When do you expect VALVe to break their ridiulously long silence on Episode Three?

JUL3

Space Core
Reaction score
I'm hoping for something at the end of this year, after the release of Left4Dead 2, but after what happened last year I haven't got too higher hopes.

E3 2010.

If not, E3 2012, announced as 'Half-Life 3'.

after they get l4d2 finished and they will announce it with portal 2 or cs2 as they wanted feedback from the community.

I'd say we'll just get slight hints after L4D2 until it invades a TF2 update, much like the Spy stealing the Sniper update.

When i tell them to. Now dance Gabe, dance...

29611ea286fe58c14c79804e12d2c8ca287149e4_m.gif

When they are finished with L4D5... in about a year or so .. (valve is milking the l4d community atm so they got enough money to pwnorize Episode 3)..

Theyve probably delayed it due to a single moment of lip-syncing was out of time, so some guy you can trust with a beard probably ran down the corridor, papers flying screaming 'We need another delay Gabe!'

Lets face it, itll be done when its done. Theyre far too busy hyping up L4D2 and adding 'content' to L4D to keep the riffraf happy. Whos ACTUALLY going to continue laying L4D when L4D2 comes out? I mean really.

'No I wont have the new one, im happy with this older, inferior version!'

A little media nugget around Christmas/Year's End hinting at next year's E3 would make sense to me.

In the year 2525. If man is still alive, of course.

I hope to play the damn game before I graduate from college.

I've given up speculating! I was looking at an old thread on here the other day where about 2 years ago I had predicted that we might see it Xmas 2009 & most people thought I was way off i.e. they expected it a lot earlier than that! I think at the time, given Valve's track record, even I thought I was over compensating by giving it so long! And here we are, just a few months from Xmas, without so much as a sniff of info! Unreal.

Next years E3, & I fully expect that it will be a bundled release in the same vein as The Orange Box, so I expect Portal 2 will ship with it & probably CS2 (which will be much more team/co-operative centred). Naturally for PC & 360.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Valve didn't announce a new IP somewhere down the line, though I doubt it will be an MMO.

E3 2010.

If not, E3 2012, announced as 'Half-Life 3'.

Agreed haha... I'm worried that when it finally comes out it's gonna be as short as the other episodes - three years to develop five hours of material?...... needless to say, still pumped.

Agreed haha... I'm worried that when it finally comes out it's gonna be as short as the other episodes - three years to develop five hours of material?...... needless to say, still pumped.
It would suck such balls if you are right about that. I know it takes a long time to make a good game. But come on Valve is starting to be even more ridiculous than Blizzard. Are they trying to see who will release their more anticipated sequel first? Who can have the longest wait between game sequels of all time?

yeah there busy woking on LFD2 atm so maybe after they get that game out maybe

When Black Mesa is released and is revealed that half the team had been hired by Valve to create props and maps (whilst the rest of Valve concentrated on TF2, L4D) for ep3, but had to wait for a rediculously long overhaul of the source engine before commencing the level design.

Im sure ep3 will come as half-life 3 as a full game. With ep2 Valve and EA could sell it together with ep1, hl2, TF2 and portal. They can't make another box with most of those games.

hl3 will be released within the next 12 months and will be announced in a few months

I remember when people were predicting that ep3 would ship in a box with l4d. Now we're getting l4d2 before ep3. I hope we get a suprise release date once l4d2 is out the door but it's not likely. I hope I can avoid spoilers better than I did for ep2.

November 16th is the 5 year anniversary of the release of HL2.

My prediction.

I'm guessing sometime early 2010. But I hope sooner maybe sometime shortly after L4D2 is released which I highly doubt this is just my wishful thinking.

Back