Where are they coming from?

Pressure

Reaction score
Where are the aliens coming from in Half-Life 2? I thought in the first one they were coming from the planet Xen. But at the end of the game you are told by the G-Man that Xen had been taken over by humans. If Xen had been taken over then what is transporting all these aliens to Earth still?

Well this is one of those things we'll find out when we play Half-Life 2.

It's the kind of information that would make the game less fun for me. Not knowing much about story, weapons, monsters... makes actually playing it that much more exciting. I, personally, am curious about SO much in this game, but I want to be careful not to ruin the game before I even experience it.

(sorry, but this is yet another of the many posts I've seen that questions the unknowns of HL2. Maybe it's wise to just wait it out to see it all for yourself?)

btw: I didn't mean to intrude on your query

I thought there was something I missed in HL so thats why I asked. I'm not trying to ruin the game for anyone.

well isnt hl2 about 3 years after hl, so maybe the humans lost control of xen and now the aliens are retaliating(SP)

doubt anything that specific is anything but rumor, as valve is keeping things very secretive.

All we DO know is that the game aims to make sense for people who didn't play HL1 at all, so I'm putting money on this being an entirely different race of aliens.

Pressure if you can i highly suggest you download HL1 on steam and beat it its a great game and worth playing + you will understand it fully

well isnt hl2 about 3 years after hl, so maybe the humans lost control of xen and now the aliens are retaliating(SP)
No, its around 15 years.

you know what?

i very much doubt hl2 will solve all of the big mysteries. in hl1 we didnt know who the g-man was... =/ and there was every/any chance hl1 could have bombed [well, you know. its still a possibility] and we wouldnt have known who g-man was

anyway, just random ranting :)

I've beaten HL about 5 times. So I don't think I need to download it because I own the CD. But I was saying maybe there was something I missed while playing but I guess not.

If its an entirely new race of aliens, Why are some of the same aliens from HL popping up? I think that the humans lost control of Xen and now Xen is starting to take over Earth.

I don't think Gordon ages normally. He's genetically enhanced isn't he?

Originally posted by Why?

speculation speculation, its brings us no where

Originally posted by Lifthz
I don't think Gordon ages normally. He's genetically enhanced isn't he?

who said that?

What i heard/read is it like this. (Everyone else close your eyes...) That the old Xen aliens and the humans allies to kill a bigger and stronger alien creatur from another planet.

That reminds me Blade2's scenario...
I think it's much more complicated than those speculations, so as far as we know yet: Aliens are back, G-Man is back, Gordon, Alyx, Kleiner are back... Isn't this just like old times ?
We're going to kick their asses no matter what is their "alien race" ! :eek:
Just wait & see...

Alyx wadn't in deh first, her mum was but we never saw her. Well I presume lil Alyx wasn't there, she would've been pretty young at that stage :S Weird.

Back