Where the devil is the 9800xt

SaltyCrackers

Reaction score
Anyone know when I'll be able to find a 9800xt 128mb in stores? I'm not sure if Ati is making a 128mb version, but Sapphire is. When will I be able to find one at best buy? Maybe they were waiting for the Cat 3.8's to be finished so they could be shipped with the 9800xt's? Grr. I need one by the 22nd to play XIII, MOHAA Breakthrough, and Max Payne 2!:bounce:

It's out at retail? Oh, and that link says that the Half Life 2 w/Asus only has the single player with it. Sapphire's site says you get the SP+MP. And, I'd like to get a 128mb version since 256 is overkill...

Just got back an Email. I wondered the exact same thing.

Regarding the availability of the Radeon 9800 XT:

Unfortunately the Radeon 9800 XT is a limited edition and at this time is only available from our online store. Please refer to this link for our online store - https://buy.ati.com/shopati/

Regards,

Christopher Murdock
Customer Service Canada
ATI Technologies, Inc.
http://www.ati.com

yeah, it's out, but the bundled xt is considered some sort of rare collectors thingymabob.

But what about the third party company's versions (Sapphire, Asus, etc)? I'm sure they're going to retail. ATI doesn't even have a 128mb version of the 9800xt listed anyway, so it looks like I'm waiting on that Sapphire. Go to Sapphiretech.com and the 9800xt is on the front page. I remember somewhere seeing pics of the 9800xt sapphire and it was fanless cooling. Yet, the pic on the site looks almost identical to ATi's version, albeit having a blue Sapphire logo on it.

Originally posted by iamironsam
God damn wrong place for this thread. Check www.rage3d.com and stop with the irrelavent threads.

Whoops. Looks like I should have made a thread asking about HL2's release or the beta version or the source code. My mistake.

Cool so for £36 from OCUK i can get a Radeon9200 (stick it in a fileshare/server PC) AND a copy of Half Life 2? BARGAIN :D

Originally posted by bamdth47
Cool so for £36 from OCUK i can get a Radeon9200 (stick it in a fileshare/server PC) AND a copy of Half Life 2? BARGAIN :D

Half-Life 2 is only free if you buy an XT card.

Wait wait - I want to make sure - are you saying the 9600 XT ALSO comes with HL2????

The 9800xt is here, well I have it at least. I ordered it on the 30th of last month from ATI's website. I have been periodically checking the order status since then. Well, I checked UPS' site today with my order number and the card was on it's way to my house.

I am currently at work but I did get a chance to go home for a few minutes (I live close to work) and check it out. I just got a chance to open the cardboard box and looked at the retail 9800xt box. It has the ATI gargoyle on the fron of the box. Also on the front of the box is the HL2 sticker. For anyone who still thinks the game may come in the box, it doesn't. In small letters on the sticker it says "Coupon Inside".

On the back of the box, there are several things about HL2. All of the screenshots on the back are from HL2 as well. So, I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. I will do so tonight though. I can't wait to play Max Payne 2 and HL2 among other games on this card.

No, it sure doesn't. I'm sure I will find out tonight when I open the retail box and examine everything. It looks to be a sweet card though. I am really anxious right now to get home and try it out.

Go ahead take the rest of the day off. And if anyones asks tell them I said it was OK.

Originally posted by Aknot
Go ahead take the rest of the day off. And if anyones asks tell them I said it was OK.

lol. Yeah, I have definitely thought about it. It's just not a good day and I really can't afford to leave early. I should be off in a few hours though so it's not too much longer. I will give my impressions of the card later after I have had a chance to play some games on it. :cheers:

Originally posted by draven
lol. Yeah, I have definitely thought about it. It's just not a good day and I really can't afford to leave early. I should be off in a few hours though so it's not too much longer. I will give my impressions of the card later after I have had a chance to play some games on it. :cheers:

East Coast?

I was LAN Admin. I now do Information Assurance for the Marine Corps at Quantico. You?

I'm in highschool doing a version of homeschooling over the internet with real teachers. So I'm on a ****ing computer all day.

Originally posted by Aknot
I was LAN Admin. I now do Information Assurance for the Marine Corps at Quantico. You?

What is information assurance?
Is that like a data manager or admin?

Originally posted by CaptainStupid
What is information assurance?
Is that like a data manager or admin?

In a nutshell I review networks and systems (programs) that the Marine Corps is using making sure they follow the proper procedures set fourth by the DOD.

ati blah

I have the radeon 9800pro (actually sold my 5900u to buy it from the hl2 reports)...got the 9800p for $350 and overclocked it to 482/392 on air cooling (should run at the 412/xxx 9800xt setting with no prob whatsoever (I have a coolermaster case with and intake and extake tornado fan)....my point is the 9800xt is completely unneccessary....Now granted some people are going to want to buy it...in fact I ordered it Oct. 1st and it said it was still in stock on ati's web site...2 days later I called ati and they told me they had goofed up my order and that it was backordered but I would get it in a week. Well called them up today and they said that they filled some other orders placed and ran out of cards. They filled orders placed after mine but before their screwup was detected. When I asked to cancel my order they were very rude stating "this is the only place you can get it, why do you want to cancel", and "let me connect you to our cancellation department".......(in a rude tone)....Then when I talked on the phone with the cancellation department and asked them why my order was handled so badly she started talking about how the web site had said "limited quantities"....if you ask me, ati is making a money run with this new batch of cards. If you look at actual design spec I must say I liked the build of the 5900u better. Really the 5900u is a much more advanced card (32bit istead of 24, smaller micron process) but it's too advanced for the games out and not advanced enough for games that actually take advantage of 32 bits in the future, therefore making the 9800p the better card for dx9 games. All I can hope is that nvidia rocks the house with the nv40 because I don't want my money going to ati again after the crap they just pulled on me.....

Would it be worth the money for a 9800 XT with a 1.8 GHZ P4 processor? Or is that irrelevant?

stupid question here, but how much does the 9600Pro cost now? also, how much does the 9600XT w/hl2 cost? (USD of course ;))

what you guys gotta understand is that the 9800pro will drop in price in the coming week and the card is FANTASTIC I dont care if the XT has come out in 2 weeks ill be buying a cheaper Hercules 9800 pro and enjoying awesome graphics

Back