Where to start?

SpiderPig

Reaction score
Hi,

Im a complete beginer with a copy of 3ds max 8 and looking to model but where do I learn the basics?

I see theres tutorials in the sticky but most of them require you to have basic knowledge of how the program works.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

well you could start by opening max, looking at the top right hand corner at the button that says "help". clicking on that will reveal a users guide and beginers tutorials. thats probably the best place to start.

Agreed, back when I didn't have an internet connection..I learned everything from there. Definately the best place to start

The easiest thing to do, is, build a box, go into the modifiers tab on the right hand side, click the drop down box, and go to "edit poly". Then just play around with the tools and learn what they do. The main ones wuld be, extrude, bevel... weld, and cut.

pi mo rho strikes again. well i think you need to sift through alot of tutorials. try 3d palace. and 3dtotal.

It might be best to buy the 3Ds max bible for your version, off of the net or something.

Back