Whats the best way to waste time until hl2?

Silent_night

Reaction score
and dont tell me HL1 , i am looking for an addictive FREE game over the net that would waste time untill hl2 comes out, what do u recommend?

Nothing free is gonna last you until Half-Life 2.

And PatPwnt... same! :)

Letters said:
Nothing free is gonna last you until Half-Life 2.

And PatPwnt... same! :)

America's Army anyone?

Nah, I've been trying that job thing for years... it dosent work. :hmph:

Try the PlanetSide 7 trial, wont last long buts its pretty neat!

planetside is interesting but I wouldnt say it's a good game anymore

mindlessly flinging stick men into the air, what fun!

download bittorrent, go to a torrent site and download some games for free, make sure to find a copy of Daemon tools to make the ISOs work.

right now i'm spending time away from my usual slew of FPS games to play fallout 2 which i never got to enjoy.

with the amount of 'free games' you can find as simply as searching kazaa, or bit torrent sites, you should have no problem getting Far Cry (greatest game available right now), Painkiller (2nd greatest), Halo (because xjunk sucks), or UT2k4 (for some 'instant action' in onslaught mode).

I was playing a bit of WarCraft 3 waiting for HL2, but then the evil patch 1.15 came out, so I am starting to play my good old Half-Life mods again.

Pirating is bad......

I'd personally reccomend liero, google it, and make sure you have some frineds to play with, it's one of the most fun freeeware games out there. Hilarious.

(On a side note, if you need a good bit torrent program that also supports gnutella, Ed2k, and Gnutella 2, check out shareaza. It's free, comes with no ad-ware or spyware, and tottally kicks ass.)

http://www.shareaza.com

Here be a couple for you, yarr.

Gunbound is a free and fun way to pass the time...its pretty much an online-only version of Worms..just..with various vehicle/animal sets to pilot instead of worms.

Soldat while not completely free, its still 100% playable both offline and online as long as you can either put up with the nagging "register me now" messeages on startup or actually buy the $5 game. Its a 2d online/offline shoot-em-up with support for CTF, DM, Counter-Strike like 'realism' and rounds...etc ..etc...worth the look.

Stare at your Windows "My pictures" screensaver as it goes through all your hi-res HL2 shots.

I've actually succumbed to playing a mmo, to pass the time.....oh the pain, the pain of it all.

As long as you dont have to pay for said MMOs theres nothing wrong with it..

..unless they suddenly introduce pricing policies just when you begin to get hooked on the game(s)...that there is evil

actually i do pay....well atleast i will next month - but i'll pass the month when hl2 comes out :D

City of Heroes is a 'fun' mmorpg to pass a month or so. It doesn't have quite the longlasting appeal of other mmorpg, but almost nothing in it you'll find is boring. At least unless you're very picky. 90% of the people who played the game rate it as very fun immediately compared to other mmorpg. Nothing like being right out of character creation(which is THE BEST ever in ANY mmorpg), and being able to kick street thugs, even several street thugs butts right off the bat. No wolf puppies, no rabbits, no frogs for a newbie to destroy.

You start from the beginning feeling like a superhero, with good powers to match. Very fun for stress relief, at least in mine and all my friends eyes.

Look for Divine Intervention Pt.1 on newgrounds.com

Its quite fun :)

And if ur v v bored Addictinggame.com , miniclip.com ......lol

Lets see...hmm, what would be a good way to waste time until HL2? Now I know, I'm gonna get a life!

I heard Battlefield Vietnam was pretty good, especially with the latest patch, that fixes some overpowerfull guns and such. Also UT2004 seems to be all the hype these days, but i've never been a fan of the fast-paced unreal/quake style action.

I think i'm gonna reïnstall Call of Duty again, it has great online play, kinda like CS in WW2 style play.

I been playing through Max Payne using the Cinema2.0 mod.. its what max payne should have been. ultra kickass.

Return to Castle wolfenstein Enemy territory, one of the best online games IMHO and it's free

CptStern said:
Return to Castle wolfenstein Enemy territory, one of the best online games IMHO and it's free
yeah thats a damn good game.

in fact Im gonna go redownload it and start playing it again.
thanks for the reminder.

Download the Soldiers: Hoeres of WW2 demo. It's just one mission but it's pretty hard on easy, so it'll keep you occupied for some hours. It's really great fun, everything is destroyable and has physics!

Mr. Redundant said:
yeah thats a damn good game.

in fact Im gonna go redownload it and start playing it again.
thanks for the reminder.

yes I havent played in awhile I think I'll start again

Back