Whats the best music video ever?

most eff'd up video I saw was for paranoid android by radiohead. It was even weirder than the song. Course I don't watch too many videos, so yeah. Though Presidents of the USA - Peaches was pretty cool too.

CyberSh33p said:
most eff'd up video I saw was for paranoid android by radiohead.

Heh, that's an awesome video. Also Aphex Twin - Come To Daddy is done by Chris Cunningham who I mentioned earlier, insane creepy video. I've only ever seen the original cut once, they always skip this part where the huge demon fellow is yelling down on the little granny chap, and that's the creepiest part :)

ah, and just cause I'm a fan of tmbg and homestar, I'd say strongbad and the cheat did a great job on the experimental film video. It captures the style of their other videos wonderfully, I think.

anyway, yeah.

/plug

btw I hate that new LP video, made by the same people who drew the anime part in Kill Bill; that's such a rip-off, taking everything what seems to be cool and alternative right now and pack it into a video. The song is very ugly too (imo)

Nice art, though. I just saw the making of and it shows a guy drawing the cityscape by hand... looks utterly amazing as lineart.

The quality is great! But I can't stand the fact that LP thought 'hey, cool, anime sells, brutality (KB) sells, let's also do that; and ask the guys who made the KB stuff, so kids will recognize and buy'

:D

Just a theory, but that's how it works today in that business.

Recoil said:
The quality is great! But I can't stand the fact that LP thought 'hey, cool, anime sells, brutality (KB) sells, let's also do that; and ask the guys who made the KB stuff, so kids will recognize and buy'

:D

Just a theory, but that's how it works today in that business.

That theory may or may not be true, but in the making of Joe Hahn mentioned he'd been wanting to incorporate anime into their videos for a while.

Bohemian Rhapsody-Queen

The Wayne's World one where it is half concert footage and half movie footage.

The Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up

Nothing comes even close to it, either :D.

you people are blind! "weapon of choice" by fatboy slim is the best music video ever. watching christopher walken dance around makes me want to butter myself up and run down the highway naked.

my favorite nine inch nails video is "into the void", and that's because i'm hopelessly addicted to goddamn trent reznor and his goddamn "fragile" album.

i also like trenacious D's "tribute" video. some day i'm going to make music videos that kick total ass.

Blur - Coffee & TV

Has to be one of the all-time best music videos ever... Not a bad tune either :p

not28 said:
my favorite nine inch nails video is "into the void", and that's because i'm hopelessly addicted to goddamn trent reznor and his goddamn "fragile" album.

And obviously his greasy hair and face, considering how much of it we see. :p

Pobz said:
Blur - Coffee & TV

Has to be one of the all-time best music videos ever... Not a bad tune either :p
i really like that song. and the band.

1.Metallica - One (original version)
2.Tool - Prison Sex (creeps me the **** out)
3.Blind Melon - No Rain

Is the video for smack my bitch up where there is a crazy twist at the end where it was a chick the whole time? I saw this video once, and I keep trying to find out who it was.

Aphex Twin's video for Come to Daddy is very f*cked up.

Anything pre-Fragile from NIN is pretty damn messed up.

not28 said:
you people are blind! "weapon of choice" by fatboy slim is the best music video ever. watching christopher walken dance around makes me want to butter myself up and run down the highway naked.

OMFG, I just remembered that vid, it OWNED!

N0N1337H41 said:
Is the video for smack my bitch up where there is a crazy twist at the end where it was a chick the whole time?

Yes, it is.

The beautiful People - Marilyn Manson. I just love the imagery in that vid, especially when he has that clamp thing in his mouth :D.

Chris Cunningham is awesome. I'd have to say his video for Bjork's All Is Full Of Love is my personal favorite, because I love robots and girly, girly music.

Weapon Of Choice gets mention just for the fact that it has Christopher Walken in it (best-ever actor).

imo lp sucks. last time i watched them on tv was when metalcia, deftones and lp were on after the summer sanitarium. the most of their time is put into the lyrics. which is a discrase. the bass lines take a day to put together. 1 freaking day. and the guitar riffs are done with in a week then its all put together digitally with little group time together.

and on another note dire straits is good. but they are nowhere to having the best solo. :p

as for music videos i dont watch them. music is music, if its going to be watched it should be live.

Revisedsoul said:
imo lp sucks. last time i watched them on tv was when metalcia, deftones and lp were on after the summer sanitarium. the most of their time is put into the lyrics. which is a discrase. the bass lines take a day to put together. 1 freaking day. and the guitar riffs are done with in a week then its all put together digitally with little group time together.

Um... you realise that's just recording, right? :p The songs are all written before hand, then recorded bit by bit (with them all in the studio by the way), and then Mike and the guitarist (or the bassist, can't remember which) help produce them.

N0N1337H41 said:
Is the video for smack my bitch up where there is a crazy twist at the end where it was a chick the whole time? I saw this video once, and I keep trying to find out who it was.

Aphex Twin's video for Come to Daddy is very f*cked up.

Anything pre-Fragile from NIN is pretty damn messed up.

Yes :D. That's the one.

Smashing Pumpkins' 1979 video is probably one of my most favorite. Smashing Pumpkins had some awesome music videos; Rocket, Bullet with Butterfly Wings, Ava Adore.

Radiohead also put out some cool ones like Just and Paranoid Android.

I can only think of videos from bands I like right off the top of my head. there are lots of cool ones out there.

h00dlum said:
BLink 182 - First date

Ye-ha!! :D

$pazmatazz said:
Radiohead also put out some cool ones like Just

Oh yeah, another of my favourites. It simultaneously awes and nags me, it's great but why was he lying down!? >_<

didn't read all the thread but there are some good choices. Not limiting it to just music I like, but any video I found "cool"...in no order:

Aphex Twin- Come to Daddy (very creepy)

Marilyn Manson- Sweet Dreams (again very creepy, and cool imagery )

Fatboy Slim- Weapon of Choice (would have missed this one, but this has got to be one of the most fun videos ever.)

Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up (Love the fact it got SO much crap when it was first released and yet it's actually the girl in the end)

Back