When did putting your PC specs in your sig become cool?

DarkStar

Tank
Reaction score
Because I think it's kinda lame.

I can see why it would be useful on a hardware site where it's useful to see a person's rig at a glance.....but here it seems like pointless bragging. Nothing against you guys who do it, put whatever the hell you want in your sig. To each his own and all that. I guess I'm just wondering why exactly it is that people do it here.

I dont really care, if they want to show it off let them, does'nt bother me, only one who does is p.4 as he allways posts his stupid fps picture and talks about it no matter what the topic, I have no idea why he is not banned yet. I dont even like sigs at all, I think they clutter up the forums, hence why I have never had one.

Sigs like [Matt]´s sig with that spoiler thing are lame...makes the pages twice the size..

i dunno, but putting DOUGLAS ADAMS in your signature is a new trend :D

...ok so its just me, but its still cool...

It's like cars. Or dicks. Or piss contests.

"Mine's bigger than yours!!!"

I don't like sigs in general, image sigs are the worst ever in the history. Specs in sigs on a gaming site is fine in my opinion, what if people have the same specs as you and have problems, a quick pm might solve everything. What if you are benching CS:S, simply glance at the sig rather than let them post it. If you have problems with people putting specs in their sigs then perhaps look a little closer to home for the solution.

My specs aren't great but I just do it so when I post something regarding how well my card runs or anything related to my computer, I don't have to list my specs over and over again. :afro: (just as nutcrackr said)

Suicide42 said:
i dunno, but putting DOUGLAS ADAMS in your signature is a new trend :D

...ok so its just me, but its still cool...
Does it count if the signature only makes a reference to characters from his books instead of mentioning his name directly?

when i did it, everyone saw how amazingly sexy it was so they copied me.

It never did.

It's usually just kids with new PCs who like to brag about it.

talk about little kids who like to brag about there new PC.... i mean just take a look at mr McAsus's sig ;)

.....and kristafon takes the cake.....

Sprafa said:
It's usually just kids with new PCs who like to brag about it.

Yeah CAUSE EVERYONE WANTS to brag about their pc....I MEAN CMON REALLLY.

The new thing is to add such word as "terrorists" into sigs. :|

DiSTuRbEd said:
Yeah CAUSE EVERYONE WANTS to brag about their pc....I MEAN CMON REALLLY.
Uh. Did he say everyone? I am pretty sure he was reffering only to those with pc specs in their sigs.

None of this, though, is quite as bad as that one kid who's pc specs are his nickname, and who keeps posting that pic of his "AwsomeFPS!!@!$!@!!!", no matter how off-topic.

Somebody needs to smack that kid around.

f|uke said:
None of this, though, is quite as bad as that one kid who's pc specs are his nickname, and who keeps posting that pic of his "AwsomeFPS!!@!$!@!!!", no matter how off-topic.

Somebody needs to smack that kid around.

We were talking about that in IRC one day, we were wondering what he would do if he upgraded his pc. Register a new one? :E

It never was cool, people just do it because they are silly :p

Notice how no one with their specs in their signature have posted in this thread.

I have my specs in my sig incase I have hardware problems, or problems with the game, someone might know that a game has a problem with this piece of hardware, and that this driver will fix it. That's why I have it all in there for the mostpart. I dress it up a bit to show it off, but who cares? Besides I've seen polls like these made on other sites, and it's usually by people who have shitty low end systems, so the initial complaint reeks of jealousy. Besides, I could care less what someone named Darkstar from Colorado thinks about me or my sig anyways.

You should go to other forums, where they have Sig Pics, I hat those they just make the forums twice it's size. If we ever had those, I would leave.

Alientank said:
I have my specs in my sig incase I have hardware problems, or problems with the game, someone might know that a game has a problem with this piece of hardware, and that this driver will fix it. That's why I have it all in there for the mostpart. I dress it up a bit to show it off, but who cares? Besides I've seen polls like these made on other sites, and it's usually by people who have shitty low end systems, so the initial complaint reeks of jealousy. Besides, I could care less what someone named Darkstar from Colorado thinks about me or my sig anyways.
do we need to know what kind of moniter you have for technical support issues? or fans? yeesh.

Mine is simple.

I use Aimbot for Counter Strike1.6

gh0st said:
do we need to know what kind of moniter you have for technical support issues? or fans? yeesh.

I said I dress it up a bit, and put everything down that I have. Might as well. Obviously it bugs some people such as yourself, though there is no reason it should.

Alientank said:
I said I dress it up a bit, and put everything down that I have. Might as well. Obviously it bugs some people such as yourself, though there is no reason it should.
hehe doesnt bug me, i just get a kick out of it.

Back