When is the bigger Update?

R

redneck24

CS Source is obviously far from great. Anyone know when the big bad update is gonna come out, activating bots, removing menu errors, etc.

Not sure, I dont think valve has been working too much lately (everyone deserves a winter break, eh?)

don't forget that valve also is working on the ATI levels for hl2, dod:s, Team Fortress 2, and probably half-life 3.

so i'm sure they don't have very many people working on cs:s content updates.

Deputy J Garcia said:
don't forget that valve also is working on the ATI levels for hl2, dod:s, Team Fortress 2, and probably half-life 3.

so i'm sure they don't have very many people working on cs:s content updates.

ATI Levels? What's that all about? :| :upstare:

@ the ATi levels - it means we will have HL2 etc which has been optimised for ATi cards. So things should run and look much better.

I'm hoping this will stand for CS:S as well.

Cobblers said:
@ the ATi levels - it means we will have HL2 etc which has been optimised for ATi cards. So things should run and look much better.

I'm hoping this will stand for CS:S as well.

Indeed, and hope for the quick release of dod:s, it's the last port to be even released yet.

Also I hope for TF2:s early 2005

Well they are taking money for CS:S so they need to finish that before they bother working on other games tbh

Cant take money off people for half a game

I thought that they had already optimised source games for ATI. Or did they just cripple Nvidia...they did something like that :\

The new 6000 series definitely aren't crippled, HL2 and CS run like a dream on my 6800 GT. I seem to remember the 5000 (FX) series were meant to be pretty crippled when it came to the source engine though.

TopDog said:
Well they are taking money for CS:S so they need to finish that before they bother working on other games tbh

Cant take money off people for half a game
People Already very much know it's not finished, in which case if they had any objections, they shouldn't have bought the game in the first place.

It's an investment. You pay for it now, and you get the whole thing and more when it's done. I personally find it very fun already.

Edit: Oh, and at the first poster:
Anyone who claims to know the release date of the update is just purely guessing. VALVe like to keep these things close to their chests, if you know what I mean.

I agree, i think it's an extremely enjoyable game already, update or no update.

The ati levels are a few Custom maps Made by valve that are COMPLETE overhauls, EXTREMELY detailed, Only the high end cards will be able to take them..
should be interesting..

Topdog:

How the hell can you describe CS:s as half done? Sure it doesn't have as many levels but other than that the game mechanics are a dream and it looks superb and it is very very much finished in terms of playability. I have spent more time playing CS: Source than i did completing HL2 so quit moaning and go do something more constructive. I love CS Source to bits and it leaves me gagging for more but i am prepared to wait.

The new 6000 series definitely aren't crippled, HL2 and CS run like a dream on my 6800 GT. I seem to remember the 5000 (FX) series were meant to be pretty crippled when it came to the source engine though.
Sorry, I just re-read my post and it didn't say what was in my head at all. What I meant to say was, apparently hl2 was coded to get the best out of ATI cards, but didn't push nvidia cards to their full potential in the same way. The cards are still kickass, and the play the game extremely well. But they could do better if valve liked them :\

Im not bitching that its half done... It can stay this done forever for all i care. Im mentoning all the little bugs here and there that drive everyone nuts. And activate the darned bots.

Back