Votes: 13 11.3%
  • Sniper

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Scout

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Demoman

Votes: 11 9.6%

• Total voters
They're all good classes in their respective rights.

Valve did an excellent job on making each strong and weak in different areas.

thers summin nice about walking along slowly, firing, and when your run back to base to reload sasha walking through a street COVERED in deds.

I cannot understand how "Medic" is someone's favourite class.

What is the fun in it?
:p

Two words.

"Ubercharge!"

and.

Bonesaw.

I haven't played them all yet, but I do enjoy Soldier..***nning amok and blasting the hell out of the enemy.

Eventually I'll get around to playing the other classes.

Scout, then medic. Then spy. Then heavy. Then engy, and demoman. Then whatever else.

Playing as a spy varies between being immensely frustrating (Psycho standing in a corner with the SGs with the minigun constantly going while spasming to spray everywhere), to immensely satifying (knifing the fecker in the back, taking out a load of SGs, etc).

I'm a good medic until I have to use his gun, then I suck because I can't get the arc down for the syringes :(

Pyro, followed closely by Demoman. Primarilly I just run around our base, or circle control points, or a tight corridor that the enemy use all the time, but I think the Pyro is great just for running in ahead of your team and just circle strafing everyone, lighting them up and weakening them as the rest of the team follow up and finish everyone off. I defend with the Demoman alot, too, but I also use him on the offence for suppressing (read: spamming) bottlenecks and turret positions, and again, for just generally softening up others' health.

Sometimes, though, I wonder why Demoman is specifically Defence and Pyro is Offence when, personally, I prefer using them the other way round, but saying that, they can work under their specific categories as well.

EDIT: Also, I find it easiest to take down Spies with the Pyro seeing that when you see as a slight blur or flicker run past you when they are using invisibility you don't actually need to so much as aim but to just follow it and pull the trigger. :p It's less annoying on team mates who you think might be Spies to give them a quick burst of the flame thrower than to blatently stand in front of them and attempt to shoot them with a shotgun or some such. Just run around jetting team mates quickly and theres nothing more satisfying seeing one of them suddenly burst into flames. :D

I remember once as a Pyro, I accidentally fired my gun *Read: Finger slipped*, and I see a walking flame afterwards. Was a fun kill. Probably pissed him off :p

A toughie, especially since i've not racked too much up on the game... I've done best with the Sniper so far, but it's not really a favourite. Spy is quite interesting, but hard to pull off. My favourite is probably the Demoman, even though I'm not specifically that good at it. He's a fairly versatile character so whether Defense or Offense is currently important (and TF2 games can swing so quickly) he has little aces up his sleeve. Hard to beat enemies in a one on one situation, but great for taking down enemy buildings, keeping people off your territory and seriously hurting the terminally distracted.

Demoman, then Spy, then Medic. Least favorite is Scout

I rock the demoman. I have perfected the art of lobbing grenades over walls and into a waiting SG or pyro. I love putting a few stickies on caps for insurance, then blowing them the moment I get "the control point is under attack!" But most of all, after blowing a scout to gibs with a well set trap, having his death screen be a picture of my Black Scottish Cyclops Crotch is pure win.

Spy is good to, if I can get my team to distract theirs. Swapping disguises, cloaking away, and generally causing paranoia is excellent until they get some pyro to basically stand at their spawn flaming everyone who walks through the door.

Medic is a sort of a cerebral thrill. Teaming up with people, healing everyone before big pushes, and intelligently using ubercharges is kind of its own game, with its own rewards. Besides, I'm not all that bad with a bonesaw either.

I simply can't play scout. As much as I dodge, I don't have the aim, the skills, or the reactions to be anything but a pile of meat. I don't see how people on the console version can play him at all.

I thought i'd just resurrect this thread slightly, partly because i've recently discovered the joy of playing medic, soldier and demoman. It's unbelievable that i actually enjoy playing pretty much all of the classes in the game.

Mine is the Engie

My engineer playtime has just past my soldier play time. I normally play soldier upon joining a map before I decide what the team needs the most. Soldier is a good alrounder I use to get a feel for the teams before switching. A good Engie can really help a team, offensive OR defensive

I have the most points in a single life with medic. I almost never use the needle gun tho. As medic I instintivly equip medi-gun / bonesaw at the start of every life. My main focus keeping the whole team alive while building the uber for a pyro/heavy/soldier but at the same time I bonesaw a lot of people, especially spys but even the occasional heavy-medic combo. This has become automatic to the point where I came up against a Pyro and hit "q" to try and kill him with my medigun. In my panic I couldn't remember what to kill people outside of melee range with the midic lol, sad but true.

During my first days of TF2, Pyro was my faviourite. Since then I've gone away and now found new love for the Pyro, helping my fellow Engies defend their turret farms from Spies and Demos. I especially love burning snipers.

There are many MANY snipers better than me, but I have been able to get my revenge on them by changing my position and sniping them from a different angle. The problem I find with snipers is they often get fixated on taking out other snipers only, so you have a game of team fortress going plus a mini side game of 2v2 sniper wars. I normally pull the sniper out for a very specific purpose, do my thing, then switch classes. I do like sniping scouts out of mid air on 2fort tho :)

The scout, he can be cool. Once after joining a game late on the losing team I managed to get behind the enemy line as a scout and cap 3 points in quick succession winning the round while everyone on both teams are going "OMG WTF LOLOLOLOL". Spy, ah the spy. I wanna be a great spy, I really do, but in fact I'm a mediocre spy at best.

Ah who'm I kidding I love all the classes, well the only one I haven't mentioned is the demoman. Even to I have the most defenses and most revenges with him, I still have no special love for the demoman... yet :)

1. Pyro. I dunno why, I love the character of the character class, I love the model and skin, I love not being on fire, and I guess the speed, health and feel of the character suits my playstyle. I don't really even use the flamer that much, but its a nice lil wep to have, when I am not using the shotgun I seem married to.

2. Engineer. Hey, sometimes its fun to just place down a big gun wielding turret and a dispenser and CAMP. Again though probably based more on the look and feel of the character.

3. Medic. Easy mode. Keep folk healed, get the assists, and the needle gun is sufficient to drop the odd noob your "patient" missed, and satisfying to, since you are after all a mere lowly medic.

I can play the other classes to, and there isn't really one I hate. The worst for me is spy because I am not that great and soldier because it seems a tad too simple, just spam rockets till something dies, its okay and probably a good class to master if you enjoy it, but rocket spam for me is too much like UT.

*unlurks*

Career Medic! I'm an odd one in that I get little to no joy from being purely a powerhouse of doom, not like I could be one anyhow (my twitch instincts seem to wane when I play offensively at all). Though being a very vital accessory to a huge amount of kills is truly the most rewarding kind of thing I've experienced in any game... and TF2 makes that joy even more fun. The psychotic, German doctor stereotype with a heavy dose of a sore-loser mentality (a crapload of gloating in positive/cheering voice commands, even more craploads of team-directed insults in negative/jeer voice commands...) is awesomely amusing, too.

The overall time spent is a rather exciting variety for me... a good half of the time is spent frantically dodging around and keeping every teammate reasonably healthy, an eighth of the time is spent listening to a Heavy's insane and broken shouting, another eighth is spent being part of an invincible tag-team... and then the last quarter of the time is for rooting out the Spies that would take you out of action if you didn't notice their little blur first, or a "teammate" acting unusually observant or trying really hard to stay behind you... and then inviting them to participate in a little bonesaw vs. knife dance of death. Woo!

THe heavy it always feels good to mow down ppl:cool:
2nd is the medic it makes me feel involved and the "thank yous" you get make it worthwhile

Back