What's this weapon then? (Now 3D Gaming Glasses Discussion)

:hmph: The gun just looks retarded, looks like a NERF gun.

Is it legal for them to take art like that and edit it to sell something?

Kind of OT but has anyone ever tried those VFX1 headgears ? HL1 I think is supported it but dunno if hl2 will. Anyone know about good headgears ? They seem expensive..

It's a good thing those glasses give you depth of vision...I mean...I could never tell how far away soldiers were in Half-Life...despite the dampening of sounds and change of size when they moved further away.

It's just amazing how the glasses can show 3D games in 3D!

...oh wait.
:hmph:

UltimaGecko said:
It's a good thing those glasses give you depth of vision...I mean...I could never tell how far away soldiers were in Half-Life...despite the dampening of sounds and change of size when they moved further away.

It's just amazing how the glasses can show 3D games in 3D!

...oh wait.
:hmph:

I know they seem like a gimmick, but before you completely disregard them you might want to take a look at this thread:

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26083

Looks like an unreal tournament weapon actually, anyway, its an extremely generic advert to show the way their 3d glasses work, the gun and arms are out of the screen its being displayed on, so they just put some custom art there.

hmm...3d glasses, i am so dubious about all of that, especially since Nintendo tried doing that and fried a load of Japanese kids brains.

Actually, 3D glasses for videogames aren't a new thing. I tried some a few years back, and they do work, though they can reduce the apparent framerate...

This thread is now about 3D gaming glasses, moved to General Gaming.

gun looks horrible...some idiot sure was on crack when he photoshopped that crap

I have a pair of the Edimensional 3d glasses, they only seem to work on a few games (because I have an ATI card and they mostly only support Geforce) but for the ones they work for, it really looks amazing. Like in first person shooters the gun looks like it's right over your shoulder

Notice, that one of Gordon's hand is actually chubby and doesn't have that mettalic gauntlet part of teh HEV (the one supporting the gun).

Back