Where do you live?

Where do you live?

• Asia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • candy cane lane

• Wales (small village next to the UK) ;)

• Total voters
Well im assuming that most people in europe visit sites in their own language. This is after all and English site...

Brian Damage said:
Right...

Great idea. Exile your country's convicts to a place with some of the nicest scenery and weather in the world...

You live on a desert island....yes a large desert island but still a desert island one the less :p

Ok so have a big flat rock and some trees...

The reason why there are no members from Russia is because

1) They have a different alphabet
2) They are all playing their pirated copies of HL right now (Siberia is anyway)

I like in Maple Grove, Minnesota. It is suprising to find other people from Minnesota on the internet...

Foxtrot said:
I like in Maple Grove, Minnesota. It is suprising to find other people from Minnesota on the internet...

lmao, i feel that way about colorado sometimes. but then again... darkstar is from colorado... WOOOO!

anyways, for stupid people out there...
/me points at mirror

Denver Colorado, USA is my home.

Farrowlesparrow said:
Well im assuming that most people in europe visit sites in their own language. This is after all and English site...

You live on a desert island....yes a large desert island but still a desert island one the less :p

Ok so have a big flat rock and some trees...

The biggest island in the world. Which has some of the nicest beaches in the world. And some of the prettiest forests. And some of the most fascinating rainforests. And the strangest wildlife. And the coolest rock formations. And some totally awesome native art.

And the most liveable city in the world :p.

I voted for russia since no one else did...

"the biggest island in the world"

At what size do you stop calling a totally water-surrounded land mass an island? Is Antarctica considered an island? Is the Asia/Europe/Africa combination considered an island? Are the Americas considered an island? All of the above are completely surrounded by water. Why aren't they considered islands? Where is the cut-off point? Saying that Australia is the largest island in the world is as stupid as calling a 2m (about 6'6") tall guy the tallest man in the world.

OCybrManO said:
"the biggest island in the world"

At what size do you stop calling a totally water-surrounded land mass an island? Is Antarctica considered an island? Is the Asia/Europe/Africa combination considered an island? Are the Americas considered an island? All of the above are completely surrounded by water. Why aren't they considered islands? Where is the cut-off point? Saying that Australia is the largest island in the world is as stupid as calling a 2m (about 6'6") tall guy the tallest man in the world.

Actually, I do believe it is an official statistic. Something to do with the length of the coastline, I think.

i live in a igloo somewhere in the eastern part of Canada.. please don't stalk me :|

Why is UK apart from europe?

Uk IS a country from europe..just like all others are

Brian Damage said:
Actually, I do believe it is an official statistic. Something to do with the length of the coastline, I think.
That still explains nothing. Are you trying to tell me that a land mass twice as large as Austrailia (such as Antarctica) or even larger has a shorter coastline? It still comes down to the cut-off point for what is considered an island.

Uk is so much different to europe they have euro we dont, they have efficient rail services, we dont. They speak crazy other languages, we dont.....

The UK is off europe not of europe...

Our rail service aint to bad actually. Yes it could be improved a lot but considering what its gone through id say it was alright....At least, it seems alright where i live and ive never had any problems going anywhere else.

Anyway, since this is a UK site it would make sense to seperate them out, regardless of what you think the UK's position is in europe.

We're apart from Europe because we're an island. Yes we are part of Europe but the island mentality comes through. We patriotic/xenophobic brits refuse to accept the Euro or drive on the other side of the road. Although I must admit our way of driving is better. Think about it - most people are right handed so it makes sense to have the driver seat on the right of the car.

Im from Ireland but I dont see it up there.You put in Wales and no ones voted for it!And whats candy cane lane doing up there.Ill just put down Europe I suppose.

AH_Viper said:
Scotland..... don't get me started why in not putting England (UK)

I was thinking that. Everyone I know from Scotland HATES the UK being called "England".

Why not just put "UK" instead of "England(UK)".

I live in London and I'm shocked that it isn't up there because, as everyone knows, it is a country in its own glorious right. Racism, pure and simple.

:( there was no finland in the poll.
I live in Finland!

I just love the dam Internet, bring people from around the world into one place.

/me from England (My mother country is Holland)

DEATH eVADER said:
The reason why there are no members from Russia is because

1) They have a different alphabet
2) They are all playing their pirated copies of HL right now (Siberia is anyway)

Not so funny.

/me from Germany

el Chi said:
I live in London and I'm shocked that it isn't up there because, as everyone knows, it is a country in its own glorious right. Racism, pure and simple.

The population of London is greater than the population of Scotland.

Back