What's your STEAM ID # ?

Darn it, have to hurry... One can reinstall HL without the option to add it to Steam, and still get the steam id right? At the current rate, I wont be able to play something for days due to its using about 1-2% of my downloading capability.

Or does one have the steam ID already, just got to use a game to see what it is?

Originally posted by dawdler
Darn it, have to hurry... One can reinstall HL without the option to add it to Steam, and still get the steam id right? At the current rate, I wont be able to play something for days due to its using about 1-2% of my downloading capability.

Or does one have the steam ID already, just got to use a game to see what it is?

When you first install steam (having had no beta), it asked me to create an account - i guess this it when u get an id

Originally posted by SLH
When you first install steam (having had no beta), it asked me to create an account - i guess this it when u get an id
Yeah, that's what I assumed too, but everyone seems to say one have to play a game to get it... But maybe that's still just confirmation, you already got the number, just isnt on your computer (just the steam database).

Ok, i'm pissed off at myself. Having installed steam perfectly, waited about 10mins for updates, played hl this it what i did.

Deleted my old HL directory because i didn't think i needed it anymore - what a fucking dumbass!!!

Originally posted by TrueWeltall
Its taken almost an hour to download the steam platform :\

When i downloaded it the first time it updated very quickly, but i guess now everyones heard about it, and so the servers upload rate is maxed out.

Yeah, that's what I assumed too, but everyone seems to say one have to play a game to get it... But maybe that's still just confirmation, you already got the number, just isnt on your computer (just the steam database).

Nope one isnt made for you untill you join a server online. Dunno why seems silly to me. I would have had a very low id if the account creation way was true.

Originally posted by 82ross
Nope one isnt made for you untill you join a server online. Dunno why seems silly to me. I would have had a very low id if the account creation way was true.
Just perfect... HL locks up when trying to start. Joining a HL server dont work. And DoD has been both "ready to play" and constantly downloading for hours... Tried joining a DoD server since it said it was ready, dont work. The only good about it is that DoD did show 1.7mbit/s one time.

If you are having difficulty finding your id#, look in your Steam directory. There should be a file named Steam.log

At the end of many of the lines beginning CsComm will be a number:

X:X:XXXX

This is apparently your Steam Id.

Mine is 6479:
Code:
CsComm        ConnectionPool        Sep-12-2003  08:57:15.165  [924]  Did not find an existing connection, attempting new connection 0,216.228.115.68:27030 for 0:0:6479

Then its 5979 for me. Maybe in a week or so I might be able to confirm it by launching a game.

But another thing: Is it suppose to jump back and forth when downloading? I mean, I see HL/DoD downloading. Then just HL. Then maybe DoD. Then it says "scanning", then its a pause maybe. Then perhaps DoD again. Then DoD/HL. And just HL. Then it says "scanning" again. Etc etc etc...

Edit: and there's a crapload of Aborting on error: Receive Failure, WinSock Error 10054 "Connection reset by peer" in the log file...

so which is the right way to determine steam-id?

looking into config-directory i've got 10470. regarding steam.log it's 6239.

Using "status" in a console is the only(?) right way to do it.

1781 here. Nice and easy to remember :D

and if you compare you "ingame" id, with one of the others in config-dir or steam.log? any matches?

Ok, so after all of the debate between everyone my Steam ID is 7507, a bit better the 10,000 odd that I started this thread in!

you found that out in game or in steam.log (or are this same ids)?

Then its 5979 for me. Maybe in a week or so I might be able to confirm it by launching a game.

But another thing: Is it suppose to jump back and forth when downloading? I mean, I see HL/DoD downloading. Then just HL. Then maybe DoD. Then it says "scanning", then its a pause maybe. Then perhaps DoD again. Then DoD/HL. And just HL. Then it says "scanning" again. Etc etc etc...

Edit: and there's a crapload of Aborting on error: Receive Failure, WinSock Error 10054 "Connection reset by peer" in the log file...

the servers are surely getting hammered, as people have said, its gonna take awhile to get up and running, but after that it should be smooth sailing.

Originally posted by Xtasy0
the servers are surely getting hammered, as people have said, its gonna take awhile to get up and running, but after that it should be smooth sailing.
Only problem is, what does servers have to do with my Steam constantly being unresponsive and locking up? :p

Only problem is, what does servers have to do with my Steam constantly being unresponsive and locking up? :p

Wouldn't be supprised if that's exactly why it's locking up.

It's probably trying to do a routine quick check to the servers in the background but waiting until it gets a reply (thus not responding).

Or maybe somewhere valve forgot a ; ;)

# name userid uniqueid frag time ping loss adr
# 1 "PuNcH" 222 STEAM_0:0:5955 0 01:32 34 0

5955, cool number to have.

I was asleep, and didnt wake up before 9 am, so i got a high one :/

0:1:33150

There were a ton of people getting it last night at about 11:40 Pacific time.

if this

"# 1 "PuNcH" 222 STEAM_0:0:5955 0 01:32 34 0"

is shown in game i think the right steam id is the one in steam.log

so mine is 6239 (got that around 9.30 AM)

what in gods name. you got that a low cd key at 9:30?
i got 33750 or something before that.. im very positive since i've been awake almost 5 hours now.

Originally posted by coax
what in gods name. you got that a low cd key at 9:30?
i got 33750 or something before that.. im very positive since i've been awake almost 5 hours now.
If the log is correct, mine doesnt either make sense, as I saw postings of 10,000+ earlier, and I got 5979... If its correct at all that is, I still am unable to check as nothing works :dozey:

i opened my file and I have 1337

just kidding...i wish

Back