When do ati vouchers get hl2?!

inkined

Reaction score
i have an ati voucher that says please alow 4-6 weeks after release 4 delivery. has n e 1 in the USA got it yet? i live in australia so im expecting to get it late... when do u think ill get it?

You log on to Steam, go to Browse Games, then click "Register product I already own.." and enter the code you got on your voucher.

Yes but you can also request a retial copy from ati if you don't trust steam or have a slow connection.

I used steam to redeem my Ati Voucher (which I then upgraded to a sliver package), so I really can't help you.

i no that. i have already registered it. i have downloaded loads of games from steam but hl2 is 2 big. (it would take about 5 months to download of 56k modem with 700 meg plan). i also entered it on another site and i get it mailed to me, the boxed copy, in the letter box... not off steam

Mountain Man said:
I have a hunch that you've been scammed.

No, didn't you need to register it somewhere to get the physical copy sent to you?

Regardless - it seems like the OP has both used it for Steam and requested a physical copy. As far as I know you can only have one or the other, so I'd guess you won't be receiving it in the mail.

Yeah, where did you enter it exactly?

i think he means he entered it on the ati website, where he probably missed the bit saying you need to send your purchase invoice, retail box barcode and scaned voucher to ati hq

I upgraded to the gold version through steam using the ATI voucher and I haven't received it yet. I'm in Los Angeles.

dudes, i put it in the actual site and printed stuff off and sent it away... but i just relised something... my friend hoo has like unlimited broadband downloaded it off my steam account. do you think they wont send me a copy anymore because they think i already have it?

^^ hehe

Get your freind to burn a dvd/CDs with the HL² preload files for you, valve has no problem with this. I don't think you'll get a copy by mail becuase you enter the Voucher CD key into steam, it one or the other not both.

I think once you register that code with steam you can't get retail sent to you.

wouldn't they have said that if i register on steam i cant get hl2? i will wait untill the end of the 4-6 weeks period i spose (then i'll go to the UK for 5 weeks *SNORE*) then ill buy it.

If your mate has broadband why don't you bring your computer round and LAN up, share internet connection and then download it yourself?

Why not just get your friend to use Steam's backup feature, and then you could load HL2 onto your computer that way.

Back