When did you first discover halflife?

I hadn't played a lot of fps's at that point and figured HL would be this really massive and hard experience. So I picked up MDK 2 which turned out be awesome and the Sims which turned out to be a big disappointment.

i heard some of my friends talking about Half-life in grade 7, but i didnt really pay any attention because i was playing starcraft and delta force~~~ anyway, so in grade 9, i got my hands on Opposing Force, and I was amazed by the game, completely. thats when i was sucked into the half life world.....

got a demo disc in a magazine, Half-Life:Uplink, i beat the demo, told my friend, he borrowed it, and made his parents buy him the game, after he played through it, he let me borrow (half-life,opposing force, and TFC all in one mind you), i played through half-life, most of opposing force, and was a hardcore TFCer, then i found CS, and played that till i got hl2. i knew i was geting hl2 for x-mas so about a month ago i played through hl again to famalirize myself once again with the story

Originally, it spawned from a PC game I had been playing for a long time before, Rogue Spear. I had been searching for mods for it, when I came across a site regarding Counter Strike. Sounded cool, so I happened to spot it at a Walmart, and purchased it. I recall looking at the back of the disk case it came in, and saw that they were advertising HL/Opposing Force/Blueshift. They looked good enough, so not long after, I bought the Blue shift/Opposing Force pack. I was hooked instantly, and once again, bought Half Life shortly after.

This summer....July 1st I'm pretty sure is when I played it and fell in love with the game

Had still been into Warcraft 2 and N64 Goldeneye 007 about the time I heard of Half-Life and Sin. Later in 2000 when I went to collage, my roommate tossed me a few game CDs and one of them being Half-Life. He made sure to mention to download this MOD called Counter-Strike. We played that a lot. And in the mix, I played Half-Life then as well and it was great. ;)

I recall the time when i was waiting for Counter-strike to become public. I just sat and refreshed the cs page over and over again, until i could download it.. :) beta 0.1 or what it was called :p

Then i went to lan with a friend, whom i told had to shoot the hostages to win :p apparently i won alot ^^

Now he is pro cs player, earning a lot of money on it.. Damn i hate him :p

I played cs at this internet cafe (which was a horible place, the owners let you in for free if you we're asian, i'm not joking or being racist, it was true)
and fooling around i came across halflife, i playe a bit of the single player and loved it, so i got it anc counterstrike and never went back to that place again.

Another story about that place, there was this kid who easily spend 200 a week at that place, with the amount of money he spent there, he could have bought a suped up pc with CS, such an idiot

I was a youngin (still sorta am I guess... im 16) and my step dad who I got along with, he played some PC games and actually got the first family computer (old pacard bell which was later upgraded with a monster voodoo 2), anyway he bought the game half-life and I found it to be amazing and like for everyone else the graphics looked awsome but now the standard is so high that its hard to see games the way you did in the before time, in the long long ago, LOL

so once I started to notice the growing mod community It kept my interest, one of my favorites was the "THEY HUNGER series" by Neil Manke I always got them from the demo discs, but of course i played TFC and CS (even though I wasen't all that good at CS at the time). I enjoyed all the expansions and loved the concept of playing the game from another POV.

now that half-life 2 is out I will go ahead and say how I discoverd half-life 2 so when a post like this appears after half-life 3 comes out I will have already answered it, wait how could I have not discoverd it its been the talk from gamers for years, well the day before it came out I pre-bought and the next day, when that ****er opened I was in there and out of there and then home, experienceing another delay (installing it) but it was good, I can now die peacefully having beaten it. yeah...

Back