Where's the official website?

papa jake

Reaction score
Is valve planning on an official website for HL2? You'd think by now they would have put one up.

Re: Official website...

Originally posted by papa jake
Is valve planning on an official website for HL2? You'd think by now they would have put one up.

Perhaps you should've put a question mark at the end of that title? Gives readers on here a bit of a spine-tingling is all. As to your query, well, all I have to say is this: You'd think by now they would have put Half-Life 2 in their 'projects' section of their website.

EDIT: Seriously, go to www.valvesoftware.com and look in the 'Projects' section. They've got Steam in there, but nothing at all about Half-Life 2. Makes me wonder if they've updated that site in ages.

that would be instant bandwidth hog. maybe they're trying to save it for steam? i dunno. I assume they'll have one by game launch though.

Re: Re: Official website...

Originally posted by spitcodfry
Perhaps you should've put a question mark at the end of that title? Gives readers on here a bit of a spine-tingling is all.
Didn't think about that. Fixed.:thumbs:

valve send most of the info this way, so no real need for us but it would be helpful to advertise the game and such and for people who arnt in the community

What's the use of a website? they won't give out new info or screenshots, so it will be the same old stuff we've already seen a thousand times.

valve has never been big on websites, i know a hl2 and hl3 website are reserved but i don't remember the address and i don't think they've really put anything on there.

Originally posted by papa jake

I wonder the same. Its probably last on their list.

I know UT2K3 had a website for it's community quite a while before the game was released.

As much as I like these forums I think it would be cool to have an official one with announcements from the developers and stuff, but like Para said they probably won't be releasing any new stuff untill the game is out.

Sierra's HL2 home page will be up soon.

With all the sites devoted to Halfe-life2, I don't even think they need to spend the time, money, or bandwidth to put one out. Sure these are all fansites, but some come damn close to official sites, like this one for example.

Valve, worry about games, and leave the websites up to your fans.

Valve needs and HL2 Website so they can release information there. I'm tired of getting information through the "Gabe sparsely answers JR0x0rs email at 10:30 at night, JR0X0rs posts to forum, every calls JR0x0rs a liar until they get more confirmation. The limited information goes out and causes huge misunderstandings, rinse repeat" method. Steam and the different versions of HL2 aren't that complex, but this method of information dissemination has caused tons of problem.

Give me official website. Give me official, formal, well written information about the game.

Originally posted by )[eVo]( Para
What's the use of a website? they won't give out new info or screenshots, so it will be the same old stuff we've already seen a thousand times.

Para why are you always sooo... sooo, negative?

I bet you they already have the website designed and ready. Theyre just waiting till the game is released.

The website is probably made and ready to be uploaded. They will do it on Sep 30th...

They've already registered half-life2.net, half-life2.com and half-life2.org. ;)

I'll say it again, Valve has never been huge on websites. Check out some of their other stuff http://www.valvesoftware.com/projects.htm My favorite is clicking on the Releases button on the Half-Life website... The last update was sometime in June of 1999 about the launching of the Team-Fortress2 website which hasn't been updated for a loooooooooong time now.

Re: Re: Official website...

Originally posted by spitcodfry
Perhaps you should've put a question mark at the end of that title? Gives readers on here a bit of a spine-tingling is all. As to your query, well, all I have to say is this: You'd think by now they would have put Half-Life 2 in their 'projects' section of their website.

EDIT: Seriously, go to www.valvesoftware.com and look in the 'Projects' section. They've got Steam in there, but nothing at all about Half-Life 2. Makes me wonder if they've updated that site in ages.

Well, look at their people section. if you search for HL2, you'll see that one of the guys is listed as working on HL2. that's an update that is probably post E3. I bet they are waiting for day one to unveil a website.

or maybe steam final will have some sort of news site thing.

Originally posted by TheOriginalEvil
Para why are you always sooo... sooo, negative?

What I meant was that Valve will not release new media until the game has been released so that you can "discover the game" for yourself. There's no necessity for a official website right now.

Back