When downloading the videos I got a very interesting message...

Reaction score
It said something about a HALF-LIFE 2 Cd key...

I think I'm the first to mention this because on like EVERY forum I haven't seen anyone post with this. I found it very odd. It said invalid cd key for HL2 or HL2 cd key required...

Anyone else get that? If so, what does it mean?:|

Huh.........?

Don't get all excited and riled up...but I PERSONALLY think something is going on with Valve. I think a demo is coming up. Sometime before the game is released a demo might be released. It's just a feeling I have.

The cd key deal also piqued my curiosity. It's just a FEELING so don't go around saying a demo's in the works.

HOLY CRAP a demo is going to be released! lol, I can only wish!

In a recent interview, Gabe mentioned that they would be testing the billing interface system soon. Obviously, I am not implying that they are intending to release a demo or charge for the movies, but it was probably just a bug related to that system...

Below is the actual quote:
"MOD makers can use the billing interfaces in Steam to go commercial with their MODs. We're about to turn those on in Steam."

Wots a cd key got to do with a demo ? U guys are just desperate

Valve has said that they will NOT release a demo.

Except one after Half-Life II has been released maybe.

No, this has nothing to do with the demo. The good thing is that they are preparing for the HL2 release which should be some relief to those people skeptical of the Sept. 30 date.

I agree with DizyDevil, it was probably just a bug. They said they won't release a demo and a demo wouldn't need a CD key so it is definatly not anything to do with a potential demo.

For what?

I'm just wondering why they're using steam SO much and the cd key thing was really really weird.

So noone else got that message?

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
No, this has nothing to do with the demo. The good thing is that they are preparing for the HL2 release which should be some relief to those people skeptical of the Sept. 30 date.

I think LoneDeranger has a point.. i mean, this is good news anyway you look at it.

This has nothing to do with the so called "CD Key", but Valve dit mention this :

"As we come closer to the shippings, we will release a Benchmark tool to test your PC with the new Source Engine"

what does any type of cdkey have to do with a HL2 demo?!

Nothing.

There is info about entering your HL CDkey in Steam in the various files in the Steam folder (eg \Steam\steam\steamui_english.txt). The plan is, once Steam leaves beta, you will have to enter your HL CDKey to play HL and the mods- else pay monies for them :p Chances are something got weirded up and it displayed the wrong text or something.

Or you saw something like that in one of the files and figured it would be fun to **** with people. :p

You were probably messing around with the alt+ctrl+shift+b feature that allows you to mess around with the user interface and you somehow brought that message up.

No way no how. I SWEAR TO GOD I DID NOT TOUCH ANYTHING AND THIS CD KEY MESSAGE POPPED UP BEFORE THE DOWNLOAD EVEN STARTED!!!!!!!

So you're changing the story now?

When downloading the videos I got a bery interesting message, but actually it was before, and then after, then in the middle and then on top

Originally posted by carloschingarlo
It said something about a HALF-LIFE 2 Cd key...

I think I'm the first to mention this because on like EVERY forum I haven't seen anyone post with this. I found it very odd. It said invalid cd key for HL2 or HL2 cd key required...

Anyone else get that? If so, what does it mean?:|

Erm what is different?

Back