cool somehow. Search me :eek:

Back