What's the best way to get over a girl?

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
Thanks alot Laivasse :)

I'm just going to sit now and listen to sad music and see how I come out the other end of this :| And you're right it really mother****ing stings! D:

Bruddah, I was in that same shitty position for a year and a half. I made a thread on it too, and the best advice I can give you is forget about it.

I know, you've been talking to this girl for a long time, and didn't realize it, but really started to fall in love with who she is. Then one day it hits you like a ton of bricks when you're looking at her... walking or something, you just think "She's perfect..." Then for a while you show her all your greatest qualities, and she compliments you on them... but to you it's not enough. You jump hoops for her. She thanks you, but to you it's not enough. You're her shoulder when she needs to cry, she loves you for it... But not enough. You bring up whats on your mind subtly, and she starts talking about her boyfriend. You're devastated, but try not to show it, so you tuck your tail between your legs and pretend you're having a good time talking to her, and later go home and write 30 sad songs about how you love her.

Yet, what you didn't realize is that she is one of many... many... many many many many many many many many many females on this planet, and there is more than one like her. She may be adorable in every way. Exactly what you wanted in a woman, she may look gorgeous when she doesn't even realize it, but wishing you were her favorite is purely unhealthy. All you're doing is running yourself into a brick wall, so gtfo, and just be friends. Meet some of her friends if you haven't already. Then meet their friends, and so on. You're bound to find someone else. I did.

Or go hook up with a hooker. I heard they're easy to get.

I've got a similar yet not-so-similar problem:

Girl likes boy
Boy starts liking girl
Girl is flirty
Boy asks for girl's e-mail
Girl and boy chat for some time
Boy is too scared to talk to girl irl
Girl stops liking boy, flirts with all the other boys
Boy still likes girl

;_;

Well if we're doing this..

Boy likes girl
Boy gets courage to go and ask girl out
Girl says yes
Boy chats with girl and hangs out with her for like 3 months
Girl decides **** YOU I NEVER LIKED YOU ANYWAY and stops talking to boy
Boy is confused and lonely

Bruddah, I was in that same shitty position for a year and a half. I made a thread on it too, and the best advice I can give you is forget about it.

I know, you've been talking to this girl for a long time, and didn't realize it, but really started to fall in love with who she is. Then one day it hits you like a ton of bricks when you're looking at her... walking or something, you just think "She's perfect..." Then for a while you show her all your greatest qualities, and she compliments you on them... but to you it's not enough. You jump hoops for her. She thanks you, but to you it's not enough. You're her shoulder when she needs to cry, she loves you for it... But not enough. You bring up whats on your mind subtly, and she starts talking about her boyfriend. You're devastated, but try not to show it, so you tuck your tail between your legs and pretend you're having a good time talking to her, and later go home and write 30 sad songs about how you love her.

Yet, what you didn't realize is that she is one of many... many... many many many many many many many many many females on this planet, and there is more than one like her. She may be adorable in every way. Exactly what you wanted in a woman, she may look gorgeous when she doesn't even realize it, but wishing you were her favorite is purely unhealthy. All you're doing is running yourself into a brick wall, so gtfo, and just be friends. Meet some of her friends if you haven't already. Then meet their friends, and so on. You're bound to find someone else. I did.

This is why it is so important to establish yourself in the girl's mind as soon as you have met her as a sexual individual. Whether that be by flirting or touchy feely whatever, etc. The other option is the "mysterious" (not creepy) guy who doesn't say very much who the girl falls for.

If you play the part of the dutiful puppy friend you're unlikely to get very far.

Sure, I'll hop on the bandwagon.

Boy likes girl
Girl seems to like boy
Girl has boyfriend
Girl moves away
Boy moves to same town for unrelated reason
Girl seems to like boy
Girl has boyfriend
Girl seems to like boy less
Boy finds other girl in new town

To be continued...?

boy likes girl
boy talks to girl
girl talks to boy
????
PROFIT!

Christ you people make me sad. Grow a pair god damn it!

Boy meets girl
Girl thinks Rizzo is 10 kinds of cool and takes a ride on the disco stick. Becouse he don't go writing some "boy meet girl" bullshit.

Well if we're doing this..

Boy likes girl
Boy gets courage to go and ask girl out
Girl says yes
Boy chats with girl and hangs out with her for like 3 months
Girl decides **** YOU I NEVER LIKED YOU ANYWAY and stops talking to boy
Boy is confused and lonely

Ok

Girl attempts to flirt with boy
Boy has something else on his mind and doesn't pay attention
Girl insists, and says something stupid
Boy gets annoyed and walks away

Entering in this thread late, but yeah, AHA-Lambda, it seems the relationship may have been unhealthily one sided from the beginning. One thing to keep in mind is that most girls, despite being cute and perhaps causing you to fall for them, are not worth anyone's time, let alone yours. For those of you who are about to jump down my throat calling me a misogynist, this obviously applies to men too.

