When do we get mods

Jesus Lincoln

Reaction score
I know that some mods like CSS and DOD:s are already in the making (or done) But what about the other mods, like border patrol, insurgancy and the like--all have started modeling, skinning, and getting ready for the SDK. How long should it take for them to finish development, some are total conversions and some are just little mods.

What are we looking at? 3 months?

dunno... but hopefully HL2 will keep us happy until we do

How much work can they get done before the SDK? How much of the game can be made without the SDK? Just concept art?

There will be mods out weeks after hl2 is released. Then once the sdx is out about 3 weeks later real mods will start to come out.

I remember two mod teams already having access to the SDK. Mayhaps we can expect those two soon after the release?

Mods will probably take about 6 months for some of the bigger ones. But for the most part, I'd say we see smaller mods within days of release. Smaller being simple modifications for single player. EX: Modifyed weapons, Unlimited aux power, etc...

Jesus Lincoln said:
How much work can they get done before the SDK? How much of the game can be made without the SDK? Just concept art?
They can create all the models ( gun models, player models, map environment models and their corresponding textures), all the sounds, they can conceptulize map layouts in 3d programs, they can probably work on all the animations.

That's a lot of work. The delay has been very helpful in that sense.

sven coop 2 has the sdk, but is *apprently* having some problems with its development (human resources).
i was talkign to sven viking in a cs:s server, he was very informative. and before you start saying it wasnt him, i believed it was him, he knew an incredible lot about sven coop.

Couple of months. Most mod teams are working on models and sounds as was forementioned, and I've seen a TON of excellent concept sketches for maps and such.

And then, who knows how many have been working on their mods in secret since the leak... hopefully not many. Valve wouldnt be too happy with that.

I can't wait for those huge maps, duel vehicals, anti gravity Counter Strike mods that will come out a few weeks after the game, lol.

I cant wait for buggys with people on a makeshift mounted gun on the back--Halo style, with a friend as a good driver, that would be a lot of fun

Back