where do i place probe in xdreamer II

Reaction score
ok, recently bought xdreamer II and i dont know where to put the prob if i want cpu temp readings. wires that connect the probe to the lcd is way too big to it in between the pins of the amd 2400 cpu so is there another place where i can accurate readings? for the lcd?

i currently have it right in one of the fins of the heatsink but the readigns are far off from the readings of sandrasoft which takes its readings from a probe included in my mboard( i dont know where the probe is but the mboard is albatron kx600). sandra soft is currently reading 104F while case lcd is reading 72F

id take a picture to show u the probe and wire included with case but i dont have a digi camera

Ah good, an AMD user. This one's easy, you should have one of these one the end of those wires:

http://www.casejunkiez.com/image_popup.php?image=/reviews/cooling/smartfan2_3.jpg

if so, slide it next to the CPU's die, and not under it, there should be a spot where there are no chips obstructing its path. You should also have some 2 sided fire retardant sticker to adhere the sensor on top of the CPU. If you have a shim, carfully find a way to slide in under the shim, as to not obstruct the heatsink. So far my max sensor count on the AMD CPU's is 2 side by side, any more and the heatsink will not fit.

Also look very carefully at the sensor, some have top and bottom, although sometimes it doesn't matter, when the CPU heats up it will detect it if adhere'd correctly... :)

unfortunately my sensor probe isnt the same as the one pictured in the picture. when u look at the picure in the link, u see that it has 2 very small green wires. this iswhere it difere from my probe. instead of 2 very small/thin wires, its just regular wires that are like 1.5mm thick.

never the less, it should still work in the same place.....theoretically :naughty:

Just be sure it doesn't measure higher than 1mm.

odd, I can't find any good internal images of your case? Meh, looks cool. :)

Back