I'd advise you, AHAL, to find a girl who actually gives a shit about you and isn't leading you around like a petty affection slave hoping you'll wipe her tears when she's feeling down about Joe Schmuck who won't cuddle with her after sex. It takes time, and sure--I've certainly been in the position of the shoulder to cry on who can't stop obsessing, but it's helpful to be more deliberate and picky.

tl;dr: Find a girl who actually cares, this bitch obviously doesn't and is probably a self loathing twat. But that doesn't mean you have to be a self-loathing twat too, just because she's decided to let go of your end. In reality, she probably did the right thing and realized she should stop leading you on. Put things into perspective and find someone who you genuinely vibe with. The problem here is not the bitchy girl or the upset she's caused you, but your own self esteem, which appears provably low. Get out and test the waters with a greater variety of womenfolk, you might be surprised at what you find.

p.s. Stop being her friend, for ****s sake. Should you have had the chance she would have become instantaneously uninteresting after ejaculating in her birth canal.

Ummm...that's what I have said though she DOES care just not as much as the other guy. If she didn't care I would put it down to experience but she does. It's all very confusing ;(

The problem here is not the bitchy girl or the upset she's caused you, but your own self esteem, which appears provably low.

ouch but probably true ;(

AHA-Lambda

I PROMISE you, 100% hand on heart SWEAR to you that

Once you stop being her clingy best friend and always there for her.
Once you start to keep your distance more.
Once you come across as slightly more indifferent and cold.

Whilst at the same time still:

Having fun with your mates.

She will be more up for you than she is now. Most women are like that dude. Try it. What have you got to lose? And at least you get to keep some semblence of pride this way!

So yeah what's the best way to get over being "quasi-dumped"? ;(

Jack_Daniels_Whiskey.jpg

Much in the same situation. The easiest thing i've found is that if she knows you like her and still accepts you as a friend, that's the best thing that could happen. I pretty much give support when she needs it, but make sure not to overdo it.

This is why it is so important to establish yourself in the girl's mind as soon as you have met her as a sexual individual. Whether that be by flirting or touchy feely whatever, etc. The other option is the "mysterious" (not creepy) guy who doesn't say very much who the girl falls for.

If you play the part of the dutiful puppy friend you're unlikely to get very far.

i kind of agree on this, but it doesn't take into account other factors.

it depends on what the girl wants.

and besides if you're the one hitting on someone you have to do most of the talking. you can't just be quiet unless the girl is interested in you due to other factors,...

which gives me an idea!

i kind of agree on this, but it doesn't take into account other factors.

it depends on what the girl wants.

and besides if you're the one hitting on someone you have to do most of the talking. you can't just be quiet unless the girl is interested in you due to other factors,...

which gives me an idea!

agreed. girl has to be interested in you in first place to do the mysterious thing

Yeah okay it's worth a shot :)

Good, just remember. You can't be more distant but just mope around on your own like a depressive. She has to see you're fine with having her at arms length and out having fun with your mates.

boy shanks him

gets big spot in jail

becomes king of the prisoners

starts uprising

kills several nation guard

gets death sentence

and you know the rest

Well the best way to get over a girl, I suppose would be to place a ladder next to her and jump over her or maybe your can tell her to lay down and you could walk over her...

boy shanks him

gets big spot in jail

becomes king of the prisoners

starts uprising

kills several nation guard

gets death sentence

and you know the rest
Holy shit this literally just happened to me.

... but seriously, I like the sound of "listen to misogynistic music." It worked for me. It helps speed you in going from sad to embittered, which is the next and more functional stage before resuming humanity.

Sit on your feelings - as in do a thorough, solid job of just forgetting that you ever had them - and get used to having her as a friend, OR put some distance between the two of you and leave it to the passage of time. That's all you can do.

You could try to 'fight' for her, but tbh if she's already candidly telling you that she likes her boyfriend more, then that fight's been and gone. Even if she's only saying that to avoid upheaval, I doubt there's much chance of her going back on it.

Sorry, for what it's worth, it's a horrible position to be in. But don't make it worse for yourself by perpetuating a situation where you'll always be second best to someone.

This, exactly. I (sort of) had this predicament in late august, with this girl who I was sort-of (don't ask) dating. Now she's dating my best friend and her and I have a less-than-friendly relationship. But I got over her, and I'm extremely happy with my girlfriend as of about a months.
EDIT:
Here's my story
Boy meets girl, and he develops a crush on her
Girl meets boy, develops a crush on him
Girl is too nervous to talk to boy for about 3 weeks
Boy & girl start talking, become really good friends
Boy loses best friend and sort-of-girlfriend (I say again, don't ask)
Boy calls girl when crying over other girl (I cry, deal with it)
Girl asks out guy (two days later)
Guy says yes
A month later Girl&Guy are still dating.

MORGANFREEMAN AND RANDOM GIRL - TOGETHAH FOREVAH.

Back