Whats with the "crouch walking"?

just skimmed through the thread but I dont mind playing against people who crouch .. although their hitbox is smaller, their speed decreases by what? 50%? maybe 200% compared to sprinting. Just aim for their feet and they're easier to kill than someone who is sprinting side to side. Not to mention its oh-so easy to kill them with props.

SureKiLL said:
those ss's prove nothing accept ur a fricken camper..

lol??

it is hl2dm, a game where camping = the win, just like CS. you cant play a slow game with weapon limits and expect to go all over the place and rip it up, unfortunently. thats why its ez

Schwa said:
Don't you guys know anything? The guy with the highest score is always the most knowledgable!

Actually, scratch that. He only has the high score in one of those shots. But what good is that? We've all been there one time or another.

i cant tell if your begin serious or sarcastic... but either way, lol.

s3pReMiSis said:
It is hl2dm, a game where camping = the win

Camping = teh lame. Go play CS you pussy.

s3pReMiSis said:
you cant play a slow game with weapon limits and expect to go all over the place and rip it up, unfortunently. thats why its ez

Umm yes you can. Unless you suckk. Or camp, which is basicly the same thing.

WySiWyG said:
Camping = teh lame. Go play CS you pussy.

Umm yes you can. Unless you suckk. Or camp, which is basicly the same thing.

was i mistaken, i thought the objective to cs was to point and click, not run around like a mad man and pick up items to prepare yourself for combat,

Gdawg!!-! said:
was i mistaken, i thought the objective to cs was to point and click, not run around like a mad man and pick up items to prepare yourself for combat,

Whaat?

it is hl2dm, a game where camping = the win, just like CS. you cant play a slow game with weapon limits and expect to go all over the place and rip it up, unfortunently. thats why its ez

Camping = high ratios. That's it. To get the win, you have to get kills quickly. If you can find enough people jumping through your area to do that, so be it. But I get my kills quickest by jumping around like a maniac, fragging people as I go. Oddly enough, you get high ratios if you're quick enough on mouse1, too.

Try going Rambo. Or Dirty Harry, if you have the magnum.

Y'know, I got a score of 30-6 earlier today before I had to head to class. Maybe I should have taken a screenshot so I could post it on all the forums. :dozey:

S3p, you might have been a bigshot HLDM player, but this is the sequel. Things are different, now. It rewards different skills. (Not camping, btw.) No Tau jumping, no bunnyhopping. Now, there's grav jumping. Long-distance xbow kills. And there are so many possibilities posed by the grav gun. And crouching does not yield you any aiming advantage other than the fact that you're not bouncing around. A couple of the guns have a hair less recoil when you're crouching, but the spread is the same, and you're vulnerable to nades, .357 slugs, and red-hot rebar.

HadouKen24 said:
Camping = high ratios. That's it. To get the win, you have to get kills quickly. If you can find enough people jumping through your area to do that, so be it. But I get my kills quickest by jumping around like a maniac, fragging people as I go. Oddly enough, you get high ratios if you're quick enough on mouse1, too.

Try going Rambo. Or Dirty Harry, if you have the magnum.

Y'know, I got a score of 30-6 earlier today before I had to head to class. Maybe I should have taken a screenshot so I could post it on all the forums. :dozey:

S3p, you might have been a bigshot HLDM player, but this is the sequel. Things are different, now. It rewards different skills. (Not camping, btw.) No Tau jumping, no bunnyhopping. Now, there's grav jumping. Long-distance xbow kills. And there are so many possibilities posed by the grav gun. And crouching does not yield you any aiming advantage other than the fact that you're not bouncing around. A couple of the guns have a hair less recoil when you're crouching, but the spread is the same, and you're vulnerable to nades, .357 slugs, and red-hot rebar.

In a match, high ratio's are ALL that matters. In FFA play, getting kills the quickest is what matters... but having a rood ratio too is also nice ;]

All I gotta say is that they REALLY need to fix that crouching hit box glitch. I know now that I have to aim for their crotch when they are crotching. . err. . .crouching. . but I play mainly by instinct and my instinct is "aim for their freakin head!"

But, true, it is easy as hell to dance around those crouching idiots, so it doesn't bother me as much now. . . but it does seem to hurt the game.

I run around with a pistol constantly, headshots are the only way to play most of the time.

CookieCuttah said:
I run around with a pistol constantly, headshots are the only way to play most of the time.

Please come at me with just your pistol :D ... you won't last long :eek: :eek: :eek:

The pistol's actually not bad. I think it's something like six headshots to kill an unarmoured foe?

The only downside to the pistol is that every other gun is better. :p

Not if you aim for the head. Against an enemy who isn't strafing very much (in a hallway, or whatever), it's possible to land more headshots with the pistol than with the SMG. And pistol headshots hurt. I once took down a guy with full health in just over a second with the pistol when he rushed me.

I still prefer to use the impulse rifle or shotty, though. I pwn with the shottie.

s3pReMiSis said:
In a match, high ratio's are ALL that matters. In FFA play, getting kills the quickest is what matters... but having a rood ratio too is also nice ;]

Shame you have to sit there in your tent and wait for them. There is no need to camp at all if your any good at this game.

Back