What's your favorite weapon? And why?

1. Shotty - just plain old effective, and more ammo than the magnum and crossbow
2. Pulse Rifle - powerful and nice thumping noises. Just wish it was a little more accurate! Never had much trouble with it's ammo; I was careful. Whenever I ran out, I had tons of spare SMG ammo since I rarely used it.
3. Gravity Gun - Same reasons as everyone else
4. Crossbow - Nailing combine to the wall RULES!

I found myself lamenting the lack of a solid medium range weapon, the magnum is good but we have all mentioned the limited ammo. It has caused me to become downright surgical with the Pulse Rifle though even on hard a couple of rounds to the head and soldiers go down :)

Favorite weapon

Definately the energy balls that come out of the slow machine gun thingy, cant remember the name of it rifle whatever. Did anyone notice what the balls actually do to the enemy? It seems they stop motion, then sort of disintigrate. I have a feeling it is the same harnessed energy used in the time portals, and maybe it actually warps the intended target to remote/unknown portals like the ones Dr. Breen promised to do to Eli and company in his Citidel office at the end?

Fido

Mechagodzilla said:
I prefered the RPG overall.

I also liked how you could use the stunstick's batteries to charge your suit, and how you could blind enemies with the bugbait, even when there were no antlions around.

you can do that?

Kalath said:
The gravity gun, no doubt. I just loved playing around with it, especialy when I get the blue grav gun.

The Blue Grav gun? It has a name you know, and its my Favorate, The Gravity Gun "Redux"! Its the ultimate weapon. especialy when the Combine Elites fire the nades at you, and you pull them out of the air, and launch them back!!!!

Rasta-Bunny said:
The Blue Grav gun? It has a name you know, and its my Favorate, The Gravity Gun "Redux"! Its the ultimate weapon. especialy when the Combine Elites fire the nades at you, and you pull them out of the air, and launch them back!!!!

yeah. its just totally awesome the first time u get it at the end in citadel.

most other times i used smg and its nade launcher, cos it reminds me of the good old mp5 and the nade launcher that had in the original. it kind of does the same job and is ok.

the ammo for shotgun and rocket launcher in hl2 is a bit of a bummer. in hl1 the shotgun held 8 shells in mag and plenty more.
in hl1 the rpg held 6 rockets.

Yes

Its the secondary "trigger" you have set up in HL2. The secondary trigger on the machine gun fires grenades. On the Pulse Rifle it fires those enery balls.

Attached picture is the pulse rifle.

i like the replaying highway 17 and sandtraps because the buggy has that ammo supply in the back and infinite antlions, so you can mess around and kill as many as you want it's fun

Grav Gun. I used it for every range of attack, and you can use the weapon as an armor, just pull something like a barrel or something and itll block the bullets i also used the shotgun alot

moggy said:
yeah. its just totally awesome the first time u get it at the end in citadel.

most other times i used smg and its nade launcher, cos it reminds me of the good old mp5 and the nade launcher that had in the original. it kind of does the same job and is ok.

the ammo for shotgun and rocket launcher in hl2 is a bit of a bummer. in hl1 the shotgun held 8 shells in mag and plenty more.
in hl1 the rpg held 6 rockets.

Yea, the RPG in HL2 is a bit piss, but the shotgun rocks, can take down a combine elite if you get close enuf :sniper:

It has to be the shotgun, you cant beat blasting a combine in the face and watch him go for mile's lol. I miss some of the old weapons from half life. :(

The "best" gun is the Combine turret. Infinite ammo and it locks on to targets as well. Perfect in combination with the gravity gun.

My favorite weapon is the definitely the manipulator.
Why?: Because it's a valve-invention ;)

Shotgun... secondary fire... 2 rounds per shot... ooh.. that' hurts

RPG, I love the new tracking system, a lot better than the one in HL1.

Hairylee said:
It has to be the shotgun, you cant beat blasting a combine in the face and watch him go for mile's lol. I miss some of the old weapons from half life. :(

It's also particularly fun to let headcrabs jump at you then nail it with a shotty blas and watch it fly.

I'd have to be the first here to choose the pistol, not sure why though, I just like how it handles and feels, and yes i know it's virtual :p

InstInct1085 said:
I'd have to be the first here to choose the pistol, not sure why though, I just like how it handles and feels, and yes i know it's virtual :p

pistol is fun, but the animators got lazy on it, so the way it reloads annoys me. the slide majically cocks back into the forward position with not movement from gordon. perhaps he is telepathic.

Back