When done installing steam....

SGT Tenor

Reaction score
Do you delete your folders that contains the original Half life and it's mods? I figured it would be best to have some hard drive space available.

Not if you want to continue playing on normal HL servers... I'd keep your HL directory around until everyone is forced to convert to Steam.

Keep them around. Don't make the mistake I made, because Steam doesn't work. It won't load any games. errr. Not even single player.

Anubis

Originally posted by Anubis
Keep them around. Don't make the mistake I made, because Steam doesn't work. It won't load any games. errr. Not even single player.

Anubis

Works fine for me.

I'm in the same situation Anubis is in. No game will launch.

Loads of fun.

Me too. i've tried double clicking on DOD Half life and CS and the game doesn;t launch. I figured I'd reinstall to see if that helps. Funny I've heard that you need to put in your cd key once you double click on a game but that didn't happen.

After starting Steam, wait a few minutes. It seems to be reading your Cache files for a while. Also, right click and select "Always keep this game up to date" for any games you want to play.

And then wait for the updates to finish.

you know what I think you really need to get the official ones that area posted on Steampowerd.com. When I installed it asked if I was 13 or over and such. Maybe that's a clue guys. Get the official sites.

Originally posted by Anubis

Anubis
My HalfLife wont start either... Just says preparing to launch game. And has been now for 5 minutes. The only thing downloading is DoD.

yea, my steam is nightmarishly slow too. i actually made it into the single player and was able to load up an old saved file i had. took almost an hour.

after i got in the game and two 5 min loading spells, it seemed to work normally.

Back